Legendary
Kin
3💸
Kumi
24💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alright welcome to the club here is your welcome folder, basket and leather jacket U:U what do you know about Snake SM and SM in general?
Well so far I can be precise on a few little notes. The first being that there are three types of sage mode currently in the rp. Toad sage mode, Wood sage mode (which I will likely be doing later) and Snake sage mode. Each having a different type of attribute state of appearance then the others. They work by gathering natural energy through the surroundings drawing from the life force energy of plants and animals, and or the land itself. Your chakra will then have to meld with the Senjutsu chakra so you can utilize a mode to harness Senjutsu abilities and states.

Normally this requires the user to remain still for at least a turn in rp retrospect. There are ways around this.
You then have to be able to wield the chakra properly during this transitional period or it can turn you to stone in some instances. Or just fail completly in other circumstances. This mode can alter appearances as stated before anything from skin color, eyes, scales, marking, physical shape change, and so on. It ignites extra power and boosts for specific things like strength, speed, and sensory even. While also allowing you a deeper chakra reserve as well.
I guess that's a start but there is tons of extra filler that can be talked about as well.

Korra.

Sage of Snakes
Supreme
Kin
2,212💸
Kumi
4,343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Great response ^^ Great now time to torture I mean teach you *has us reverse summoned to Ryuchi Cave* Now, since you've chosen the snake sage mode, we will need to do this the hard way!

*Performs a handseal and summons a bed of incredebly sharp six feet tall spikes, with one twelve foot tall spike in the middle*

Take a stone slab from the pile, and sit on the taller spike, gain your balance and maintain absolute stillness.

It looks simpler than it is, believe me

Summer

Legendary
Kin
3💸
Kumi
24💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Being a more precise and tactical technician. I grab a stone slab from the pile of slabs. Placing the slab onto onto the spike like pillar. I focus myself while leaping into the air too the center point of the slab. Landing on my right foot pointed like a ballerina. I then wiggle slightly but slowly begin to crouch down and sit in the precise middle of the slab. Having crossed my legs and placed my palms of my hands on top of my knees. I close my eyes and proceed to meditate for several hours until my body remains completly still. Flies would swirl around my face trying to persuade me to move but to no avail I would remain diligent.

Korra.

Sage of Snakes
Supreme
Kin
2,212💸
Kumi
4,343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must now draw on this flow, pulling the energy inside your body and balancing it equally with your spiritual and physical energies in a 1:1:1 ratio.
Too little natural energy and nothing happens, too much and.... It will kill you. *Dun Dun Dun * basically like finding the mixture of Ketchup, Mustard and BBQ sauce on one piece of food ^^

Summer

Legendary
Kin
3💸
Kumi
24💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must now draw on this flow, pulling the energy inside your body and balancing it equally with your spiritual and physical energies in a 1:1:1 ratio.
Too little natural energy and nothing happens, too much and.... It will kill you. *Dun Dun Dun * basically like finding the mixture of Ketchup, Mustard and BBQ sauce on one piece of food ^^

Balancing with his eyes closed, Cobra allowed his Korra's words to resonate , as he focused on the task. He was in a calm almost meditative state. Cobra had wavered with natural energy, but this was a whole different ball game. If he screwed up the ratio it could spell certain death for him, and while he dared not let that thought cross his mind and disturb his concentration. His mind was clear and ripple free like a calm lake if water as he begins to concentrate his spiritual and physical energies focusing to sync them in harmony with one another. As he does so, he begins to also focus on the natural energy all around them, all the life force he could feel thru-out the area as he connected to nature it'self, drawing in the natural energies from around him. He begins to feel his body changing, as he tries to balance the 3 energies perfectly by keeping his body loose and his mind alert. After awhile of balancing them out, he finally reach the right ratio, holding it steady at 1:1:1. He could immediately tell his mixture of senjutsu chakra was just right, as he clenches his fists in amazement of his new found strength, and smiles at his sensei licking his lip..

Korra.

