Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered to see images

Kingdom is Japanese senin manga written and illustrated by Yasuhisha Hara. The manga provides fictional account of warring state period in China.

War Orphan Xin/Shin in the kingdom of Qin dreams of becoming "Greatest General of the heaven" as the story is set during the time when unification of China begins.

Last edited:

Kamitsu

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
OOOO, always liked the series based on some historic events or something based on it and reminds of, but damn, this one is like the greatest I've read.

Reactions: Shanks

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
OOOO, always liked the series based on some historic events or something based on it and reminds of, but damn, this one is like the greatest I've read.
One of the best series ever i couldnt stop reading , the battlescene fight. Also who doesnt like bestly Kanki . He is my fav character in entire series.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I know, people were always talking bout AoT or Tokyo Ghoul and I'm just here like have you read Kingdom?

Yeah them fools about to go SSJ lol. Who you think will get the big kill Ou Hon or Shin?
Def Shin he will fight Gyu commander soon. I def think OuSan has pretty strategy atm to take down the fortress.

I am actually waiting for kankis part to start . He is just supreme badass.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Def Shin he will fight Gyu commander soon. I def think OuSan has pretty strategy atm to take down the fortress.

I am actually waiting for kankis part to start . He is just supreme badass.
Kanki's such a twisted character lol. Oh the villain in that story you're reading is such a bad guy, did he ever make a bridge out of the corpses of civilians to give to his opponent to break their spirit? Because that's what one of the supporting cast of the MC just did in Kingdom, and he's technically one of the good guys lol.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Kanki's such a twisted character lol. Oh the villain in that story you're reading is such a bad guy, did he ever make a bridge out of the corpses of civilians to give to his opponent to break their spirit? Because that's what one of the supporting cast of the MC just did in Kingdom, and he's technically one of the good guys lol.
Kanki knew the battalion would lose to Kisui either way (Though its possible he underrated Xin's abilities since he outwitted Keisha ) . Kisui was pretty much attached to his people after seeing the civilian corpse it broke his spirit . Whatever Kanki did was evil he had reasons the innocent villagers probably had people spies with Zhou but what kanki does is what happens in war , There are no good or bad guys in this manga its all about personal glory and sacrifice .

Kanki vs Ri boku will surely happen in future both are good in mental warfare , that will really test the limits what kanki will do against him !

@Caliburn is it possible to get kingdom above in sticky thread for manga section ?

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kanki knew the battalion would lose to Kisui either way (Though its possible he underrated Xin's abilities since he outwitted Keisha ) . Kisui was pretty much attached to his people after seeing the civilian corpse it broke his spirit . Whatever Kanki did was evil he had reasons the innocent villagers probably had people spies with Zhou but what kanki does is what happens in war , There are no good or bad guys in this manga its all about personal glory and sacrifice .

Kanki vs Ri boku will surely happen in future both are good in mental warfare , that will really test the limits what kanki will do against him !

@Caliburn is it possible to get kingdom above in sticky thread for manga section ?
Sorry, but I'm not really planning on starting to sticky every general discussion thread. Especially now with the cleaning event as one of the primary goals is cleaning out all the stickies.

And honestly at this point I also don't think it's needed. If you regularly make posts here, it shouldn't be too hard to keep it at the top of the forum.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sorry, but I'm not really planning on starting to sticky every general discussion thread. Especially now with the cleaning event as one of the primary goals is cleaning out all the stickies.

And honestly at this point I also don't think it's needed. If you regularly make posts here, it shouldn't be too hard to keep it at the top of the forum.
Thanks

Askeladd

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
10💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
A solid manga overall with one of the best arc in entire fiction (Coalition arc) Marineford is legit trash compared to this. It's not without flaws though, personally I've been reading Kingdom since 2013 and it was the hypest shit ever but it started going downhill ages ago, its like any good series with popularity comes the pandering to the masses, editors gaining too much influence etc, same shit happened to Tokyo Ghoul. It's still top tier though, hoping it's gonna reach once again it's former greatness in the future.

Brauh i am surprised , kingdom is always underrated as hell.

