...killed several Shia Muslims...

Furtuna

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nigerian military forces have killed several Shia Muslims who had gathered to attend a religious ceremony north of the country.

Local media said on Saturday that at least seven people were killed after clashes erupted between the Nigerian army and Shia Muslims in the city of Zaria, Kaduna State.
Reports said soldiers opened fire on the people in Hussainiyyah Baqeeyatullah, a religious center belonging to the Islamic Movement of Nigeria. The Shias had reportedly stopped the convoy of the Nigeria’s Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusuf Buratai as the leader of the Shia movement in Nigeria, Ayatollah Ibrahim Zakzaky, was planning a speech in the religious center.
According to the eyewitnesses, the area was cordoned off with security forces reported to have a heavy presence there.

Nigerian army had also targeted Shias in August last year as people were holding a demonstration to condemn Israeli attacks on the Palestinians.

Shias in Zaria, one of the major Shia-dominated cities of Nigeria, have become angry over the past weeks at a surge in attacks on the members of their community, demanding the government in Abuja to do more to protect the religious gatherings of the Shias in the country.

More than 20 people were killed on November 27 in a bomb attack targeting Nigerian Shia Muslims during an annual religious procession in the northern state of Kano. The Takfiri group Boko Haram, which has killed thousands of people in Nigeria and neighboring countries over the past six years, claimed the attacks.

Marin

Veteran
Kin
306💸
Kumi
2,001💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Lol Nice fanfic

Why didnt the west cover about the suicide attacks in lebenon? And that was 2 days before the paris isis attacks

Why was there no #prayforlebenon hashtag?

Wich news are we talking about? And ofcourse they're going to cover more about stuff that happened in "their part of the world" in wich such a thing hasn't been heard of before, than tragedies wich occur daily in countries caught by war.

To put it simply, I'll quote a sad but true statement:

"The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic."

paratise

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The anti-Shia sentiments and violance should be taken more seriously in Muslim majority countries. Shia Muslims are the ones who get persecuted and i am yet to see a big political name who attempted to make a bold and open move against this oppression and violence. But nah, they bring up sect minorities only to mention how good and well everyone supposedely gets along, and that is if they acknowledge these people's existence at all.

Natsu Shazneel

Banned
Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hope is not on my dictionary. People seek blood.
People seek blood only for donations. What people really seek is hope. The dictionary does not provide such a thing. Only humans do. If we make people listen to Donald Trump's speeches we could make them reunite as one. Cause what the world needs is a dictator they can hate. Donald is our man!

Dark Sonic

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Majority of the Muslims scholars (Not all!) didn't fulfill their job rightfully instead of this, they always try to divide Muslims based on their belief of different branches of Islam.They are responsible for these type of chaos
You're right on that. If I can recall good, I think this all started after the Prophet (SAWS) passed away. Something about who should lead the Muslims.