Sanguis

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just to warn you this may spoil the series for you if you haven't watched it.

>
>

Awhile back I made a post stating the reason I enjoyed watching TTGL so much and someone responded saying "if you like TTGL then you should watch Kill la Kill". I had already watched a few episodes in the past and I couldn't get hooked nor could I see the relation of Gurren Lagann whatsoever, I told him this and he responded with "I didn't watch enough episodes". Rather than make another ignorant response I decided to go and see if my opinion held weight and made a promise to myself I would finish watching Kill la kill.

So..

Yeah...

I finished watching it, I enjoyed it but...

It was nothing like TTGL, however this is the thing nor was the series trying to be like it whatsoever. Well a lot of the old anime fans who experienced anime like Cowboy Bebop and Trigun in their prime say that anime is starting to lose its creative touch and the age of anime is coming to an end! All we get now is anime about school life, fan service or the same shitty plot twists shonen anime keep throwing out, and Trigger responded with "LOL no? Here's Kill la Kill have fun".

Kill la Kill is an art piece of the anime world. It practically took all this uncreative same old shit that is flooding anime today, mashed it together and produced a series, WTF sounds a terrible mess right? WRONG, this is the catch it uses these tropes as part of the plot; Revenging plot? used for a much bigger plot that has nothing to do with revenge, uniforms and school system/hierarchy? part of the plot, shitty annoying comic relief characters? part of the plot, fan service? part of the plot. To top it off it has a female lead that can hold her own and is actually likeable as a character! Holy shit!

Overall the series is amazing for how it used all this uncreative material and made it creative (guess you can make use of garbage). But back to original point sure it has a few references of TTGL but you can't compare it "oh but the fights are comparable" the fights were good, to me they were as thrilling as Naruto vs Pain or Ichigo vs Azien but they couldn't hold a candle to the epicness of Gurren Lagann fights (that's just my opinion don't take it personal). In fact I don't think you can compare Kill la Kill to anything because it has a bit of everything in it.

Last edited:

The Dreamer

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kill la Kill was awesome at the beginning but now it's just retarded. I mean every character is walking around naked and doesn't show the slightest shame they did when they were beaten in the beginning. Also the whole boots and no pants thing is just retarded.

ArabianLuffy

Elite
Kin
152💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Perhaps both animes share same art-style, but I'm pretty sure the story is totally different. I mean the direction both anime took. Take in consideration few elements been used. I haven't watched Kill la Kill yet.

Sabuto Hayashi

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree. Despite the fact both series are done by essentially the same people, I found that Gurren Lagann seems to have much more heart and soul to it.

Kill la Kill is entertaining to watch, but it didn't leave me with feeling inspired and genuinely interested in the characters like Gurren Lagann did.

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It was an awesome anime Kill la kill , I've never seen the other one & don't plan to , but comparing two anime is one of the biggest mistakes one can do , they're different stories ...you'll only end up not enjoying it .

hamer34

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Personally i prefer KLK but that is because it's apples and oranges
As strange as it might seem it's like comparing DB with DBZ both shows set out to achieve diferent things but in the case of DBZ and DBGT they are very simmilar and DBZ is usualy cinsidered the better out of the two because it does what it does best
If that makes ant scence