Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
Ok, let's do this.

*Tosses you a wooden sword*

You'll be using this for now. First, I want you to demonstrate all of the types of sword swings that you know, then I want you to demonstrate them with your wooden sword. After that's done, I want you to give me a detailed explanation on what Kenjutsu is (in your own words).

Rase

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hei swings from over his head first then left and right then does all four diagonals. Kenjutsu is the art of fighting with a sword and be very deadly once mastered. Kenjutsu is most commonly used by the samurai. Kenjustu also varies from user to user just like Taijutsu because people come up with their own styles to fit more towards their strengths.

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
Nice!

Alright, now I'm going to explain the concepts of chakra flow, and close quarters combat in general...it'll come in handy for when we start learning jutsus.

Kenjutsu is, as you said, the way of the sword which emphasizes using a sword as an extension of your body. Kenjutsu itself falls under the broad and general way of Bukijutsu, or weapon techniques. Kenjutsu is used by both samurai, as well as shinobi, although samurai use it more, and it is the basis of their fighting style. You use a sword, as a medium for techniques meant to cut the opponent, or do damage that involves slashing. Most people choose a two handed approach to using a katana, due to the fact that they can get a lot more speed and power out of their attacks, since they are using two hands. Others choose to dual wield katana, or even triple wield (shoutout to Caliburn) their katana. Some people on the other hand, use sword techniques with a single hand to attack the opponent, while using their other hand to launch other attacks. It really depends on your own preference.

Chakra Flow, is the process of using elemental and regular chakra to increase the potency and potential of a blade or other weapon. For example, Kirabi coated a pencil with lightning chakra, and it would have potentially killed Kisame, if he hadn't avoided it. Effects of chakra flow vary from element to element. For example wind and lightning increase cutting power, while fire causes burning damage, and can cauterize wounds. Chakra flow is used extensively in kenjutsu, in order to increase the speed, power, and cutting potential of your blade, and making it more lethal.

Close Quarters combat, is not necessarily limited to close range techniques, or to taijutsu, and kenjutsu. You could use elemental jutsu in short range, although you might injure yourself. Close Quarters combat tends to have a high risk, high reward, type atmosphere. In a lot of cases, you can end a battle with a single blow, especially if using a weapon. Although, the reverse is also true for the opponent. It really depends on your own preferences, some people gain a large arsenal of close range weapons, CFS, and jutsu, and fight exclusively in close range. Now, a lot of jutsu in the taijutsu and kenjutsu list can be done with freeform, that is not using a jutsu and describing what you do in words of your own, so if you don't want to waste a jutsu slot, it might be a good ide a to use them instead of an actual technique. In addition, you can dodge a lot of kenjutsu/taijutsu freeform without using a jutsu, but not all.

On NB, close quarters combat requires a lot of description and detail. You want to make everything as clear as possible for your opponent, or you'll leave yourself at a huge disadvantage. In a moment, we'll have a short kenjutsu fight using our practice swords. For now, do you have any questions?

Rase

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice!

Alright, now I'm going to explain the concepts of chakra flow, and close quarters combat in general...it'll come in handy for when we start learning jutsus.

Kenjutsu is, as you said, the way of the sword which emphasizes using a sword as an extension of your body. Kenjutsu itself falls under the broad and general way of Bukijutsu, or weapon techniques. Kenjutsu is used by both samurai, as well as shinobi, although samurai use it more, and it is the basis of their fighting style. You use a sword, as a medium for techniques meant to cut the opponent, or do damage that involves slashing. Most people choose a two handed approach to using a katana, due to the fact that they can get a lot more speed and power out of their attacks, since they are using two hands. Others choose to dual wield katana, or even triple wield (shoutout to Caliburn) their katana. Some people on the other hand, use sword techniques with a single hand to attack the opponent, while using their other hand to launch other attacks. It really depends on your own preference.

Chakra Flow, is the process of using elemental and regular chakra to increase the potency and potential of a blade or other weapon. For example, Kirabi coated a pencil with lightning chakra, and it would have potentially killed Kisame, if he hadn't avoided it. Effects of chakra flow vary from element to element. For example wind and lightning increase cutting power, while fire causes burning damage, and can cauterize wounds. Chakra flow is used extensively in kenjutsu, in order to increase the speed, power, and cutting potential of your blade, and making it more lethal.

Close Quarters combat, is not necessarily limited to close range techniques, or to taijutsu, and kenjutsu. You could use elemental jutsu in short range, although you might injure yourself. Close Quarters combat tends to have a high risk, high reward, type atmosphere. In a lot of cases, you can end a battle with a single blow, especially if using a weapon. Although, the reverse is also true for the opponent. It really depends on your own preferences, some people gain a large arsenal of close range weapons, CFS, and jutsu, and fight exclusively in close range. Now, a lot of jutsu in the taijutsu and kenjutsu list can be done with freeform, that is not using a jutsu and describing what you do in words of your own, so if you don't want to waste a jutsu slot, it might be a good ide a to use them instead of an actual technique. In addition, you can dodge a lot of kenjutsu/taijutsu freeform without using a jutsu, but not all.

On NB, close quarters combat requires a lot of description and detail. You want to make everything as clear as possible for your opponent, or you'll leave yourself at a huge disadvantage. In a moment, we'll have a short kenjutsu fight using our practice swords. For now, do you have any questions?
No Sir

Last edited:

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
Hei sprints forward with a downward slash aimed right at the head trying to split him in two.
Chill dude, I haven't forgotten lol.

Which hand are you using to hold the blade? Are you using both? The rest is fine, you specified the type of slash, and where you want to hit me. Nice job.

As you rush towards me to make a downwards slash, I side-step. I move towards your right, my left, avoiding the path of your sword slash.

Now, it's time for you to start using a real sword. Obviously, you won't be allowed to start chopping up normal humans yet. Instead, I want you to focus chakra into your sword, try to focus the chakra around the blade of the weapon. Instead of making the sword sharper, use the chakra to act as a cushion, make it so that you won't be able to hurt anything with the sword. Essentially, create a scabbard or sheathe around the sword composed entirely of chakra.

Rase

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Which hand are you using to hold the blade? Are you using both? The rest is fine, you specified the type of slash, and where you want to hit me. Nice job.

As you rush towards me to make a downwards slash, I side-step. I move towards your right, my left, avoiding the path of your sword slash.

Now, it's time for you to start using a real sword. Obviously, you won't be allowed to start chopping up normal humans yet. Instead, I want you to focus chakra into your sword, try to focus the chakra around the blade of the weapon. Instead of making the sword sharper, use the chakra to act as a cushion, make it so that you won't be able to hurt anything with the sword. Essentially, create a scabbard or sheathe around the sword composed entirely of chakra.
Holding the sword in his left hand and focusing his chakra to form around the sword Hei Practices on tree branches and tries not to cut them and slowly starts to succed as time progresses until his swings don't even leave a on the branch.

Rase

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

^^^^^

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
Nice job, you learned:

Shuuren Kiwa ) - Training Edge
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 5
Damage: N/A
Description: This is a technique generally taught to aspiring swordsman and could be considered the opposite of using wind chakra to lengthen and sharpen a blade. Usually, a Swordmaster or other instructor would use their own chakra to create a small “U” shape around the edges or point of a weapon. The chakra acts as an invisible scabbard on the blade, allowing the students to spar without killing each other or wounding each other past minor bruises and aches caused by the blunt force of the “scabbard” blade making contact. The user activates this technique by extending their hand along a ridge and just letting a small amount of chakra out. This technique is very simple and quick.
Note: Courtesy of KeotsuEclipse

Now, try to make a combo using these two jutsu:

(Ken Rendan no Jutsu ) - Sword Barrage Technique
Type: Offensive
Chakra cost: N/A
Damage points: 30
Description: With this technique, the user will make a sequence of slashes with their sword and finishes with a powerful final slash dealing damage to their enemy.

( Ikari Nomikomu no Jutsu ) - Fury Swallow Technique
Description: The user punches the opponent a few times and finishes them with two final slashes with their blade or sword.

Rase

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice job, you learned:

Shuuren Kiwa ) - Training Edge
Type: Supplementary
Chakra Cost: 5
Damage: N/A
Description: This is a technique generally taught to aspiring swordsman and could be considered the opposite of using wind chakra to lengthen and sharpen a blade. Usually, a Swordmaster or other instructor would use their own chakra to create a small “U” shape around the edges or point of a weapon. The chakra acts as an invisible scabbard on the blade, allowing the students to spar without killing each other or wounding each other past minor bruises and aches caused by the blunt force of the “scabbard” blade making contact. The user activates this technique by extending their hand along a ridge and just letting a small amount of chakra out. This technique is very simple and quick.
Note: Courtesy of KeotsuEclipse

Now, try to make a combo using these two jutsu:

(Ken Rendan no Jutsu ) - Sword Barrage Technique
Description: With this technique, the user will make a sequence of slashes with their sword and finishes with a powerful final slash dealing damage to their enemy.

( Ikari Nomikomu no Jutsu ) - Fury Swallow Technique
Description: The user punches the opponent a few times and finishes them with two final slashes with their blade or sword.
Sweet

Ok so Hei takes the sword in his left hand and starts the Sword barrage techinque on a log making diagonal cuts on the neck and the shoulders first on the left then on the right and then in the middle of the Sword barrage He starts the fury Swallow Techinque by punching the center of the log five times then does two horizontal slashes against the body of the log and finishes it then moves into the final slash of the Sword Barrage doing a front and splits the log right down the middle.

Last edited: