Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Rightio, Taijutsu.

Tell me what Taijutsu is to you; what you know of it and how you plan on using it?
Taijutsu to me is the art of hand to hand combat with no weapons invloved.There are many different styles of taijutsu from all different countries. All involve similar things and many are to defend yourself against an opponent.Or simply for entertainment. It is a brilliant past time
I know a little about taijutsu though most of it comes from real life experience.Some of the styles i know of are Jujitsu,Judo,Mauy tai,Taekwondo,Boxing,Akido,aki-tai(?) General gist is to defend yourself while causing harm to an opponent .
I plan to use taijutsu in NB by once obtaining the correct training creating a kaguya bio learning the moves and then creating cj for it based on the kaguya clan jutsu.I also hope to create a CFS based on taijutsu.

Lyanna Stark

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lyanna stand with her feet just shoulder apart.With her left foot forward pointing towards her target whilst her right foot is pointing to the side.Her left hand is up bent with the forearm infront of her face hand in a fist with the thumb tucked inside providing a blocking hand.Her right hand is next to her hip wrist bone to hip bone like her left hand thumb tucked safely under fingers however this time it was with the underside of her forearm facing up.The manakin infront of her she quickly extends her elbow aiming for the solar plex twists her right hand during the extension while doing so she shifts her stance the the opposite of her start with her left hand now near her hip ready for transition.

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You make is sound like your left thumb is tucked inside your closed fist... in my experience, that's a mighty fine way to break your thumb .__.

Okay, so that was pretty good. For battles, you wont need to include such fine detail as what your thumbs are doing. Just stating whether or not you are using an open or closed fist would be enough.
Also, your punch reads to me that you are just going through the motion of a punch, as if this were a dojo and I were to be schooling you on technique and drilling it into your muscle memory. The power from a punch or a kick, starts from an anchor point of which it draws the power from. In this case, your feet are your anchors and allow you to push into the ground as you make your punch, to give you a stable platform to punch from.
Stances help you gain adequate power for you attacks; while yes, a basic position of feet side-by-side and shoudler-width apart does allow you to push sideways into the ground to gain your power, it leaves you in the most open silhouette for counter attacks and sweeps.
A stance with one leg slightly behind you (both feet still shoulder width apart) allows you to push off your back foot to deliver more power, with the front foot being the main anchor point to catch yourself after you finish your punch. You can also decide to thrust your weight forward off your back foot and then push through your front foot to gain even more power, but leave you in a more vulnerable position as you are forced to follow through with your weight. This stance also allows you more versatility in the way you counter, having the option for kicks, punches or to step away or into your opponent.

Anyway... does that make sense?

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
First taijutsu move learnt!

(Gangeki) - Rock Attack
Type: Attack
Range: Short
Chakra cost: N/A
Damage points: 20
Description: The user will strike their opponent with a strong punch to the chest

You might notice that this jutsu, like many taijutsu moves, don't require chakra... that is one of the main benefits of Taijutsu... it will always be there, no matter how low your chakra is... assuming you have mobility and all your limbs that is .__.

Now... move away from the training dummy slightly so you can get a good run up. Then run with all your might towards the dummy and leap into the air, aiming a straight kick directly towards it!

As well as performing this jutsu, don't get too complicated with the description as this one is pretty well known (just make it clear what you are doing/aiming for), tell me what the point of this running before the jump kick might be?

Lyanna Stark

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Dashing directly back i a straight line Lyanna stands in a classic jujitsu stance before running towards the dummy around 2 meters away she jumps up and extending her need while keeping the foot straight hits the dummy with the balls of her feet.Bouncing back off it she lands back in a jujitsu stance.

Reason for the jump is to gain power behind the kick and to use your momentum.

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I asked what the point of running is before the jump but you pretty much answered it... it's to gain enough momentum to make a powerful kick without actually doing a kicking motion.

(Dainamikku Entori) - Dynamic Entry
Type:Attack
Range:Short
Chakra Cost:N/A
Damage Points:20
Description:A taijutsu attack were the user does a jumping kick into the opponents face.

Now for some more kicking. This one will require you to spin around on the spot to perform a low-sweep with your extended foot that is aimed below the target's centre of mass. This is a quick and snappy kick that relies on the speed of the spin to boost the power output of the kick in order to trip up and open the target up to follow-up attack.

You must be registered for see images

Image for reference of target being tripped and opened up for follow-up attack.

So after you perform the attack, tell me how you'd follow up this attack using a jutsu or ability that you know. Then tell me what you'd do if this was used against you.

Lyanna Stark

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Crouching on my right foot i extend my left fully pointing my toes and then spin,Using the momentum when my left leg hits your it nocks you off balance and you lose contact with the floor i follow through hitting both.Your about 30cm-1m off the floor back closest to the floor from there i produce a single senbon and impale it in your back between your vertebrae paralyzing you when you land you only drive it deeper through veins,muscle and tissue.

If i had to use an ability/jutsu i would probably use d rank ice jutsu to make a spike where his heart is.Using his own momentum he would pierce himself/herself on it.

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*Shinta disperses into a cloud of smoke, leaving a training manikin in his place*

Yeah, lets not attack me just yet... instead aim for the training manikin's .__.

(Konoha Reppū) - Leaf Gale
Chakra Cost: N/A
Damage Points:20
Description: This technique is a good example of how even simple taijutsu can become a pre-eminently destructive, lethal technique. The attack is a simple rear spinning low kick, but a strong enough user can send a large adult flying as if they weighed nothing. The goal is to throw the enemy off balance, and deal damage to the lower half of their body

Okay so this one is like a more advanced version of the Leaf Gale you just learned. You'll firstly execute a spinning high kick with the apparent intent of hitting your opponents head, of course if this misses it's no big deal as this kick is really a feint. Continuing on from the spinning momentum you gained from the first kick, you'll finish with a spinning back kick to the opponent's ribs with the other foot; it is this kick that has more of a chance of connecting due to the feint and the greater speed gained from initial kick.

Last edited:

Lyanna Stark

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Aiming for his manikins head deidara spins on his right foot bringing his left up into the air just infront of the dolls head feinting e uses the momentum gained and lifts his right foot of the ground continuing to spin he kicks the doll in the spot where the ribs would usually be sending his doll flying with possible broken ribs.

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good, you just learned:

(Konoha Senpū) - Leaf Hurricane
Chakra Cost: N/A
Damage Points: 20
Description: A taijutsu where one launches a succession of high kicks and low kicks. Firstly, the opponent's evasion margin is restrained upon seeing the high kick, thus augmenting the chances for the low kick to hit the mark connecting to the rib cage area. So originally the high kick is little more than a feint.

You've also already shown me you can throw a punch...
(Kodzuku) Punch
Type: Offensive
Chakra: N/A
Damage: 20
Description: One of the simplest moves in Taijutsu, the user will simply use one of his hands to deliver a simple punch by clenching his fist and swinging his arm. The user is free to do variations of a basic frontal punch and the technique though simple, can be deadly for strong users.

Show my your strongest slap on this training dummy, then tell me how a slap can be used both offensively and defensively.

Also, show me what you know about simple, standing kicks.

Lyanna Stark

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Standing in front of the dummy Lyanna raises her hand diagonally across her face/chest before bringing it down on an angle backhanded to the dummy's face sending it flying.
Used in offense like that possible send the towards a trap etc
Defensively could knock away projectile weapons provided its used on the none cutting sides.

Standing in front of the dummy lyanna lashes in a regular straight kick hitting the dummy in the chest with the ball of her foot. Sending it back a little distance.
She the dashes forward and pivots performing a maegari kick

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Kikku) Kick
Chakra: N/A
Damage: 20
Description: One of the simplest moves in Taijutsu, the user will simply hit the opponent with a kick from one of his legs. He is free to choose simple variations of the kick and the stronger he is, the more dangerous the technique is.

So grapples or simply put, tackling your opponent xD What benefit is there to tackling an opponent and what are you generally aiming for when aiming to grapple your foe?

Lyanna Stark

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hmmm a use i cant see much other than to put them onto scattered weapons littering the ground.Eg poisoned metal spikes swords etc As for the grappling if you combine it with the (medical i think) jutsu which is shown in the 1st fight of round 2 chuunin exam(chakra absorb) then yeh you get the point.

Lyanna rushes her opponent slamming her shoulder into their gut reaching behind their knee caps she pulls and pushes at the same time lifting her opponent of the ground and into the air before they slam down onto the poisoned makabshi that lay on the floor.The poison being deadly they die within a minute of agonizing pain.

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The second part of my question is what are you generally aiming for with a grapple? That would be to throw off your targets centre of mass so that you can bring them down in such a way, that you are able to pin them or deal serious damage using there own body weight against them.

(Fōringu Hōyō) Falling Embrace
Damage points: 20
Description: The user runs at the enemy and tackles them, slamming them into the earth.

Now that was your last D-rank. So keep in mind that all of these basic d-ranks, form the basis of the higher ranks to come.

(Konoha Shōfū) – Leaf Rising Wind
Damage points: 30
Description: This technique uses the entire body as a spring, by amassing power through taking a posture where the back of the body falls down. With this powerful taijutsu, the user kicks just above the head. Because the power of the kick from the ground is instantly converted into a blow, the enemy hit with this attack will be launched high into the sky.

It may be best for you to watch this on youtube and/or research it on the Naruto Wikia. This is a fairly complicated jutsu to understand in terms of were the power and forces are coming from, but a relatively simple attack to perform. You'll simple shift your body weight back while you essentially sit back one of your legs, while simultaneously swinging your free leg sharply upwards, to deal a rising kick to your target.

So I've explained how it works, I want you to tell me when this attack would be useful in combat, its strengths and weaknesses, combinations/follow-up attacks and anything else you would like to note about this jutsu. Could you also explain to me where the power of this kick comes from?

Lyanna Stark

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In battle it could be used to deflect a strike as shown in the wiki by aiming for the opponents wrist.Possibly snapping it rendering the hand useless and unless they know 1 handseals they're done with ninjutsu or anything requiring regular handsigns.if their trying to jump from above onto you etc is when i would use it.
Strengths
Fast powerful and allows for a set up of other jutsu
Weaknesses
Its taijutsu...anything pointy is always a risk unless you wear armour like a mandalore or kaguya clan member.
Combinations
Oh my this is a good jutsu for combinations. specifically ones involving kenjutsu
So for my sake lets say i used hidden mist in the last fight and mirrors to get close.The opponent reacts with a kenjutsu move .I use this to counter and send them into the air.Immediately following up with silent killing an instant jutsu which would silence my movements making them not only visably not aware of my location but wouldn't hear me push of from the ground as i reach behind them i would use ( Rakkasui ) - Falling Water

Performing the jutsu
As i see my opponent swiping at me with their sword i bend down crouching on one leg letting my balance transfer before springing my other leg back up with amazing force striking their wrist not only disarming them but breaking the hand enabling it useless during the process.

Where the power comes from
As you go to the ground you gain momentum balancing it out you would use the same momentum to spring back up with one leg making your kick more powerful than usual.

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Asshō) - Pressure Palm
Description: The user strikes their opponent with a downwards thrust striking them to the floor.

(Shōgekishō) - Upwards Attacking Palm
Description: The user strikes their opponent with an upwards thrust into the abdomen lifting them into the air.

(Hōshō) - Crumbling Palm
Description: The user strikes the opponent with a forwarding palm thrust.

All of these are just simple, open palm strikes. These types of hits are usually made in a horse-riding stance, or similar, and would be coupled with you stamping your foot to add to the power of your strike. Since each of these are relatively easy to understand, I want you to break each of these down as you did the previous jutsu. However there is one exception, you must compare each of these to each other i.e. state why each variant is unique and how it relates to the other two. You might also want to talk about the different uses and what situations would call for what strike etc.