Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I have come to believe this, that atheists' act of ruining religion is actually paving the way for immorality.

The reason I believe this is because atheists use facts and logic, these weapons destroy anything in their path.

Reasoning kills God.

HOWEVER. There is one thing that cannot be defeated - the Devil.

Nobody for our entire existence has ever lived in a utopia.

This means evil has always existed in some shape or form.

But people don't want evil, people fight evil, even if they have different opinions of what that is, I think at least the majority of people fight some kind of evil, be it personal or altruistic, whatever.

Despite people not wanting evil, evil has always existed.

Meaning evil can never be defeated, only tolerated and hidden.

Meaning when atheists kill God, they don't kill evil, meaning evil is allowed under the rule of pure atheism.

Reactions: salamander uchiha

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
While not as stable as a religious morality, atheists can still uphold what they think is right. If the laws are firm at least then I don't see why it matters whether they're driven by a belief in God or through some sort of reasoning.
I think we are unable to see outside the box, we only care about present danger like being shamed for something.

Big rationality lies behind evil like mass murder of Uchihas.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree, without God there is nothing to look back at the source of morality. Anybody could argue their view is morality, like certain groups practised eugenics against popluations. They weren't considered worthy enough to pass on their genes, so let's say they want to stop disabled or deficient people finding love, they will castrate them or something. It would be seen as benefiting society and have no burden on the taxpayer. You could even go to the opposite extreme by arguing consenting people can do whatever they like, like have relations with their kids, hunt each other etc.

There is no real uniform standard of ethics, morality or right in an atheistic world. The societs held an atheistic and an "equality" based world view and they killed tens of millions, stripped others of everything they own etc, anybody who questioned the world view ended up in camps or gulags. They even went on rapefests, since the conciseness was no longer accountable to God. Evil grows and festers under different names, as the ultimate arbiter of right and wrong is no longer part of the equation.

You're right a utopia can't really exist without God, evil will spread. I will say even with God you can only get close to perfect. However, as human beings we are prone to error, so won't ever have an absolute utopia.

Reactions: Chikombo

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I agree, without God there is nothing to look back at the source of morality. Anybody could argue their view is morality, like certain groups practised eugenics against popluations. They weren't considered worthy enough to pass on their genes, so let's say they want to stop disabled or deficient people finding love, they will castrate them or something. It would be seen as benefiting society and have no burden on the taxpayer. You could even go to the opposite extreme by arguing consenting people can do whatever they like, like have relations with their kids, hunt each other etc.

There is no real uniform standard of ethics, morality or right in an atheistic world. The societs held an atheistic and an "equality" based world view and they killed tens of millions, stripped others of everything they own etc, anybody who questioned the world view ended up in camps or gulags. They even went on rapefests, since the conciseness was no longer accountable to God. Evil grows and festers under different names, as the ultimate arbiter of right and wrong is no longer part of the equation.

You're right a utopia can't really exist without God, evil will spread. I will say even with God you can only get close to perfect. However, as human beings we are prone to error, so won't ever have an absolute utopia.
Yes, cold logic enables horrible things, like for example the Armenian Genocide, they killed people because they feared a rebellion, so they had a motivation if logic is something you constantly adapt after you are bound to eventually defeat your own principles and succumb to bad ideas.

Reactions: salamander uchiha

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes, cold logic enables horrible things, like for example the Armenian Genocide, they killed people because they feared a rebellion, so they had a motivation if logic is something you constantly adapt after you are bound to eventually defeat your own principles and succumb to bad ideas.
Yes, and did you know the young Turks were liberals (separation of state and religion). Although, the Armenians were helping the Russian Empire advance into the Caucuses. Then to preempt any separatist movements in Turkey, they genocided them. Then you have the 1 million + Algerian murdered by France because they wanted the occupation to end, while France didn't want to lose territory. Now you have the Chinese ethnic cleansing and genociding the Uighurs, organ harvesting, using slave labour, and even raping their women, they're also doing the same to the Tibetians, both occupied by the Chinese empire (called China today).

They're using cold hard logic each time.

• Wow
Reactions: Chikombo

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I will entertain the idea that God is real and alive. Realizing that is true, the fact that your God can die, says a lot about God as an omnipotent being. In essence, the God we thought was so complex has been reduced to homo sapien: he is one of us. I don't think anyone can come to terms with that. I believe, knowing God can die will reinforce that logic and reason are needed in the world.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
How can one kill something which was not born and living in the first place?

Reasoning can only kill your personal idea of what God is and should be.
God is Santa Claus.
Post automatically merged:

I will entertain the idea that God is real and alive. Realizing that is true, the fact that your God can die, says a lot about God as an omnipotent being. In essence, the God we thought was so complex has been reduced to homo sapien: he is one of us. I don't think anyone can come to terms with that. I believe, knowing God can die will reinforce that logic and reason are needed in the world.
No I mean metaphorically.
The idea of God became irrelevant when for example Darwin published his theory.

Last edited: