Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've come across a lot of threads in which if Katsuyu is unrestricted, the level of difficulty in winning (In contrast to a restricted Katsuyu scenario) decreases while that of losing increases and i'm sort of confused by this. This would imply Katsuyu has battle feats that can help during a fight right? But what exactly are these feats?

Durability and it's acid are all i can think of but i'm not sure why Tsunade will hide inside Katsuyu during a battle and the acid doesn't look that impressive especially in terms of volume.

Manda's face is directly in front of Katsuyu and obviously that should be the main aim (with the eyes right there) but the acid spreads out once released sort of implying it can't be concentrated in a particular direction right?

Should durability and acid be enough to effect the difficulty level in a one on one fight? Or are there other Katsuyu feats i must have missed?

Jokule67

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Lol no Katsuyu is simply not a battle oriented summon yet Sakura/Tsunade fans try to transform her into some indestructible fighting animal

Melanin

Legendary
Kin
913💸
Kumi
540💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
She also varies in size, 1/10 of Katsuyu is huge and her can be wide spread but to answer your question yes she can tilt the balance in a one verses one situation. Is she a battle summon? Nope but she can be given the right circumstances.,

Last edited:

Joshutsu

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The acid doesn't look impressive on another large summon, imagine that quantity coming towards a spec of a human being. It still would be enough to kill manda though.

Katsuya will always beat manda, it might be a fight but it's inevitable always.

Also everytime we saw katsuya we learned of a new ability. Who say's there isn't more? Going off of what we already know though katsuya can be more than just a remote healer. Very versatile summon. In size as well.

Joshutsu

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lol no Katsuyu is simply not a battle oriented summon yet Sakura/Tsunade fans try to transform her into some indestructible fighting animal
Tsunade summoned her for battle so she can indeed be used for battle. We use the feats she has to show that she is a battle animal. Not made up stuff.

Melanin

Legendary
Kin
913💸
Kumi
540💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The acid doesn't look impressive on another large summon, imagine that quantity coming towards a spec of a human being. It still would be enough to kill manda though.

Also everytime we saw katsuya we learned of a new ability. Who say's there isn't more? Going off of what we already know though katsuya can be more than just a remote healer. Very versatile summon. In size as well.
Yea I agree Slugs > Snakes

Jokule67

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Tsunade summoned her for battle so she can indeed be used for battle. We use the feats she has to show that she is a battle animal. Not made up stuff.
The only battle feats she has are whats used in part 1 with the deadlock. Those on this base like to give Katsuyu more purposes and maneuvers that she simply doesnt have or has ever used. Katsuyu is mainly for healing. Tsunade provides most of the offensive. Katsuyu is mostly support. Nothing final or lethal except for acid.

Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Basically what i'm trying to drive at. After-all in major fights we never see her summoned right? People seem to think otherwise though and i'm trying to ascertain why with this thread.

She also varies in size, 1/10 of Katsuyu is huge but to answer your question yes she can tilt the balance in a one verses one situation.
@underlined..True. Does it have battle feats though?
@bold. How?

@bold..Looking at the space between the spurts in correlation with Manda, then we can safely say the space between the spurts compared to a human would be very large. Except we can prove Katsuyu can spray it in a particular single direction?

@underlined..Interesting. Doesn't part 1 contradict that?

Joshutsu

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The only battle feats she has are whats used in oart 1 with the deadlock. Those on this base like to give Katsuyu more purposes and maneuvers that she simply doesmt have or has ever used. Katsuyu is mainly for healing. Tsunade provides most of the offensive. Katsuyu is mostly support. Nothing final or lethal except for acid.
A summon belonging to a medical ninja may just be used mostly to better their medical capabilities. But I will not let you call katsuya a medical summon because Tsunade uses her as a medium for her medical ninjutsu at times.

Katsuya can do more than spit acid for her summoner as we have seen before.

-She can also spread herself out in smaller sizes and help her user scout and or identify an enemy because she has mental communication with Tsunade.

-She can defend her user because of her near indestructable body only proven by the manga to go down due to chakra absorption. Which later proved to not work when katsuya is in liquid form. We saw her defend ninja by engulfing them and taking pains ST in war arc.

That's enough to make her a combat animal.

How much utility does manda offer that we've seen in the manga other than racing around and trying to bite people? He has no special skills we've seen.

The frogs have access to various jutsu and weapons but other than that they don't do that much either.

I say the summons are pretty even with their offensive capabilities.

Joshutsu

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@bold..Looking at the space between the spurts in correlation with Manda, then we can safely say the space between the spurts compared to a human would be very large. Except we can prove Katsuyu can spray it in a particular single direction?

Well you need to think about the fact that for a smaller target katsuya can close in she did a large spray for a large target to try to get him because snakes are evasive.

When attacking orochimaru she closed in on him.

And no part 1 does not contradict that. The moment manda tried to squeeze her she divided. If it was a one on one he would never beat her. Also imagine thousands of mini katsuya spraying him if he tried to gobble them up do. The fight would end with him being the loser because he can't harm katsuya but she can harm him.

Melanin

Legendary
Kin
913💸
Kumi
540💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Basically what i'm trying to drive at. After-all in major fights we never see her summoned right? People seem to think otherwise though and i'm trying to ascertain why with this thread.

@underlined..True. Does it have battle feats though?

@bold. How?

Reason 1:The Closest Thing To Indestructible Genetic & Physical Makeup.

• You may say that the slug is slow, but Katsuyu's clones were fast enough to throw themselves in front of Shizune, Ino and Inoichi before the Animal Path's rhino summon even managed to hit them.
    Extremely Resistant To Damage (High Durability + Ultimate Protection (Defense).

You must be registered for see images

• Absorbed people into its body, thus protecting them from the physical impact of the large-scale Shinra Tensei Jutsu.

• A palm-sized version of Katsuyu even survived the corrosive chakra of Naruto's eight-tailed form and Nagato's Chibaku Tensei.
    Extremely Resistant To Damage (High Durability), Name Another Summon That Could Of Survived That?

(Scan Below)Katsuyu's Clones were still communicating (The One Attached To Eight-Tailed Form Naruto & The One That Wasn't).
    Then Chibaku Tensei.

Katsuyu Then Revels Herself (Unharmed Or Unchanged But Coherent).

Reason 2: Quintessential: Evasion.

• Katsuyu can divide its whole body into smaller slugs, and reunite it at will. This technique (Slug Great Division) makes Katsuyu impossible to capture. All blunt physical attacks are also nullified before this technique, as no matter how violent the strike, it won't amount to more than a fruitless attempt. No Equivalency Will Be Found In The Manga.

• Also Katsuyu is able to alter her bodily form and is able to deconstruct entirely into nothing more than a pool of body fluids.

Reason 3: Telepathic Link With Summoner.

• Tsunade was able to deduce and confirm Kakashi's death due to Katsuyu's physical contact to Kakashi, keep in mind that Katsuyu dispersed herself across the village and Tsunade was no wear near Kakashi or Katsuyu.
    This feat may have to do with more of the Byakugou Seal.

• Katsuyu said that she would report the current conditions of the battlefield (Shinobi Alliance Vs. Whoever), Tsunade's responds with "How did you make it to the battle field?" and that's were the verbal dialogue ends. When the verbal communication stops, Tsunade stands and stares at Katsuyu with attentive composure as if she was listening but in actuality she was just staring.
    The scan then reverts to the actual battle field were Katsuyu was actually summoned by Sakura, the Two (Katsuyu & Tsunade) pick the conversation back up as if Katsuyu has given her a detailed account which results in Tsunade informing the Kage's (The Katsuyu Healed) of the situation. This really isn't as strong as the previous evidence regarding Kakashi but it is a sign of a telepathic link.

