Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*Appears and sits beside Shikamaru, looking relaxed and friendly*

Good morning! I'm Souji Seta of the Nekura clan, your sensei for today. Welcome to Genjutsu training.

Tell me a little bit about yourself!

Asmodai

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*Appears and sits beside Shikamaru, looking relaxed and friendly*

Good morning! I'm Souji Seta of the Nekura clan, your sensei for today. Welcome to Genjutsu training.

Tell me a little bit about yourself!
*looks at a man beside him while hearing his introduction

''Yo , morning . my name is shikamaru nara from nara clan and yeah I will be learning genjutsu from you today.''

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice to meet you! So... what do you know about genjutsu? What have you learned? This will help me guide our discussion.

*sits cross-legged and waits for an answer*

Asmodai

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice to meet you! So... what do you know about genjutsu? What have you learned? This will help me guide our discussion.

*sits cross-legged and waits for an answer*
''lets see..Genjutsu are a technique where you cast an illusion into another person by distrupt the person chakra flow to confuse their senses and make them experience a hallucinations that they believe are real. Genjutsu mainly focusing to dealing psychological damage to an opponent.''

And a friend taught me how to break genjutsu through pain.

D Rank Genjutsu: Chipping a Finger (like one does as he bites to draw blood for a Summoning Jutsu)
C Rank Genjutsu: Low level Physical Attacks, Bitting a chunk of your Cheek
B Rank Genjutsu: Low ranked Taijutsu/Freestyle
A Rank Genjutsu: High ranked Taijutsu, Stabbing Yourself in minor muscle, Cutting yourself, Breaking Smaller bones, Low level Burning/Voltage, Painful Cold
S Rank Genjutsu: EIG/Sage level Taijutsu, Breaking Bones, Deep Stabs or cuts, Medium Voltage/Burning, Extreme Painful Cold, Bitting your tongue off.

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good, you have the basics well laid out. But in our context, before breaking out of a genjutsu, you must be able to "reason" your way out of it before applying the appropriate level of pain.

What does this mean? It means that you must "figure out" you are in an illusion before breaking out of it. Failing to do so will result in a possible counter from you not working, and you staying in the illusion until your opponent finishes you off; not a good thing!

List the five senses we all have, and tell me how you think an illusion might affect each sense.

Asmodai

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good, you have the basics well laid out. But in our context, before breaking out of a genjutsu, you must be able to "reason" your way out of it before applying the appropriate level of pain.

What does this mean? It means that you must "figure out" you are in an illusion before breaking out of it. Failing to do so will result in a possible counter from you not working, and you staying in the illusion until your opponent finishes you off; not a good thing!

List the five senses we all have, and tell me how you think an illusion might affect each sense.
Seeing
it will distrupt my eyesight making me believe what I saw real example it would make me see a butterfly suddenly appear before me but in reality it could be something else like a kunai.

Hearing
it make me hear something like someone is talking behind me and make me believe my opponent is there but in reality they are somewhere else

Smell
can make me smell something stink to the point I could throw up in reality it just normal smell.

taste
im not sure about this one

Touch
my opponent could suddenly make feel chill like there is cold wind brewing eventhough in reality it in a hot day

im not sure what im talking about >_<

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, what you said is perfect! Those are some basic examples of how Genjutsu can make things that aren't really there feel like they really are.

As for taste genjutsu, those aren't very common. However, Lili-Chwan, one of the older RPers here, has a Clan that's based on taste genjutsu. I'm not sure how it works, myself, but it's probably pretty trippy (no irony intended).

But in any case, let's begin with techniques! We will basically be discussing them, asking questions, maybe trying them out, etc etc. I'm here to guide you and show you how things work; it's up to you to absorb the information and ask questions if needed. This is YOUR learning experience!

The first thing I will teach you is the Genjutsu Kai. It's a common counter to genjutsu that doesn't have to utilize pain. Instead, it's a "spike" in the user's chakra system, forcing the foreign chakra of an opponent's illusion out of the user, breaking it in the process.

Take a look at the jutsu description below, and make sure you understand it! Again, feel free to ask questions if you have any.

( Genjutsu: Kai ) - Illusion Technique: Release
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 15-40
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user does one hand seal to focus and then proceeds to disturb his chakra flow by forcefully stopping it momentarily and then "spiking" his spiritual energy, unbalancing his chakra. This dispels any genjutsu set upon the user except MS Eye Techniques, Paralysis-like Genjutsu and Demonic Illusion: Toad Confrontation Chant. The effectiveness of this technique is dependent upon the skill of the user. A Jounin rank ninja can dispel Genjutsu up to C-rank. An S-class ninja can dispel Genjutsu up to B-rank. A Sannin rank ninja can dispel Genjutsu up to A-rank. A Sage rank user can dispel Genjutsu up to S-Rank. The user may use this technique through physical contact on others to dispel them from Genjutsu. The technique can only be used once per turn and the user still needs to fully follow the logic as to why he figured out it was an illusion.