Sage of Snakes
Supreme
Kin
2,212💸
Kumi
4,343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
( Sennin Modo ) – Sage Mode
Type: Supplementary
Range: N/A
Chakra cost: 70 (-15 per turn, adds 300 chakra points)
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user, by standing perfectly still in a meditative focus (user must stay still for 1 turn), will draw into him natural energy which he will then blend with their own chakra adding a new dimension of power to it. By doing this, the user gains access to what is called senjutsu chakra. This new chakra allows the user to enter an empowered state called Sage Mode, which then drastically increases the strength of his techniques and his physical prowess (speed, strength, stamina, etc). This variation is used by the signers of the Snake Contract that undergo Senjutsu Training. The Snake sage mode gives different effects and features than its toad counter part. The user gains yellow eyes with a black sclera. They gain further access to snake anatomy, such as their brille, which can be used to block out some light as well as stop visual-based genjutsu from affecting them and their scales, which bestow a rudimentary yet effective protection from minor attacks. They are also able to perform abilities that are characteristic of snakes, such as dislocating their jaw, although this is not exclusive to this mode. Their physical strength, speed, stamina, reflexes, and durability dramatically increase, with more emphasis on speed, agility and reflexes rather than strength, endurance and raw power. When Sage mode ends the user then experiences physical exhaustion reducing their capabilities the following turn and preventing him from using techniques above A-Rank and Taijutsu above B-Rank. A user can prevent this by using a shadow clone to collect natural energy and dispelling it before sage mode ends or by ending sage mode before it times out. While sage mode is active, minor wounds heal slowly as time passes and the user gains the ability to passively sense his surroundings through the natural energy, in a similar but more precise and enhanced way as normal chakra sensing. While Sage Mode is active, the user will take little damage from techniques C-Rank and below, specially Taijutsu. Taijutsu gains +15 damage, main elemental affinity gains +20 damage, other elemental ninjutsu gain +10 damage and Genjutsu gains +10 damage.
Note: Sage Mode lasts for a total of 6 turns unless a clone is used
Note: This variation can only be used by custom bios with the Snake contract

Type: Offensive, Supplementary
Range: Short - Long
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: 60
Description: This technique allows the user to control things that have no life functions by gifting them with some of their own life force, allowing the user to freely manipulate the substance according to their will. The extent of the user's control goes beyond normal manipulation through chakra, meaning that even drastic alterations to the immediate environment can occur both suddenly and unexpectedly, making attacks using this method extremely difficult to avoid. Intense heat such as that produced by the flames of Amaterasu can counter the effects of this technique, causing affected inorganic materials to revert to their previous state.
Note: Effects of the technique last two turns and can only be used while on Snake Sage Mode.

This is the only technique for the Snake Sage Mode, so we'll learn it before your time in this state runs out. This technique is very potent, allowing you to impart a portion of your "life" force (done with your fine balance into Natural Energy) into the environment around you. Fairly useless in plain fields, this technique is fueled by creativity rather than strength. By donating your life force to nearby inanimate objects, you gain full control over them (looking at the , your degree of control is quite ridiculous). Different from techniques that manipulate nature with chakra, this has no limitations as elements do. You don't even have to follow normal restrictions of the environment or object (as seen, Kabuto was able to curve the earth as if it were some form of fabric, as well as grow stone spikes). You can cause the environment to change in linear movements (such as Kabuto did - just simple changes like the spikes coming closer and the roof and floor changing to get Itachi into position) so fast that even the Sharingan has difficulty keeping up (Itachi had time to create a Susano'o arm to protect Sasuke, but couldn't also form more of Susano'o to protect himself). This technique overall is great, and I personally would like to use it in a forest to get an army of Ents on my side.
Now, this technique has a few certain restrictions. First of all, you can't make things "fly" - magically levitating for no obvious reason. You also can't control anything that is living, which would include animals of all kind and humans. Plants are acceptable.
As for its weaknesses, powerful flames such as Amaterasu (given the rank it's been granted in the RP, I'd also say S-rank flame) can disrupt your energy and return the objects/environment to their normal state. But aside from that, weaknesses are a case-by-case system.

So, why don't you perform it, show me an example of how you'd use it (in your performance), and then ask any questions you have about this technique, or SSM in general