Of course we could go on about her healing abilities and how she can be in 100 different places at once but that'll only be repetitive even though it only adds to her greatness..

Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well you need to think about the fact that for a smaller target katsuya can close in she did a large spray for a large target to try to get him because snakes are evasive.

When attacking orochimaru she closed in on him.

And no part 1 does not contradict that. The moment manda tried to squeeze her she divided. If it was a one on one he would never beat her. Also imagine thousands of mini katsuya spraying him if he tried to gobble them up do. The fight would end with him being the loser because he can't harm katsuya but she can harm him.
She attacked Orochimaru with acid? When? What chapter? i'll go search for the scan myself.

And actually part 1 sort of does. iirc, despite dividing and having the advantage you claim, the separated Katsuyu's didn't spit at Manda implying she has to be whole to use that acid...And i might be wrong..but it did look like Manda tried to swallow her or sth. In which case, swallowing smaller versions will be a piece of cake.

Reason 1:The Closest Thing To Indestructible Genetic & Physical Makeup.

• You may say that the slug is slow, but Katsuyu's clones were fast enough to throw themselves in front of Shizune, Ino and Inoichi before the Animal Path's rhino summon even managed to hit them.

• Absorbed people into its body, thus protecting them from the physical impact of the large-scale Shinra Tensei Jutsu.

• A palm-sized version of Katsuyu even survived the corrosive chakra of Naruto's eight-tailed form and Nagato's Chibaku Tensei.
    Extremely Resistant To Damage (High Durability), Name Another Summon That Could Of Survived That?

(Scan Below)Katsuyu's Clones were still communicating (The One Attached To Eight-Tailed Form Naruto & The One That Wasn't).
    Then Chibaku Tensei.

Katsuyu Then Revels Herself (Unharmed Or Unchanged But Coherent).

Reason 2: Quintessential: Evasion.

• Katsuyu can divide its whole body into smaller slugs, and reunite it at will. This technique (Slug Great Division) makes Katsuyu impossible to capture. All blunt physical attacks are also nullified before this technique, as no matter how violent the strike, it won't amount to more than a fruitless attempt. No Equivalency Will Be Found In The Manga.

• Also Katsuyu is able to alter her bodily form and is able to deconstruct entirely into nothing more than a pool of body fluids.

Reason 3: Telepathic Link With Summoner.

• Tsunade was able to deduce and confirm Kakashi's death due to Katsuyu's physical contact to Kakashi, keep in mind that Katsuyu dispersed herself across the village and Tsunade was no wear near Kakashi or Katsuyu.
    This feat may have to do with more of the Byakugou Seal.

• Katsuyu said that she would report the current conditions of the battlefield (Shinobi Alliance Vs. Whoever), Tsunade's responds with "How did you make it to the battle field?" and that's were the verbal dialogue ends. When the verbal communication stops, Tsunade stands and stares at Katsuyu with attentive composure as if she was listening but in actuality she was just staring.
    The scan then reverts to the actual battle field were Katsuyu was actually summoned by Sakura, the Two (Katsuyu & Tsunade) pick the conversation back up as if Katsuyu has given her a detailed account which results in Tsunade informing the Kage's (The Katsuyu Healed) of the situation. This really isn't as strong as the previous evidence regarding Kakashi but it is a sign of a telepathic link.

Of course we could go on about her healing abilities and how she can be in 100 different places at once but that'll only be repetitive even though it only adds to her greatness..
Perhaps you didn't see it, but i'm talking about a 1v1 here.

Reason 1: Durability. Why would Tsunade hide in Katsuyu when she's fighting one on one?
Reason 2: Evasion. Again it's a 1v1..A ninja that has intel will know not to bother themselves with attacking Katsuyu and head straight for the summoner.
Reason 3: How would that help in a 1v1?

Again, i'm sorta asking for battle feats.

