Karin being Sarada's mother. Did Kishimoto cop out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

You must be registered for see images

Why would Kishimoto go through such great lengths to involve Karin? If he didn't want the possibility of it?

Forced drama?

Karin is a minor character and shouldn't have had such a large role in this gaiden. Yet she shares the same glasses. Is it possible that Kishimoto wanted this to be the love child of Karin and Sasuke to have his cake and eat it too?​

Last edited:

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's just so sarada can have her own struggle she never she's her dad and now thinks her mom isn't her mom any teenager would want answers.

But i think they shouldn't of revealed the truth in the end and allow readers to keep speculating

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's just so sarada can have her own struggle she never she's her dad and now thinks her mom isn't her mom any teenager would want answers.

But i think they shouldn't of revealed the truth in the end and allow readers to keep speculating
I believe shes a spiritual successor to karin X Sasuke.

Jiren

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kishi was forcing drama so he can get reactions out of fanbases. I swear everything leading out of the war arc and till the end was one big troll for his amusement.

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kishi was forcing drama so he can get reactions out of fanbases. I swear everything leading out of the war arc and till the end was one big troll for his amusement.
He literally spend a majority of the Gaiden dangling to reveal until the very last pages on the very last chapter. Im not sure if he wanted Karin to be the mom or was he holding out for the sake of sales or drama.

I don't know what to believe given how he handled NH and SS with Naruto and Sakura being the red herring. As Karin was used as that very same red herring.

If he wanted Karin to be his mom but was afraid of backlash maybe.

Melanin

Legendary
Kin
913💸
Kumi
540💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He never intended for anyone other then Sakura to her mother, Karin and her glasses was simply a curve ball to keep the fans reading and for Sarada’s development.

It was a good troll.

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He never intended for anyone other then Sakura to her mother, Karin and her glasses was simply a curve ball to keep the fans reading and for Sarada’s development.

It was a good troll.
He did, he held on to the truth and forced drama until the last pages. He knew what he was doign with those glasses. He didnt have the heart to actually take the risk.

Melanin

Legendary
Kin
913💸
Kumi
540💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He did, he held on to the truth and forced drama until the last pages. He knew what he was doign with those glasses. He didnt have the heart to actually take the risk.
Kishi was never going to take any type of “risk”, he just wanted people to think he was and that’s what makes Gaiden an excellent troll.

Shruikan

Legendary
Kin
12💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

You must be registered for see images

Why would Kishimoto go through such great lengths to involve Karin? If he didn't want the possibility of it?

Forced drama?

Karin is a minor character and shouldn't have had such a large role in this gaiden. Yet she shares the same glasses. Is it possible that Kishimoto wanted this to be the love child of Karin and Sasuke to have his cake and eat it too?​
I have had a detailed discussion on this with some SasuSaku fans. According to them, Kishi did this so as to make fun of the SasuKarin pairing as everyone kept telling him Salad looked like Karin. Basically a way to destroy all such theories.

Shruikan

Legendary
Kin
12💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He literally spend a majority of the Gaiden dangling to reveal until the very last pages on the very last chapter. Im not sure if he wanted Karin to be the mom or was he holding out for the sake of sales or drama.

I don't know what to believe given how he handled NH and SS with Naruto and Sakura being the red herring. As Karin was used as that very same red herring.

If he wanted Karin to be his mom but was afraid of backlash maybe.
Yup. THe backlash can be devastating. Just look at JK Rowling. She flat out admitted that Harry and Hermione was a better pairing than the canon Ron and Hermione amd it should have happened and she only did it because she had written herself into a corner with this. Manywho saw the movie or read the books all agree that Harry and Ginny came out of thin air. So many fans were raging on Twitter on that day. Half of the fandom opposes what she says nowadays.

Shruikan

Legendary
Kin
12💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kishi was never going to take any type of “risk”, he just wanted people to think he was and that’s what makes Gaiden an excellent troll.
You still have to admit that Gaiden was absolutely unnecessary. He took a dump on Sakura’s character when she punched the ground and dint answer simple questions. How can a wife not know that her husband doesn’t wear glasses and comically her husband has the best visual prowess of any ninja out there. SasuSaku still took a beating in those chapters. I understand it was a troll like NS but he does trolling he unintentionally ruins the real canon pairing he wrote.

FemmeFatale

Supreme
Kin
156💸
Kumi
2,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sarada literally never looked like Karin, Sarada and Sakura share the same face, its just sasuke's coloration and brow.
Karin was a pawn to show what happened to taka.
People only want Karin to be the mother because of genetics, but sakura showed that genetics mean nothing

Melanin

Legendary
Kin
913💸
Kumi
540💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You still have to admit that Gaiden was absolutely unnecessary.
For the Zillionth time, Kishi wrote Gaiden simply as means develop Sarada. Would I have preferred another story line? Yes but I’m not the author. In his mind Gaidens plot was necessary contrast to what’s in our minds but again YES! In my opinion having Sarada believing Karin was her mother wasn’t necessary.

Do I have to repeat myself?

He took a dump on Sakura’s character when she punched the ground and dint answer simple questions.
Nah I disagree, Sakura had her bad and good moments in gaiden but the good out weighs the bad. If you would’ve read my previously reply you would know that I think it was extra for kishi to have Sakura not just punch the ground but to not have spoken to Sarada about Sasuke or acting oblivious when Sarada asked her questions about him.

It’s a total flip to here character based everything her wrote previously.. in the Naruto manga Sakura was obsessed with him and damn sure would remembered everything about him but in gaiden her nonchalant unobsessive attitude about Sasuke seemed contrived. She spent all 700 chapters fangirling for Sasuke only to ignore is presence after marrying him and making a child. Character growth?

It ended on a good note.

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sarada literally never looked like Karin, Sarada and Sakura share the same face, its just sasuke's coloration and brow.
People only want Karin to be the mother because of genetics, but sakura showed that genetics mean nothing
she looks like karin.

Melanin

Legendary
Kin
913💸
Kumi
540💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Most people only wanted Karin to her mother becuase it would’ve undermined Sakura and something more to troll about but Kishi pumped brake on them. They loved Sarada when she could’ve been a Uzumaki but did the opposite..

Status
Not open for further replies.