Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Today we have two examples that show different illustrator can draw like the original illustrator,

1. Toyotaro-Dragon Ball.
  2. Atsuo Ueda-Fairy Tail
So the question here, is it really hard to replicate Kishimoto's drawing style? Why Ikemoto chose to change the art style when other illustrators from a different manga tried their best preserving the original art style?

Think what would be people's reaction if Ikemoto draw One Piece.

Last edited:

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Dude, Ikemoto’s always been a rather shitty artist and Kishimoto’s style isn’t hard to replicate either. Fan artists do it all the time, it’s just that Ikemoto was ignorantly given the freedom to draw in his own style.

One Piece thrives on shitty character design so I don’t want to image how he could butcher those characters.

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Dude, Ikemoto’s always been a rather shitty artist and Kishimoto’s style isn’t hard to replicate either. Fan artists do it all the time, it’s just that Ikemoto was ignorantly given the freedom to draw in his own style.

One Piece thrives on shitty character design so I don’t want to image how he could butcher those characters.
I agreed

Reactions: Animegoin

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I actually like Ike's style. Imo, the uglier things he draws mostly arises because he's trying to stick to Kishi's designs. Two examples being how trash Adult Naruto and Gaara look. If you check out chapter 700, you can see that the two pretty much have the same design but Ike simply made their hair and eyes more natural(like he's done with Sasuke). Then there's stuff like chibi-faced Sarada, Boruto, and Mitsuki. Ike doesn't even seem like he enjoys chibis, they're probably just the result of him trying to stick to how Kishi drew the younger characters(look at chapter 700).

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I actually like Ike's style. Imo, the uglier things he draws mostly arises because he's trying to stick to Kishi's designs. Two examples being how trash Adult Naruto and Gaara look. If you check out chapter 700, you can see that the two pretty much have the same design but Ike simply made their hair and eyes more natural(like he's done with Sasuke). Then there's stuff like chibi-faced Sarada, Boruto, and Mitsuki. Ike doesn't even seem like he enjoys chibis, they're probably just the result of him trying to stick to how Kishi drew the younger characters(look at chapter 700).
Lol no amount of his art looked like Kishi's art. He never tried to stick with Kishimoto's style since the beginning. Since the first chapter of Boruto all the drawing looked different than Kishimoto. He just took the same base design but changing it to a degree to fit his style. And what he did after that and forward was improving and polishing his own style. Some getting good especially the main characters but the others looking like an alien/"foreign". Gaara and Naruto looked similar doesn't make Kishimoto's art a trash. It just Kishimoto becoming less imaginative. Or he was putting little effort in his final days with Naruto series.

And Next Generation design under Kishimoto is better than under Ike and I can find 1000 foreigners and 1000 Japanese that would agree with me.
Post automatically merged:

Kishimoto drawing looked sharp while Ike likes his drawing looked natural like you said so he used less straight line in his drawing

Last edited:
Reactions: Animegoin

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lol no amount of his art looked like Kishi's art. He never tried to stick with Kishimoto's style since the beginning. Since the first chapter of Boruto all the drawing looked different than Kishimoto. He just took the same base design but changing it to a degree to fit his style. And what he did after that and forward was improving and polishing his own style. Some getting good especially the main characters but the others looking like an alien/"foreign". Gaara and Naruto looked similar doesn't make Kishimoto's art a trash. It just Kishimoto becoming less imaginative. Or he was putting little effort in his final days with Naruto series.

And Next Generation design under Kishimoto is better than under Ike and I can find 1000 foreigners and 1000 Japanese that would agree with me.
Post automatically merged:

Kishimoto drawing looked sharp while Ike likes his drawing looked natural like you said so he used less straight line in his drawing
Facts

I disagree completely. Look at Sakura from Boruto chapter 38 and tell me that you like his design.