Desiigner

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You think I should wait for KH 1.5 & 2.5 to drop or just buy 2.8 which just came out? Heard it's very short that's why I'm not sure

also I'm not too deep into the story. Played the games as a kid but don't really remember anything.
Recently played 358/2 days though and it was a lot of fun.

Last edited:

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
2.8 comes with a port of Dream Drop Distance (the game that came out on 3DS), a brand new prologue to Kingdom Hearts 3 (thats the one thats very short) as well as a cinematic movie (not sure how long it is or where it takes place on the timeline). In my opinion, it's not worth full price for one full game, a demo of sorts, and a movie. I would personally wait until it hits the $30-40 range.

Now in your case, if you haven't played any of the games in a long time, then you must absolutely wait until March for the 1.5+2.5 collection. It's only going to sell for $50 and includes every single game up to the 2.8 game. That's 1.5 (basically the directors cut of KH 1), Chain of Memories (it was a gameboy title that they ported, the gameplay takes some time to get used to and not everyone loves it but it is crucial to the story so play it), the cinematics from another handheld, 2.5 (the directors cut of KH 2), another handheld spin off port, and another cinematic port of the final spin off. All that for $50, even if you have played them that is a steal.

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
All 3 games are bundles(2 games now)

1.5 HD Remix= Kingdom hearts 1 , Kingdom hearts chain of memories, Movie ver of kingdom hearts 358/2
2.5 HD Remix= Kingdom hearts 2, kingdom hearts Birth by sleep, Movie version of kingdom hearts coded

2.8 HD Remix= Kingdom hearts Dream drop distance, Kingdom hearts 0.2 fragment, Movie ver Kingdom hearts x

If its purely a bang for your buck then wait for the 1.5+2.5 collection. Its 4 full games(KH:BBS; KH1; KH:CoM; KH2) and 2 movies (KH:358/2; KH:Coded)

Last edited:

Desiigner

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
2.8 comes with a port of Dream Drop Distance (the game that came out on 3DS), a brand new prologue to Kingdom Hearts 3 (thats the one thats very short) as well as a cinematic movie (not sure how long it is or where it takes place on the timeline). In my opinion, it's not worth full price for one full game, a demo of sorts, and a movie. I would personally wait until it hits the $30-40 range.

Now in your case, if you haven't played any of the games in a long time, then you must absolutely wait until March for the 1.5+2.5 collection. It's only going to sell for $50 and includes every single game up to the 2.8 game. That's 1.5 (basically the directors cut of KH 1), Chain of Memories (it was a gameboy title that they ported, the gameplay takes some time to get used to and not everyone loves it but it is crucial to the story so play it), the cinematics from another handheld, 2.5 (the directors cut of KH 2), another handheld spin off port, and another cinematic port of the final spin off. All that for $50, even if you have played them that is a steal.
All 3 games are bundles(2 games now)

1.5 HD Remix= Kingdom hearts 1 , Kingdom hearts chain of memories, Movie ver of kingdom hearts 358/2
2.5 HD Remix= Kingdom hearts 2, kingdom hearts Birth by sleep, Movie version of kingdom hearts coded

2.8 HD Remix= Kingdom hearts Dream drop distance, Kingdom hearts 0.2 fragment, Movie ver Kingdom hearts x

If its purely a bang for your buck then wait for the 1.5+2.5 collection. Its 4 full games(KH:BBS; KH1; KH:CoM; KH2) and 2 movies (KH:358/2; KH:Coded)

Ah, I see. Tyvm.
I'll wait for the game in March then and after I've finished it I'll buy 2.8.

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'd wait until Kh 2.8 drops in price. It's no worth 60 bucks but I recommend buying it evantually. If you haven't played much KH for a long time then I'd definitely buy the remix pack. It has 4 KH games in it at 60fps/1080p.

KcMSean

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I got 2.8, and boy the 0.2 demo was awesome. Loved the updated gameplay and visuals, it felt incredibly fluid. It really gives me hope that as long as they can wrap this up well, Kingdom Hearts 3 will be incredible.
If you're itching for some Kingdom Hearts, go for it if youve got the spare cash. Wouldnt really say its worth 60 dollars, but I'm definitely enjoying it. And will be buying 1.5+2.5 when that releases.

Edit: didnt see you dont remember much from the story. Id definitely wait then so you can play it all in order because it gets pretty confusing at times. Maybe they will have a bundle deal when 1.5+2.5 comes out.

Last edited:

Shiroyasha

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You should definitely wait for 1.5 + 2.5. 4 games and 2 HD cinematics for the price of one? That's a steal imo. I'm literally counting the days till it launches, as i'm getting it day one. I mean don't get me wrong, 2.8 seems good. But 0.2 is the only thing i'm interested in. 3D doesn't look interesting to me.