Seraph
Legendary
Kin
1,915💸
Kumi
1,618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So hey BootyDuck, heard you wanted to light up the world. Good.

We will set it all on fire, child.

Now, tell me all you know of Katon as it pertains to the NarutoVerse and then of fire as an actual element in our everyday lives. And then finally tell me of any notable Katon users you've seen in the manga/anime.

BoBoKittyDuck

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So hey BootyDuck, heard you wanted to light up the world. Good.

We will set it all on fire, child.

Now, tell me all you know of Katon as it pertains to the NarutoVerse and then of fire as an actual element in our everyday lives. And then finally tell me of any notable Katon users you've seen in the manga/anime.
Katon in NV is one of the 5 basic elements, it allows the user after manipulating their fire chakra in the stomach area, to release fire based jutsus from the lungs and mouth. Katon is weak against suiton but strong against Fuuton. Fuuton can also be used to enhance a Katon jutsu, making it more destructive.

The element of Fire is both creative and destructive, its qualities are Brightness, Thinness and Motion and its mode is Active. It is fire that we and our ancestors used to warm our homes, we use it to cook our food, we sit around it to ward of the darkness of night, and it fuels our passions. Fire, unlike the other elements, does not exist in a natural state. Its physical form can only take place by consuming some other element. Fire is the transformer, converting the energy of other objects into other forms: heat, light, ash, and smoke. (had to Google some of this.)

Notable Katon users: Sasuke Uchiha, Itachi Uchiha, Madara Uchiha.

Zaphkiel

Seraph
Legendary
Kin
1,915💸
Kumi
1,618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's right, the Uchiha own fire. Don't you dare forget that.

Now I want you to exhale a small fire from your mouth onto the palm of your hand. Then I want you to do the same with your hand instead of your mouth on the second try.

BoBoKittyDuck

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's right, the Uchiha own fire. Don't you dare forget that.

Now I want you to exhale a small fire from your mouth onto the palm of your hand. Then I want you to do the same with your hand instead of your mouth on the second try.
Kiba nods, he takes a deep breath and fuses his fire chakra with it, and then exhales small amount of fire on the palm of his hand.

On his second try, he focuses his fire chakra on his hand, causing small fire to be lit on his palm.

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Souji enters. ("The Reverse Fool" in my sig)

Good job! You know how to use 'Nature manipulation', which molds your chakra into something similar to fire.

There's a second part of chakra manipulation which deals with 'Shape'. What's the difference between 'Nature manipulation' versus 'Shape manipulation'?

BoBoKittyDuck

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Souji enters. ("The Reverse Fool" in my sig)

Good job! You know how to use 'Nature manipulation', which molds your chakra into something similar to fire.

There's a second part of chakra manipulation which deals with 'Shape'. What's the difference between 'Nature manipulation' versus 'Shape manipulation'?

Nature manipulation is when the user of a specific jutsu, decides which chakra type he wants his jutsu to be. For example (fire, lightning, wind etc..)
As for shape manipulation, it's about how the jutsu looks and how quick it is. For example (a lightning spear, a fireball etc..)
They are both necessary to modify a technique.

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Perfect.

For this training, I don't think I'll have you perform or write out techniques unless I want to see if you're good at describing harder jutsus. All I'll ask is for your opinion on them, and sometimes have quiz questions for you :)

This first set is simple to understand. The first and third rely on both nature and shape manipulation to create fireballs, while the second just has you channeling chakra into shurikens and 'igniting' them so they become FLAMING SHURIKENS!

(Katon: Ryu Kaen Bakufuu ) - Fire Release: Dragon Flame Blitz
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 10
Damage points: 20
Description: The user inhales and then exhales, shooting small balls of fire at the opponent.
(Katon: Kaen Shuriken Ranbu ) - Fire Release: Blazing Shuriken Dance
Description: The user will throw several shuriken infused with fire at the enemy and then, through a mental command, ignites them to cause extra damage.
( Katon: Komakai Kaki ) - Fire Release: Small Fire
Type: Offense
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Description: The user spews a small fireball.

BoBoKittyDuck

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Understood. I'll just give a quick analysis to make sure i understand.

