Icelerate

Elite
Kin
37💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Many people, including me, think Kurenai was very under utilized compared to the other three jounin sensei, Kakashi, Gai and Asuma. The only jutsu she used was a genjutsu against Itachi and Kisame but she never showed other genjutsu techs or techs in general. Also, when Neji was about to kill Hinata during the Chuunin exams, there was a missed opportunity for Kurenai to be the one to stop Neji instead of having all the other jounins also intervene. This is similar to how and casually swatted away Gaara's sand as if it was nothing which goes to show that Gai in base is far stronger than the rookie genin.

Sure but it was all the jounins involved in that course of action which weakens her moment to save her beloved student compared to the .

Furthermore, when face after she finds out he attempted to kill Hinata, it has no pay off as she never interacts with Neji again which is a shame because it could be good for developing both their characters after Neji's redemption.

To give Kurenai more genjutsu feats to contrast her failure against Itachi, it'd be nice if Kurenai alone stopped Neji with a mere genjutsu. A Hyuuga with great chakra control being defeated instantly by a mere genjutsu would show just how strong Kurenai is to contrast Gai's feat against Gaara. This would also hype up Itachi's genjutsu prowess better when he owns Kurenai.

I could also talk about how in part two, she's pregnant the entire time and never gets to seek revenge for Asuma's death which could have given her great development.

Last edited:

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, what can be doed for it?

Perhaps she can get some old age showings in Boruto similar to the Sannin and Chiyo, Onoki in SPD?

Thinking about it, the nice thing about genjutsu is that it doesn't rely on physicality too much, similar to Puppet Techniques. That means its reasonable for her to have improved and be capable of some nice showings.

We'll see

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
She is a woman so she is automatically useless in Naruto
Kaguya says hi

Tsunade (who kept the Gokage alive and probably maintained world piece with her 2nd War contributions) sends her greetings, as do Ino, Hinata (who literally saved the whole world with their timely intervention on Obito) and Mei (whose diplomacy allowed the Mist to co-operate with other villages in the 4th War).

Reactions: Chikombo

roark

Regular
Kin
60💸
Kumi
33💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kaguya says hi

Tsunade (who kept the Gokage alive and probably maintained world piece with her 2nd War contributions) sends her greetings, as do Ino, Hinata (who literally saved the whole world with their timely intervention on Obito) and Mei (whose diplomacy allowed the Mist to co-operate with other villages in the 4th War).
The only ones who have plot relevance are Kaguya and Tsunade. Kaguya ia a plot device that came out of nowhere because Kishimoto didn't know how to kill Madara, she sucks narrative wise.
The others are just wasted potential

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The only ones who have plot relevance are Kaguya and Tsunade. Kaguya ia a plot device that came out of nowhere because Kishimoto didn't know how to kill Madara, she sucks narrative wise.
The others are just wasted potential
In contrast, even a smaller ratio of named males have plot relevance.

Basically, it matches either way that females aren't really under worked in Naruto

Icelerate

Elite
Kin
37💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In contrast, even a smaller ratio of named males have plot relevance.

Basically, it matches either way that females aren't really under worked in Naruto
Yes they are. There are far more plot relevant male characters in the series. Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi, Obito, Madara, Hashirama, Minato, Itachi, Hiruzen, Danzo, Ay, Onoki Gaara, Shikamaru, Orochimaru, Kabuto, Zetsu and Pain. The only characters on the same level of plot relevance or above that would be Sakura, Tsunade and Kaguya. But Sakura and Kaguya were both under utilized or poorly utilized even though you can make the same argument for some of the plot relevant male characters but that's besides the point. It's obvious male characters got far more focus than female ones and it is not random chance and luck.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes they are. There are far more plot relevant male characters in the series. Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi, Obito, Madara, Hashirama, Minato, Itachi, Hiruzen, Danzo, Ay, Onoki Gaara, Shikamaru, Orochimaru, Kabuto, Zetsu and Pain. The only characters on the same level of plot relevance or above that would be Sakura, Tsunade and Kaguya. But Sakura and Kaguya were both under utilized or poorly utilized even though you can make the same argument for some of the plot relevant male characters but that's besides the point. It's obvious male characters got far more focus than female ones and it is not random chance and luck.
i feel like i know u befor..

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In a world that tries to be somewhat realistic and focusses on combat, it's natural that there are more males.

Even then, the ratios speak for themselves.

Icelerate

Elite
Kin
37💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In a world that tries to be somewhat realistic and focusses on combat, it's natural that there are more males.

Even then, the ratios speak for themselves.
What do you mean by ratio. Tell that to Fire Emblem where the ratio is more balanced.
We shouldn't be too harsh on Kurenai. She faced the Itachi after all.
Hey Xlad, long time no see.

i feel like i know u befor..
I did used to post a lot on this website, especially in the VS section. I can recognize you too.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What do you mean by ratio. Tell that to Fire Emblem where the ratio is more balanced.

Hey Xlad, long time no see.

I did used to post a lot on this website, especially in the VS section. I can recognize you too.
Like, males partake in combat oriented careers more than females.

So in a complete world, with chefs and flower shops etc, most combatants will be male.

Dunno anything about that Fire Emblem. Like I said it's in a specific series like Naruto - which tries to be realistic even within it's own rules - that my point best applies.

Even so, the ratio of combatant females to relevant females is better than for males. Like, we can name tens of guy of which less than 10% of them are relevant to plot and even power level. On the other hand, of the handful of females who even have names, almost all of them are major characters and have made major contributions to plot. (I could go on with that point, but I'm sure I don't need to)