-The Agent-

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was just on yahoo and basically read that Kobe Bryant is being severely criticized for being in the recent Call of Duty Black Ops commercial. I don't understand how he could be singled out for the commercial when it promotes a game. Of course its not what real war is like, but honestly Call of Duty is just a game, and anybody who takes it that seriously shouldn't be playing the game at all.

How else are you supposed to advertise a first person shooter without showing violence via shooting and explosions? Now people are crying out wanting him to be punished (either suspension, or fine) just for a Video game commercial.

I think the commercial is awesome, and it actually made me want to buy Black Ops even more. I want to know your opinion how you feel about the situation.

Heres the Article
Here's the Commercial

~Rerrando~

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
thats dumb, its just freaking video game. they make it look bad when kobe does it, but the government using it as a way to train citizens to be soldiers its okay...NOT!!! those ppl are just stupid.

Revan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
the commercial isnt bad as a commercial, but in combination with cod's tendency to glorify war and that trailer making it look like child's play, it's debatable, especially considering that some of the people in the trailer were still pretty young. therefore the criticism on the commercial itself is justifiable.

On the other hand i think the real reason for this criticism is that someone popular makes advertise for an ego-shooter. It's just as simple as that, ego-shooter still arent seen in most countries as games but as something dangerous. which they absolutely arent if someone controls that not the youngest generation is playing them.

thats dumb, its just freaking video game. they make it look bad when kobe does it, but the government using it as a way to train citizens to be soldiers its okay...NOT!!! those ppl are just stupid.

that's the way America works, if nobody talks about it it's okay, if it's where nobody can look away it's critical. it was that way with Guantanamo, the non-existent mass-destruction-weapons of Iraq and with the thousands of civil victims in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Last edited:

-The Agent-

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
the commercial isnt bad as a commercial, but in combination with cod's tendency to glorify war and that trailer making it look like child's play, it's debatable, especially considering that some of the people in the trailer were still pretty young. therefore the criticism on the commercial itself is justifiable.

On the other hand i think the real reason for this criticism is that someone popular makes advertise for an ego-shooter. It's just as simple as that, ego-shooter still arent seen in most countries as games but as something dangerous. which they absolutely arent if someone controls that not the youngest generation is playing them.

that's the way America works, if nobody talks about it it's okay, if it's where nobody can look away it's critical. it was that way with Guantanamo, the non-existent mass-destruction-weapons of Iraq and with the thousands of civil victims in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Yeah I completely understand your point, but the fact they singled him out because he's an athlete and them wanting him to be punished by the NBA bothered me the most. I do think a lot of people know that its not what real war is like, but merely just a game. I also feel like since we are still at a pointless war that people tend to criticize it more also.

~Rerrando~

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah I completely understand your point, but the fact they singled him out because he's an athlete and them wanting him to be punished by the NBA bothered me the most. I do think a lot of people know that its not what real war is like, but merely just a game. I also feel like since we are still at a pointless war that people tend to criticize it more also.
thats not true, its a simulator as i already said. yea its a game in the sense that you can come back to life and kill the guy that just killed you but you take that away its the perfect war simulator. The call of duty games make ppl want to join the army cause they thinks its cool and itll be just like the game, they think they'll be sent out and have to kill a few ppl and thats it. If you ever played MGS4 (Metal Gear Solid 4) then you'd see that in that game it'll will actually tell the purpose of these war games, cause it talks about itself. But still the game are awesome, and everybody is stupid for tryin to get Kobe about the commercial xd

Atrocitus

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Honestly it's ****ing America U_U. I remember walking down an American main road, and there were guys advertising a gun club, when me and my cousins walked past one of them he goes:

Advertiser: Are any of you guys over 21?

Us: No

Advertiser: Well that greats you can join this *hands pamphlet*.

>_> bloody hypocrite Americans.

Sinister

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Imo its just a commercial for a game nothing more, honestly i thought he was being critisized cus he used a noobtube but it turns out to be more than that? I think celebs or athletes are held up to a standard, when they themselves are people. no offence but when i get a kill on CoD i smile >_> is that so bad?

-The Agent-

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
thats not true, its a simulator as i already said. yea its a game in the sense that you can come back to life and kill the guy that just killed you but you take that away its the perfect war simulator. The call of duty games make ppl want to join the army cause they thinks its cool and itll be just like the game, they think they'll be sent out and have to kill a few ppl and thats it. If you ever played MGS4 (Metal Gear Solid 4) then you'd see that in that game it'll will actually tell the purpose of these war games, cause it talks about itself. But still the game are awesome, and everybody is stupid for tryin to get Kobe about the commercial xd
I understand and agree with what you said.

Honestly it's ****ing America U_U. I remember walking down an American main road, and there were guys advertising a gun club, when me and my cousins walked past one of them he goes:

Advertiser: Are any of you guys over 21?

Us: No

Advertiser: Well that greats you can join this *hands pamphlet*.

>_> bloody hypocrite Americans.
Yeah we are hypocrites we promote violence in almost everything yet when commercial comes out its all of a sudden a problem if theres a commercial for a game.

Imo its just a commercial for a game nothing more, honestly i thought he was being critisized cus he used a noobtube but it turns out to be more than that? I think celebs or athletes are held up to a standard, when they themselves are people. no offence but when i get a kill on CoD i smile >_> is that so bad?
Lol I thought I was the only person who noticed that Kobe was a noob tuber... and yeah I agree with you but is it gotten so bad that they can't even support a war reenacting game? Absolutely crazy

Scary Yamato

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
that's lame. He's an adult, he can promote a game made for adults. The responsibility lies with the parents when it comes to kids and videogames. If a game is rated mature, don't let your 10 year old play it! I believe that some people can be influenced by games, but these are the type of people that would be influenced anyway whether it be a game or a movie or a television show.

Typhon

Legendary
Kin
664💸
Kumi
6,684💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why is it a shock that a strongly anti-gun and anti-violence youth football coach criticized Kobe's involvement in the commercial? People are allowed to have opinions, and thats his opinion. America is a country with a wide array of people who all have varying opinions. On every topic you're going to find people who are against it and people who are for it. Does that make America "hypocritical"? Absolutely not. Its stupid to think an entire country of millions of people should share the same views.

Now if those people handing out gun club pamphlets were outraged by the appearance, then yes, they're hypocrites. But to label an entire country as hypocrites because some people share different views is nothing short of idiocy.

****ing New Zealand U_U.

Last edited:
Reactions: The True Toad Sage

Black Adam

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think the bigger issue is why is there a new COD game released every freakin 6 months seriously you pick up one title and everyone has moved on to another one a week later it's annoying mark my words before next year is over there will be atleast 2 more CODs released, sorry to veer completely off subject.