First and last jutsus are interesting, they require no hand seals and they have decent range, the only disadvantage i can think of is their low rank, which makes them very easy to counter with any other element except for D-Rank wind.

As for the second jutsu, also interesting. I don't think this jutsu would be a great choice to counter anything with, as it might take the user sometime to get shurikens out of the pouch and then fusing them with fire. It's only D-Rank, but has a decent range.

Question: Can this jutsu be countered by other normal ninja weapons?

Last edited:

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To answer your question, yes! Although you'd have to stop them before they're ignited; once they're on fire, you'll need a basic ninjutsu/weapon technique that's at least one rank higher. This should give you an idea of when to find opportunities to counter in battle.

In order to illustrate that last point I made, take a look at this next set. These are the last two D-rank fire jutsus. For the first, you weave handseals to release a flammable gas. Now, wind would normally be at a disadvantage here since it's fire, but you can actually use equal ranked winds to cancel out the jutsu in its gaseous state, BEFORE it ignites into fire. If you allow it to ignite, you'll have to use at least a C-rank wind to even cancel it out.

And lastly, the last D-rank is a nice, flexible technique that you can compliment with taijutsu. Think of it as similar to Sanji's (from One Piece) fire kicks, though it can be done with punches or most movements as well.

( Katon: Kasumi Enbu no Jutsu ) - Fire Release: Mist Blaze Dance Technique
Type: Offense/Supplementary
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: N/A
Description: After performing the necessary hand seals Snake → Ram → Monkey → Tiger, the user is able to create and blow a flammable gas from their lungs. Once it comes in contact with fire or sparks, the gas ignites into a large fireball.
( Katon no Jutsu ) - Fire Release Technique
Range: Short - Mid
Description: The user will release a small but powerful flame of fire at their opponent from either their limbs (through movement) or exhaling it. It can produce fire balls or fire streams or simply aid in taijutsu.

BoBoKittyDuck

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Understood.

First jutsu, requires the user to focus his Fire chakra while performing 4 hand seals, which will allow him to release gas from his mouth, that can turn into a fireball if made contact with fire or Sparks.
Decent jutsu, its only disadvantages are the 4 hand seals, and low rank.

Second jutsu, very nice jutsu indeed. It requires the user to focus his fire chakra, and then release flames by exhaling it or through the limbs.
It's only disadvantages are weakness towards water element, and it's low rank.

Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Coolio. Try to think of other advs/disadvs other than 'low rank'. Think about their use in a battle and effects, for example.

Let's keep going with the C-ranks. Our first jutsu in this set is actually not a direct fire attack; rather, it takes advantage of the heat of the flames to knock out the target through dehydration and exhaustion.

Secondly, Great Fireball is Sasuke's (and by extension, an Uchiha's) trademark fire technique. You've probably seen it many times in the manga/anime. There are two forms it can be released as: a stream of fire, or a released fireball. What's the difference between those two forms in terms of how you use them? As in, what restrictions might you have using a stream vs. a fireball? What can you do with a stream that you can't do with a fireball?

( Katon: Shōkasou ) - Fire Release: Small Fire Stream
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage points: 30
Description: The user will create a small short flame at the opponent. This flame is capable of making the target collapse due to the heat of the technique. This technique requires no handseals.
( Katon: Gōkakyū no Jutsu ) - Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique
Type: Offense
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30
Description: After performing the necessary hand seals Snake → Ram → Monkey → Boar → Horse → Tiger, a ninja inhales air, and utilizing a large amount of fire chakra, spews a large fireball from their mouth after blowing through a ring made by the thumb and index finger of the user, incinerating everything in range. The fireball ignites externally. The fire ball can present itself in 2 forms: it can either be created by a stream of fire and sustained as a gigantic ball of flames in front of the user spanning up to short range or be released as a slightly smaller ball of fire which will travel towards the enemy up to mid range.

BoBoKittyDuck

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright,

First technique, considering there's stream in the name, means the user must keep fueling it to sustain it. Can be easily countered by the opponent by a simple D-Rank technique.

Second technique, answers to the questions: if i use a fireball form, usually means that I might need to transition to performing a different technique right after. As for the stream, i believe it's mostly used for defensive purposes.
If i start using the stream form, that means i will not be able to mold a different type of chakra, as this form requires constant fueling to keep it active.