Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, what I know is that imperfect SSM is attained through imperfect balance of Natural Chakra and ones own chakra network. The result of this, for Snake Sage Mode users, is that they gain scales, horns and brilles that protect their eyes from visual attacks that range from flash bombs tho debris and even eye contact based Genjutsu. Imperfect Snake Sage Mode users also gain a discolouration around their eyes as well as a pupil that more closely resembles that of a snake.

The rest I can grab from the Sage Mode rules, including the conversion and how much of my chakra to Sage Chakra that gets used up per turn and by me using jutsu. Also a +20 damage to all nin and tai up to and including S-ranks, immunity to non-boosted C-rank and below genjutsu and the ability to break genjutsu using release methods one rank lower than normal.

Houdinii

Elite
Kin
738💸
Kumi
4,046💴
Trait Points
33⚔️
Awards
Be careful when stating Natural Chakra cause its actually natural energy. But yes in essence Sage training is teaching you to tap into the unexplored natural energy surrounding you and to harness it for your needs and aims. For that purpose..

*Slams my hand down and reverse summons us to the Ryuchi Cave*

I bring you here. You would see a large and dimly lit cave spanning out around you, on the walls are extremely intricate carvings of serpents that spirals up into the darkness above. First you must learn to feel the natural energy around you, to do so sit and meditate. Empty your mind of all thought, feelings and earthly ties, only a cup that is empty may be filled with the power of nature.

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ah cool, I'll be more careful in future. So Natural Energy is the stuff I'm learning to tap into and the Natural Chakra is what is made after I mix it with my own Chakra?

*Having been summoned into the cave with intricate carvings adorning all the walls, Shinta sits cross-legged on the ground and begins to meditate as instructed. Instead of focusing on what he thinks he knows about Natural Energy, Shinta hangs on the instructions of his sensei and attempts to feel the energy around him. As time passes, Shinta would begin to notice sensations in the atmosphere around him, ripples from his sensei's movements and tiny disturbances from snakes in the cave. It wasn't a strong sensation but it was more than he could feel prior to beginning the meditation.*

Houdinii

Elite
Kin
738💸
Kumi
4,046💴
Trait Points
33⚔️
Awards
Ah cool, I'll be more careful in future. So Natural Energy is the stuff I'm learning to tap into and the Natural Chakra is what is made after I mix it with my own Chakra?

*Having been summoned into the cave with intricate carvings adorning all the walls, Shinta sits cross-legged on the ground and begins to meditate as instructed. Instead of focusing on what he thinks he knows about Natural Energy, Shinta hangs on the instructions of his sensei and attempts to feel the energy around him. As time passes, Shinta would begin to notice sensations in the atmosphere around him, ripples from his sensei's movements and tiny disturbances from snakes in the cave. It wasn't a strong sensation but it was more than he could feel prior to beginning the meditation.*
Natural energy is what you are learning to tap into yes, but when mixed with your usual chakra(spiritual and physical) it forms Sage chakra. I've never seen the term Natural Chakra before lol

You have done well to empty your mind, however this is only the beginning of what is required for a Sage.

*Slams my hand down on the earth, forming a large bed of spikes with several stone slabs to the side.*

Now you must learn to calm your body and mind in tandem, to prevent outside disturbances from disrupting the clam and still pool of your mind. Meditate on a slab atop the spikes, balance yourself there and keep your body perfectly still. Try to broaden your meditation and get a feel for the natural flow around you, connect with and understand it.

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*Doing as instructed, Shinta moved to sit on one of the slabs atop a spike. Leaping up and landing on one was simple enough, until he moved to sit, almost slipping right off before dropping to his hands and knees to regain balance and stability. Realising that this was harder than it looks, Shinta closes his eyes while still on all fours, focusing his senses before carefully moving into a seated meditation position. Now seated, Shinta has to fight small twitches and his own bodies attempts to move, though fighting it seems to be making things worse. Moments pass before Shinta eventually manages to calm his body into a perfectly still pose that allows him to once again feel the Natural Energy around him. As time continues to pass, Shinta's connection to the Natural Energy becomes more effortless, he's able to more easily detect the flow of energy around everything in the cave and how it interacts with living things; including himself, eventually coming to a point where it is almost like Shinta could reach out and touch the energy around him.*

Houdinii

Elite
Kin
738💸
Kumi
4,046💴
Trait Points
33⚔️
Awards
*Doing as instructed, Shinta moved to sit on one of the slabs atop a spike. Leaping up and landing on one was simple enough, until he moved to sit, almost slipping right off before dropping to his hands and knees to regain balance and stability. Realising that this was harder than it looks, Shinta closes his eyes while still on all fours, focusing his senses before carefully moving into a seated meditation position. Now seated, Shinta has to fight small twitches and his own bodies attempts to move, though fighting it seems to be making things worse. Moments pass before Shinta eventually manages to calm his body into a perfectly still pose that allows him to once again feel the Natural Energy around him. As time continues to pass, Shinta's connection to the Natural Energy becomes more effortless, he's able to more easily detect the flow of energy around everything in the cave and how it interacts with living things; including himself, eventually coming to a point where it is almost like Shinta could reach out and touch the energy around him.*
Well done, now attempt to draw that energy into yourself. Balance it with with your spiritual and physical energies with equal portions of each. Be careful to draw upon the energy slowly as too much will run rampant within your body, causing you to turn into stone and join the carvings of the other failed students. DUN DUN DUNNNN