Asmodai

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, what you said is perfect! Those are some basic examples of how Genjutsu can make things that aren't really there feel like they really are.

As for taste genjutsu, those aren't very common. However, Lili-Chwan, one of the older RPers here, has a Clan that's based on taste genjutsu. I'm not sure how it works, myself, but it's probably pretty trippy (no irony intended).

But in any case, let's begin with techniques! We will basically be discussing them, asking questions, maybe trying them out, etc etc. I'm here to guide you and show you how things work; it's up to you to absorb the information and ask questions if needed. This is YOUR learning experience!

The first thing I will teach you is the Genjutsu Kai. It's a common counter to genjutsu that doesn't have to utilize pain. Instead, it's a "spike" in the user's chakra system, forcing the foreign chakra of an opponent's illusion out of the user, breaking it in the process.

Take a look at the jutsu description below, and make sure you understand it! Again, feel free to ask questions if you have any.
''hurm... I make one handseal then stop my chakra flow for a moment. then spiking my spiritual energy making my chakra unbalanced because of this the kenjutsu been dispel.
I think I understand it but just to be exact can you somehow perform it sensei ? just need an example >_<''

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
... an example? Hm.

Ok! Use this genjutsu on me, and I will show you how to break out of it using the Kai. It's good to have a hands-on approach.

*reveals the first technique using a scroll it's written on* Try to inject your chakra into my own system, causing the change in my own senses. Be descriptive, and try to determine what I see. Use it as if you are fighting me in a real battle.

( Magen: Kokoni Arazu no Jutsu ) - Demonic Illusion: False Surroundings Technique
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 10 (+5 if you use it double)
Description: The user casts an illusion over an area that allows him to manipulate the way an area looks to fool an opponent. He can only change the way the terrain looks, and not any other feature.

Asmodai

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
... an example? Hm.

Ok! Use this genjutsu on me, and I will show you how to break out of it using the Kai. It's good to have a hands-on approach.

*reveals the first technique using a scroll it's written on* Try to inject your chakra into my own system, causing the change in my own senses. Be descriptive, and try to determine what I see. Use it as if you are fighting me in a real battle.
''Err... how do I inject my chakra into your system exactly? Do I focuses chakra and somehow release it into your system?''

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes. Essentially, the key to genjutsu is to focus your chakra and mold it, turning it into a Yin Release form (spiritual aspect of chakra) that you release into your surroundings and target your opponent, allowing the chakra to "push" into their own system, placing under a genjutsu. How you mold the chakra will determine what senses they affect and what the illusion does.

Was that clear?

Asmodai

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes. Essentially, the key to genjutsu is to focus your chakra and mold it, turning it into a Yin Release form (spiritual aspect of chakra) that you release into your surroundings and target your opponent, allowing the chakra to "push" into their own system, placing under a genjutsu. How you mold the chakra will determine what senses they affect and what the illusion does.

Was that clear?
''Ok I'll try''

Shikamaru focuses his chakra then releases into his sensei system making him see a large rock in front of him blocking his vision.

''Is that good enough?''

How you mold the chakra will determine what senses they affect and what the illusion does.
''There is different kind of mold for each senses? O_O''

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
''Ok I'll try''

Shikamaru focuses his chakra then releases into his sensei system making him see a large rock in front of him blocking his vision.

''Is that good enough?''

''There is different kind of mold for each senses? O_O''
Upon seeing a large rock form in front of him in between himself and his student, Souji wondered what the nature of this jutsu was. One would assume it was a simple Earth technique, but Souji noted the ground around the 'rock', which was relatively undisturbed and without signs that an Earth jutsu had caused the rock to emerge. Therefore, he could safely conclude that something was amiss.

Forming a handseal, he spiked his chakra to release the illusion, dissipating the 'rock' and coming back to reality.

( Genjutsu: Kai ) - Illusion Technique: Release
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 15-40
Description: The user does one hand seal to focus and then proceeds to disturb his chakra flow by forcefully stopping it momentarily and then "spiking" his spiritual energy, unbalancing his chakra. This dispels any genjutsu set upon the user except MS Eye Techniques, Paralysis-like Genjutsu and Demonic Illusion: Toad Confrontation Chant. The effectiveness of this technique is dependent upon the skill of the user. A Jounin rank ninja can dispel Genjutsu up to C-rank. An S-class ninja can dispel Genjutsu up to B-rank. A Sannin rank ninja can dispel Genjutsu up to A-rank. A Sage rank user can dispel Genjutsu up to S-Rank. The user may use this technique through physical contact on others to dispel them from Genjutsu. The technique can only be used once per turn and the user still needs to fully follow the logic as to why he figured out it was an illusion.

... good job! That was well done. Notice how I had to think through and figure out why the rock that you had placed in front of me wasn't real! You have to have a keen sense of observation, and you'll experience this a lot the more you get into fights with shinobi who like using genjutsu a lot.

And for your question, it's all based on the description of the technique. In a fight, you'll just have to write out what the illusion does to your opponent!

How was that? Any questions? Anything else we need to clarify before we move on?

Reactions: Asmodai