Summer

Legendary
Kin
3💸
Kumi
24💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
( Sennin Modo ) – Sage Mode
Type: Supplementary
Range: N/A
Chakra cost: 70 (-15 per turn, adds 300 chakra points)
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user, by standing perfectly still in a meditative focus (user must stay still for 1 turn), will draw into him natural energy which he will then blend with their own chakra adding a new dimension of power to it. By doing this, the user gains access to what is called senjutsu chakra. This new chakra allows the user to enter an empowered state called Sage Mode, which then drastically increases the strength of his techniques and his physical prowess (speed, strength, stamina, etc). This variation is used by the signers of the Snake Contract that undergo Senjutsu Training. The Snake sage mode gives different effects and features than its toad counter part. The user gains yellow eyes with a black sclera. They gain further access to snake anatomy, such as their brille, which can be used to block out some light as well as stop visual-based genjutsu from affecting them and their scales, which bestow a rudimentary yet effective protection from minor attacks. They are also able to perform abilities that are characteristic of snakes, such as dislocating their jaw, although this is not exclusive to this mode. Their physical strength, speed, stamina, reflexes, and durability dramatically increase, with more emphasis on speed, agility and reflexes rather than strength, endurance and raw power. When Sage mode ends the user then experiences physical exhaustion reducing their capabilities the following turn and preventing him from using techniques above A-Rank and Taijutsu above B-Rank. A user can prevent this by using a shadow clone to collect natural energy and dispelling it before sage mode ends or by ending sage mode before it times out. While sage mode is active, minor wounds heal slowly as time passes and the user gains the ability to passively sense his surroundings through the natural energy, in a similar but more precise and enhanced way as normal chakra sensing. While Sage Mode is active, the user will take little damage from techniques C-Rank and below, specially Taijutsu. Taijutsu gains +15 damage, main elemental affinity gains +20 damage, other elemental ninjutsu gain +10 damage and Genjutsu gains +10 damage.
Note: Sage Mode lasts for a total of 6 turns unless a clone is used
Note: This variation can only be used by custom bios with the Snake contract

Type: Offensive, Supplementary
Range: Short - Long
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: 60
Description: This technique allows the user to control things that have no life functions by gifting them with some of their own life force, allowing the user to freely manipulate the substance according to their will. The extent of the user's control goes beyond normal manipulation through chakra, meaning that even drastic alterations to the immediate environment can occur both suddenly and unexpectedly, making attacks using this method extremely difficult to avoid. Intense heat such as that produced by the flames of Amaterasu can counter the effects of this technique, causing affected inorganic materials to revert to their previous state.
Note: Effects of the technique last two turns and can only be used while on Snake Sage Mode.

This is the only technique for the Snake Sage Mode, so we'll learn it before your time in this state runs out. This technique is very potent, allowing you to impart a portion of your "life" force (done with your fine balance into Natural Energy) into the environment around you. Fairly useless in plain fields, this technique is fueled by creativity rather than strength. By donating your life force to nearby inanimate objects, you gain full control over them (looking at the , your degree of control is quite ridiculous). Different from techniques that manipulate nature with chakra, this has no limitations as elements do. You don't even have to follow normal restrictions of the environment or object (as seen, Kabuto was able to curve the earth as if it were some form of fabric, as well as grow stone spikes). You can cause the environment to change in linear movements (such as Kabuto did - just simple changes like the spikes coming closer and the roof and floor changing to get Itachi into position) so fast that even the Sharingan has difficulty keeping up (Itachi had time to create a Susano'o arm to protect Sasuke, but couldn't also form more of Susano'o to protect himself). This technique overall is great, and I personally would like to use it in a forest to get an army of Ents on my side.
Now, this technique has a few certain restrictions. First of all, you can't make things "fly" - magically levitating for no obvious reason. You also can't control anything that is living, which would include animals of all kind and humans. Plants are acceptable.
As for its weaknesses, powerful flames such as Amaterasu (given the rank it's been granted in the RP, I'd also say S-rank flame) can disrupt your energy and return the objects/environment to their normal state. But aside from that, weaknesses are a case-by-case system.

So, why don't you perform it, show me an example of how you'd use it (in your performance), and then ask any questions you have about this technique, or SSM in general

Feeling the senjutsu chakra flow thru his body and the physical transformation taking hold, Cobra takes a immediate control of himself and throws a fury of jabs, punches so fast they can hardly be seen followed by leeping upwards high into the air flipping backwards and landing. Cobra knew this was something different and needed to get used to, he could feel his new power coursing thru his body, he could feel the life around him more than ever now. After receiving the scroll from Korra, Cobra studied it intently. Life force was something he knew about all too well, so this one was gonna be a bit easier for him than entering Sage Mode was. Molding his chakra, he began to focus on his very own Life force energy. Using this I gift the ground below them with some of this life force energy, bringing it to life. thru my will alone, the ground begins to sway gently underneath both of them, not enough to knock them down, but like they were on the water out at sea. Cobra controls the whole area to raise and lower like the tides, before easing it back and returning the ground to it's previous state.

Seems simple enough.