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*Sweats nervously as he looks at the stone carvings, wondering which face he should pull in the event he fails this next step*

*Still in his seated, mediation position, Shinta begins to focus on drawing the Natural Energy into himself, taking his time so that he only absorbs the smallest amount at any given moment so that he has time to balance it out with his Physical and Spiritual energies. In time, Shinta starts to take in slightly larger amounts of natural energy as he feels more confident balancing it with his own energies, in perfect harmony.*

Houdinii

Elite
Kin
738💸
Kumi
4,046💴
Trait Points
33⚔️
Awards
Purple marks appear around your eyes as you maintain the balance just right.

Congrats!

( Fukanzen Hebi Sennin Modo ) - Imperfect Snake Sage Mode
Type: Supplementary
Range: N/a
Chakra cost: N/A ( -10 turn to sustain )
Damage Points: Active + 20 damage to all ninjutsu and taijutsu up to S rank
Description: An empowered state of body achieved by blending natural energy with one’s physical and spiritual energy. The mode heightens performance on all levels by adding a new dimension of power to the user’s chakra. The state is a direct result of Senjutsu chakra circulating through the body. To enter this form, a minimum of 10% of the user’s maximum chakra reserve must be moulded into Senjutsu chakra, all subsequent technique employ Senjutsu chakra until the minimum cost (-10/turn) cannot be paid to sustain the mode. The user is immune to C-rank and below damage (unless externally empowered to increase lethality) for the duration of this technique. The user is able to passively sense chakra and his/her perception and reflexes are enhanced. Their ninjutsu and strength increases, empowering taijutsu and other close range physical combat techniques by +20. Additionally, the user is able to break out of Genjutsu, using Genjutsu release technique one rank lower than what he would normally be required to. Lastly, the user gains access to snake anatomy and other physical feats granted by Sage mode.
Note: Usable twice per battle . Must wait 2 turns before using this technique again. Perfect Sages can use either perfect or imperfect form thrice with a delay of 1 turn between modes.
Note: Imperfect Sages can convert a maximum of 30% of their total chakra reserve. Perfect Sages can convert a maximum of 40% of their total chakra reserve.

Do you have any questions or comments about your new abilities before we move onto the actual techniques?

Houdinii

Elite
Kin
738💸
Kumi
4,046💴
Trait Points
33⚔️
Awards
lets do it then, this is pretty much the sole technique available to Snake Sage Mode users so we will cover it thoroughly.

( Senpō: Muki Tensei ) - Sage Art: Inorganic Reincarnation
Type: Offensive, Supplementary
Range: Short - Long
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: 60
Description: This technique allows the user to control things that have no life functions by gifting them with some of their own life force, allowing the user to freely manipulate the substance according to their will. The extent of the user's control goes beyond normal manipulation through chakra, meaning that even drastic alterations to the immediate environment can occur both suddenly and unexpectedly, making attacks using this method extremely difficult to avoid. Intense heat such as that produced by the flames of Amaterasu can counter the effects of this technique, causing affected inorganic materials to revert to their previous state.
Note: Effects of the technique last two turns and can only be used while on Snake Sage Mode.

Use your sage chakra to transfer some of your very life force into an inanimate object. This will allow you to manipulate the object as if it was an extension of your own body. This allows you to manipulate it in much more intricate and complex patterns much faster than regular elemental techniques.

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So, this jutsu allows me to imbue life-energy to anything inanimate. I think I recall Kabuto using this on the cave he and the Uchiha Brother's fought in, but would I be able to use it on steel or paper for example?

*Standing from his meditating position, Shinta can already feel some of his Sage Chakra disappearing as he's no longer able to focus on drawing in the energy while moving. Using what remained of his sage chakra, He would imbue some of it into a nearby stalagmite, using the energy to make it suddenly spread out into a 3x3m wall.*

I feel like I need to learn to be more creative for using this jutsu.

Houdinii

Elite
Kin
738💸
Kumi
4,046💴
Trait Points
33⚔️
Awards
Yes you can use it on something like steel or paper, so its quite useful for people with KG that require a source for their techniques. We will go over this jutsu a bit more so you get a good feel for it, remember that you can do unusual things with this technique as it allows a greater level of manipulation of the effected object/material. Remember that the speed is a key component of this jutsu, it is very fast to act.

For example one of my favourite things to do with this jutsu was to lower the earth suddenly below the opponent to leave them suspended in the air momentarily and then fold the edges of the hole inwards towards them. Forming kinda like a bear trap effect with the sides rushing in to crush them. Try again and be more creative this time, stretch the limits.