Have you read latest chapter btw ?
Kingdom isn't underrated, people always rate Kingdom very high from what I've seen. It's just unpopular (western-wise) compared to manga such as Black Clover/MHA/etc. Thanks to Studio Pierrot for ruining the only chance Kingdom has gotten to get popular outside of Japan.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,639💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
China you say? Too bad it's not about the Three Kingdoms Era, otherwise I might have checked it, lol. But the Kingdom of Qin's period is kind of famous too if it's the same as I'm thinking. Still waiting for something good on the Sengoku Jidai, the Warring States period of Japan though, too little out there on that except for games and such.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
China you say? Too bad it's not about the Three Kingdoms Era, otherwise I might have checked it, lol. But the Kingdom of Qin's period is kind of famous too if it's the same as I'm thinking. Still waiting for something good on the Sengoku Jidai, the Warring States period of Japan though, too little out there on that except for games and such.
I really dont know much about history of China . The Qin kingdom were actally first kingdom to unify china under them its based on real life story but has few fictional settings has been based on Manga .

For japanese warring period you should try Vagabond one of the best series ever made . Inoue is one of my fav mangaka !! ( those who loved Slam Dunk series will know ).

Askeladd

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
10💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Just read Ravages of Time if you want story based on the Three Kingdoms Era, it's top tier and probably one of the best I've ever read.

Reactions: Michael92

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,639💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really dont know much about history of China . The Qin kingdom were actally first kingdom to unify china under them its based on real life story but has few fictional settings has been based on Manga .

For japanese warring period you should try Vagabond one of the best series ever made . Inoue is one of my fav mangaka !! ( those who loved Slam Dunk series will know ).
I started out by playing Dynasty Warriors and the Samurai Warrios by Koei, got me hooked on those time periodes. After that I deeply invested myself in the Three Kingdoms era, but never truly found a complete piece on the Warring States Periode of Japan since as I heard, there isn't one, just small pieces here and there from the history. Intrigued me enough to check out some Sengoku Musou anime and also considered the Sengoku Bassara (probably butchered the name) for the longest time. If you want to learn more about the Dynasties of China, you should check out the Story of China documentary by Michael Wood. Bought and watched through it earlier this year.

Yeah hear of it, but never got around to checking it out.

Just read Ravages of Time if you want story based on the Three Kingdoms Era, it's top tier and probably one of the best I've ever read.
Interesting, I might do that! :cool:

Reactions: Shanks and Askeladd

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I started out by playing Dynasty Warriors and the Samurai Warrios by Koei, got me hooked on those time periodes. After that I deeply invested myself in the Three Kingdoms era, but never truly found a complete piece on the Warring States Periode of Japan since as I heard, there isn't one, just small pieces here and there from the history. Intrigued me enough to check out some Sengoku Musou anime and also considered the Sengoku Bassara (probably butchered the name) for the longest time. If you want to learn more about the Dynasties of China, you should check out the Story of China documentary by Michael Wood. Bought and watched through it earlier this year.

Yeah hear of it, but never got around to checking it out.

Interesting, I might do that! :cool:
Same here. Dynasty Warriors 3 then I learned about Samruai Warriors. Bought a copy of Romance of the Three Kingdoms a few years ago since the games seemed like they were getting deeper.

Sengoku Basara was fun, there's games and movies, but a much more liberal telling.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,639💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Same here. Dynasty Warriors 3 then I learned about Samruai Warriors. Bought a copy of Romance of the Three Kingdoms a few years ago since the games seemed like they were getting deeper.

Sengoku Basara was fun, there's games and movies, but a much more liberal telling.
Dynasty Warriors 2 here :p Then SW1 later on.
Indeed! I did too after playing through DW4, kind of hard to read though so I ditched buying volume 2 and went ahead and bought the 4 volumes Three Kingdoms edition translated by Moss Roberts instead . Never regretted it.

Yeah I can get that. Settled with the Sengoku Musou though since it was based/made from the same inspiration/art style of the latest Samurai Warriors I believe. Don't quote me on that though, lol, but at least the characters looks closer to that than in Basara I heard/saw.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Dynasty Warriors 2 here :p Then SW1 later on.
Indeed! I did too after playing through DW4, kind of hard to read though so I ditched buying volume 2 and went ahead and bought the 4 volumes Three Kingdoms edition translated by Moss Roberts instead . Never regretted it.

Yeah I can get that. Settled with the Sengoku Musou though since it was based/made from the same inspiration/art style of the latest Samurai Warriors I believe. Don't quote me on that though, lol, but at least the characters looks closer to that than in Basara I heard/saw.
Try for Kingdom as well i think this will give you idea of factional war happens within the empire as well . Kingdom is not only a War manga but more of history , politics . I like the politics in the manga is greatly done , everyone are suspicious of each other within the empire who is the true allegiance to the king .

Reactions: Michael92