Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,221💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alrighty, so, I've got me ol' leg weights finally, let me have it!
Rather than RPing this, instead tell me the principles of how leg weights actually work and their benefits. Once you have done this, i'll confirm and we will come back in a months time when the buff kicks in. Remember this is bio bound, you need to buy it each time you want them on a new bio.

Anbu Kirito

Veteran
Kin
1,110💸
Kumi
10,495💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So! The leg weights work about how you might think they would. After an acclimatization period, represented in our RP as one month IRL, the user can drop the weights in any situation to double their running speed and add 20 damage to all leg based physical attacks (kicks and the like). This boost in speed is however nullified by any higher boosting ability and only stacks upon the user's base speed + specializations. Thus, the formula for calculating a person's speed with LW off is 2 x (base speed + specialization or any other bio-based modifiers).

The disadvantages are also what you might expect. Users usually have to slow down just before an attack and while their MOVEMENT speed increases drastically, their attack speed is not impacted.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,221💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So! The leg weights work about how you might think they would. After an acclimatization period, represented in our RP as one month IRL, the user can drop the weights in any situation to double their running speed and add 20 damage to all leg based physical attacks (kicks and the like). This boost in speed is however nullified by any higher boosting ability and only stacks upon the user's base speed + specializations. Thus, the formula for calculating a person's speed with LW off is 2 x (base speed + specialization or any other bio-based modifiers).

The disadvantages are also what you might expect. Users usually have to slow down just before an attack and while their MOVEMENT speed increases drastically, their attack speed is not impacted.
You become so used to putting in the effort with the added weight, when they are removed, you're body instead moves faster with that added effort. Be the same as if you were bench pressing. You're benching 100kg. You go to push up with the same force, but the weight has been removed, you'd probs end up throwing the bar through the ceiling. Same force with no resistance. Hence the boost in speed and power.

Remember it only increases your running speed and leg based taijutsu. So you can sprint towards them twice as fast, but when you go to punch, it's your normal speed.

Enjoy the one month wait while you have a training montage. Feel free to post a training montage in the meantime if it makes you feel better.

Your homework: Find a song that you'd use for a montage, can't choose Eye of the Tiger.

Anbu Kirito

Veteran
Kin
1,110💸
Kumi
10,495💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ooc: been a bit more than a month but oh well.

Day One:

"Okay, what the **** did Magnus sign me up for!?"

Azuma couldn't move. He was in bed, needed to piss, and couldn't move. Struggling his way into a sitting position, he eventually managed to right himself, but regardless, he was unable to move his legs. Even worse, he soon found himself sliding off the bed with no way to stop himself from falling.

This would be a long month.

Day Six:

After nearly a week of straining himself to simply use the bathroom and cook, movement had become a difficult, if possible feat for Azuma. Now, however, a new challenge awaited him. A challenge which took the form of a training dummy in the middle of a grassy field. Lifting his leg to strike, the green-haired Uchiha found himself once again struggling, especially once he'd chambered his attack. Alas, when he finally managed to extend far enough, his leg was sore and he'd hit with about as much force as a feather. Exhaling in exhaustion, Azuma grabbed his right leg and looked down for a second before sighing.

"Well...that's one. A thousand more to go."

Day Fifteen:

"Two-hundred...Two-hundred one...-"

Azuma had made significant progress. While training, the soreness was now coming from striking the pole with his strained muscles, not from the weight itself. An effort to be sure, but slowly, his strength was returning to his legs. He would have been lying if he said he hadn't thought of taking them off, but he knew that somehow, Magnus would find out and the very thought of disobeying that man's training routine scared the living daylights out of him.

Sooooo many push-ups.

The green-haired boy shivered. He had training to do; best not delay.

Day Thirty:

Approaching the training ground he'd first met with Magnus at, Azuma awaited the mans arrival. It had been a painful month, but with sore legs and an even more sore ego, he had worked through it. That said, there was only one thing on his mind as he waited for his teacher.

That long-haired dick better get his ass out here on time; I can't wait to have these damn things off of me.

And wait he did.

Anbu Kirito

Veteran
Kin
1,110💸
Kumi
10,495💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So, for one, they only increase movement speed, not attack speed. You still have to slow down to strike, I.E Lee whilst fighting Gaara. They're very useful for getting around defenses and can actually break the perception speed of people who don't have a dojutsu or tracking specialty. Also, the +20 to Leg Based Taijutsu is quite significant, as it basically boosts the damage by a full rank. To say the least, Leg Weights are very powerful.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,221💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So, for one, they only increase movement speed, not attack speed. You still have to slow down to strike, I.E Lee whilst fighting Gaara. They're very useful for getting around defenses and can actually break the perception speed of people who don't have a dojutsu or tracking specialty. Also, the +20 to Leg Based Taijutsu is quite significant, as it basically boosts the damage by a full rank. To say the least, Leg Weights are very powerful.
Congrats, go run a bit quicker and kick a bit harder