Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*Appears on the training ground*

''Well hello there. I am Akasha of Katsuryoku and I am here as to teach you Sword Arts if I reckon correctly. However before we continue on with this training could you tell me a little bit about yourself? Your dreams and your goals?''

Barbarossa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hello there sensei :)

Well for now my goals are to complete all the basic training I can and then I would like to get a Hoshigaki Kisame's bio (because he is one of my favorite characters). But my long term goals are to become a sensei and to be the first person who acquired a MS for Uchiha Shisui's bio.

Last edited:

Akasha

Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
''Oh, those are quite nice goals of yours. Teaching can be pretty fun I must admit. Kinda makes you become closer to new people of role play or well at least that is how I always looked at. Although of course from time to time it can be quite tiresome as it requires time and work but well if you really do like you should go for it. Also you planing on going for senpai or sensai immediately? And yeah, it would be nice to see someone who can rock MS Shishou bio!

Now, could you tell me something you know about Kenjutsu, or well Sword Arts? Also do you have a sword of your own or would you like me to give you one?''

Barbarossa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well I was thinking after I get all the training done,to become someone's senpai first, so I could gain some exp and finish one group of students at least. And thanks for the kind words :)

Kenjutsu is a tehnique which is based on sword using. Also kenjutsu can be combined with taijutsu,ninjutsu,genjutsu and chakra flows so the user can create even more devastating attacks (when kenjutsu is combined with some other tehnique,then it's called bukijutsu).
Besides shinobi,samurai from the Land of the Iron are especially profound on this type of combat.

Last edited:

Akasha

Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I got to be honest with you, I always looked at sword arts as a way of fighting of true warriors; standing eye to eye with your opponent and fighting with only aid of a single tool. But other then that, kenjutsu or sword arts, as you said it yourself are technique that are based upon sword usage. Kenjutsu is, one could say an addition on taijutsu. Both are connected with body arts however with taijutsu it is without any tools as to add onto the attacks, whereas with kenjutsu we have utilisation of a sword as to make our attacks more powerful as well as deadly. Swords on their own are already deadly because of their shaprness, however with addition of chakra onto them we are taking them on the next level with kenjutsu. Although, keep in mind that not every jutsu on the list actually needs infusion of chakra into the sword as to make an attack but falls under kenjutsu.

So the next thing that we are going to cover is actually difference between a one-handed and two-handed attack. So what can you tell me about the two?

Barbarossa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thanks for the tips sensei!

Well one handed attack is slower and less powerful than the two handed attack. But because you only maneuver with one sword,attacks are faster and you can do a combo of multiple attacks in a row.

So the two handed attacks should be the exact opposite. They are faster and more powerful than one handed attacks,but they are less maneuverable,and it's really hard to deliver multiple slashes.

Akasha

Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wait, wait, wait <.<'' I am not quite sure what you wanted to say as you are contradicting yourself. Firstly you say that one handed attacks are slower and less powerful and in next sentence you say they are faster. So, which one is it?

Barbarossa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I clearly wasn't thinking while I wrote that -___-

One handed attack is faster but less powerful than the two handed attack. But because you only maneuver with one sword,attacks are faster and you can do a combo of multiple attacks in a row in a longer range . Also with one handed kenjutsu blocks and attacks are more versatile

So the two handed attacks should be the exact opposite. They are slower and more powerful than one handed attacks,but they are less maneuverable,and it's really hard to deliver multiple slashes. They are performed in a shorter range than the one handed kenjutsu and they have much fewer options in blocking and attacking.

Akasha

Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You can't really effect the range <.<'' However you are correct. One handed attacks are faster as well as more maneuverable but less powerful. On the other hand we have two handed attacks who are less maneuverable as well as slower but rather more powerful.

*Throws you a sword*

Now what I need for you to do is actually try and make some movement with that sword. Try making firstly some vertical slashes, then horizontal, follow it with a stab or a thrust and in the end do a diagonal slash. Well it is up to you in which order you are going to do them, however I need to see how you maneuver with the sword!

*Creates a clone*

Reactions: Barbarossa

Barbarossa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
When I recieved the sword I started spining it through my fingers so I could get used to the weight of it and the sword itself. When I was ready,I approached the clone who was standing still the whole time. I raised my sword high above my head,and then I quickly swang it verticaly towards the tip of the clone's head. The sword sliced the clones head with absolutely no difficuty. Then as quickly as possible I withdrew the sword from his head and proceeded with a horizontal cut. I spreaded out my right hand with which I was holding the sword towards my right,and then with great velocity I launched the sword towards his torso. This attack completely sliced him in half,after which he disappeared in a puff of smoke.

My sensei immediately created another clone. When I spotted my new target I quickly dashed towards him. While I was advancing towards him I steached out my right hand with the sword in it.When I reached the the clone I performed a thrust with my sword and pierced the clone through his heart. Then I withdrew the sword from his body,raised it high above my head,and then performed a diagonal cut. With all those wounds,clone disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Sorry I coudn't reply sooner,I was really occupied with studying.
And by the way I love your new avatar,we match up now :)

Last edited:

Barbarossa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okey. This is how I would counter such attacks.

Horizontal: Against a horizontal attack,I would position my sword vertically. The tip of the sword would be upwards and I would meet the slash with the sharp side.

Verticall: Against this one,I would position my sword horizontally. So if the attack is coming towards me from above,I would put my sword in front of the attack in horizontal possition like this ---------------- . With the sharp edge metting the attack.

Stab: Stab can be pretty dangerous if it's not noticed or registered at time. It's pretty tricky to counter. But I guess that this type of sword attack can be countered only if it's quickly deflected into the side with your own sword.

Diagonal: I would counter this one with positioning my blade in a horizontall line towards the incoming sword attack.

Akasha

Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Neat. Let's get going, no? First thing first, I'd like for you to make a sequence of different slashes onto the training dummy. As you've done so, I'd like for you to make a final slash as to completely rip it! After doing so, next thing that I'd like for you to do is actually place your sword back into its scabbard as you make few punches onto another dummy next to the last one. After those punches, take the sword within your hands as you make two final slashes and kill this dummy as well.

*summons two dummies*