Son Wukong

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Posted this in Narutoforums, and I feel like this should be shared here as well.

Gohan : I get it. This makes the perfect place for a practice match.

Gohan : Show me your current power, Krillin san.

Gohan (Thinking to himself) : I want to know why Dad selected Krillin san.

Gohan : I'm sorry to test you.

Gohan : I'd like to know everyone's strength so I can work out a plan.

Gohan : The Krillin san's power that I know won't stand up in the Tournament of Power.

Important dialogues to take in consideration, because they indicate that Krillin's about to undergo a test/training session. During their fight, Gohan is surprised because Krillin inexplicably upgraded his solar flare, and how he used his destructo disk as a distraction. "Solar Flare x100" was so effective that it lead Krillin to the victory.

---------------------------------
Goku : I wanna try you too!

Gohan (To Goku): If you think you're going to far, I'll stop you.

NOTE : These dialogues are very crucial to consider since they indicate that Goku is going to hold back. By chance he gets carried away, he would be intervened.

18 : What about poor Krillin who will be shown how much weaker he is?!

Gohan : It's the Tournament of "Power", but such battles of the mind are also necessary.

NOTE : This is an important dialogue to consider because these brings out the theme of their fight, which is emphasizing techniques over raw power, that's exactly how a tournament is won.
-------------------------------
Conclusion
1.Gohan realized how terribly he underestimated Krillin.

2.This episode was meant to show that winning a fight strategically means more than just relying on brute strength to win. About the beam struggle - As you know, Gohan already warned Goku that he'd intervene in case Goku puts a lot of power behind his attacks. That should tell you that Goku was simply pretending to put a considerable amount of effort. But Goku got carried away and genuinely applied power behind his Kamehameha wave, which is why he was intervened by 18 before Gohan could, because she acknowledged that he would die. They also pointed out the abundant power difference multiple times prior Goku vs Krillin even started.

3.He transformed to SSB because its the pinnacle of Ki control, as stated by Goku himself. Furthermore, he's a pretentious idiot who loves showing off his arsenal.

4.Base Goku actually punched out a Universal attack. Base Vegeta compared SSJ 3 Gotenks's attacks to a "mere mosquito." Base Goku would be fighting Jiren for a brief while in the upcoming tournament and mind you Jiren is stronger than a god of destruction candidate, does Krillin somehow replicate all of this? - No. The assertion that Goku wasn't holding back in their fight is ergo preposterous. Krillin has gotten a lot stronger, but he's not comparable to Goku or even Gohan.

Kanino

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Only skimmed through it cause this is easy to understand, nobody should have trouble understanding this about Lord Krillin

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm very surprise how Krillin can managed a beam fight with SSB Goku like Goku is not entirely different level to him.

Its hard for me to read how author play with PL/Power in general. Or it just author think what is convenience to the plot.

Last edited:

Meowazziel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm very surprise how Krillin can managed a beam fight with SSB Goku like Goku is not entirely different level to him.

Its hard for me to read how author play with PL/Power in general. Or it just author think what is convenience to the plot.
I wouldnt call it that he managed though.
Krillin pushed back a little bit for a short moment.
Than Goku pushed some and as follows Krillin got overpowered by Goku zero dif.

Although it might have been better if he got overpowered right from the start or only managed to slow down Goku's Kamehameha for a bit. As that would be more realistic?

I actually do like that power lvls seem to matter less compared to dbz for example.
As it keeps weaker power lvl characters more relevant and I find strategy and techniques to be more interesting than raw power anyway.

InfiniteMugen

KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Who the hell thought he was anywhere near their level? Goku picked krillin precisely because he's crafty and it's not a one on one tourney. Besides, I'm pretty sure krillin is still the strongest human

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I wouldnt call it that he managed though.
Krillin pushed back a little bit for a short moment.
Than Goku pushed some and as follows Krillin got overpowered by Goku zero dif.

Although it might have been better if he got overpowered right from the start or only managed to slow down Goku's Kamehameha for a bit. As that would be more realistic?

I actually do like that power lvls seem to matter less compared to dbz for example.
As it keeps weaker power lvl characters more relevant and I find strategy and techniques to be more interesting than raw power anyway.
Yeah I'm mistaken :sweat:

Yeah for the second point. But maybe we can attribute it to PC(Power control)

The tricky part in playing with strategy in current DB is there is someone who achieve Godly universal level and other just earthly level or below that. So its hard to balance them or make their difference in PL less apparent.

And we will get a matches like in Beerus and Champa's tournament. Cutting here and there

Last edited:

Meowazziel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The tricky part to play with strategy in current DB is there is someone who achieve Godly universal level and other just earth level or below that. So its hard to balance them or make their difference in PL less apparent.
Power control could be right. SSJblue is known for its proper ki control after all. A part in going blue may even had to do with controlling power better to not insta kill Krillin? :p

Yeah true that difference is huge.

They need to make sure to be careful in how they approach this.