InfiniteMugen

KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
She attacked Orochimaru with acid? When? What chapter? i'll go search for the scan myself.

And actually part 1 sort of does. iirc, despite dividing and having the advantage you claim, the separated Katsuyu's didn't spit at Manda implying she has to be whole to use that acid...And i might be wrong..but it did look like Manda tried to swallow her or sth. In which case, swallowing smaller versions will be a piece of cake.

Perhaps you didn't see it, but i'm talking about a 1v1 here.

Reason 1: Durability. Why would Tsunade hide in Katsuyu when she's fighting one on one?
Reason 2: Evasion. Again it's a 1v1..A ninja that has intel will know not to bother themselves with attacking Katsuyu and head straight for the summoner.
Reason 3: How would that help in a 1v1?

Again, i'm sorta asking for battle feats.
Your gonna get the same battle feats Sakura has 1v1, damn near none

Joshutsu

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Look for when orochimaru shows up to help Tsunade. She lunged at him and zones in to spray him before he talked her out of engaging him.

They didn't spit at him in part one because as soon as she divided she pieced back together. She didn't stay small. I am just saying that.

Also by your logic the katsuya that Tsunade is able to summon should not be able to spray acid either. Because that katsuya is no wear near the whole katsuya that lives in shikkotsu forest.

Therefore a smaller katsuya should be able to spray with acid if it wanted to. I was just pitching that idea if manda tried to attack katsuya in a bunch of mini katsuya though. And he didn't try to do it then so it may not be as easy as you think.

Every size of katsuya is just a fraction of a really big one. As revealed in the war. And we've never seen it.

Your gonna get the same battle feats Sakura has 1v1, damn near none
Yet, they are more than enough to prove katsuya can do battle. And noone has any proof otherwise the moment I show feats of combat. So this thread crumbled.

Last edited:

InfiniteMugen

KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Look for when orochimaru shows up to help Tsunade. She lunged at him and zones in to spray him before he talked her out of engaging him.

They didn't spit at him in part one because as soon as she divided she pieced back together. She didn't stay small. I am just saying that.

Also by your logic the katsuya that Tsunade is able to summon should not be able to spray acid either. Because that katsuya is no wear near the whole katsuya that lives in shikkotsu forest.

Therefore a smaller katsuya should be able to spray with acid if it wanted to. I was just pitching that idea if manda tried to attack katsuya in a bunch of mini katsuya though. And he didn't try to do it then so it may not be as easy as you think.

Every size of katsuya is just a fraction of a really big one. As revealed in the war.

Yet, they are more than enough to prove katsuya can do battle. And noone has any proof otherwise the moment I show feats of combat. So this thread crumbled.
I have no problem believing tsuna and katsuyu can do some damage in a 1v1, its Sakura that I have doubts about, I digress though. Op, with the right person commanding her I think she could be somewhat useful in a 1v1

Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Every size of katsuya is just a fraction of a really big one. As revealed in the war. And we've never seen it.
Great point...didn't recollect this at all. Katsuyu didn't lunge at him though.

A scenario where Katsuyu is summoned, breaks up, surrounds an enemy and hurls acid isn't entirely plausible imo..However you have made me know Katsuyu can increase the difficulty level of a fight.

Joshutsu

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have no problem believing tsuna and katsuyu can do some damage in a 1v1, its Sakura that I have doubts about, I digress though. Op, with the right person commanding her I think she could be somewhat useful in a 1v1
Well then you don't have an argument against me. I am just arguing that katsuya can do combat. Which is what this thread is about. I proved that she can no matter how good she is at combat in the opinion of the base. But she can.

I am not address a user in particular. But Sakura has been shown to be able to do everything Tsunade can with katsuya so I don't think you have an arguement there either. The only thing I could say in your favor is that tsunade is more experienced in combat so she would be better fighting with katsuya because she has done it more. But on paper Sakura can do all the techniques we have seen tsunade do with katsuya.