ethris

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Il start by saying this is a question seeking information, not a theory to be put down.

Kanjuro has face paint, or makeup w.e u wanna call it.
I dont know much about culture in japan.

So my question is: Does makeup imply some sort of high position for males?

The way Kin'emon talks to him and the way he appears got me wondering if hes a noble, royal or w.e the Japanese equivalent is.

FreakensteinAG

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Makeup back when Japan still had dynasties were used in two social classes. One, the nobles, who both men and women were known to use as a symbol of wealth and to signify beauty (even though makeup was to cover your flaws). Makeup that worked was pretty damn expensive. In the second social class, makeup was only used by women in brothels.

So yeah, Kanjuro seems to be the noble equivalent if he has that aura or personality about him.

ethris

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Makeup back when Japan still had dynasties were used in two social classes. One, the nobles, who both men and women were known to use as a symbol of wealth and to signify beauty (even though makeup was to cover your flaws). Makeup that worked was pretty damn expensive. In the second social class, makeup was only used by women in brothels.

So yeah, Kanjuro seems to be the noble equivalent if he has that aura or personality about him.
thanks for the info

ethris

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What the dude above said or it could just be some similarity between him and his DF.
thats a good point, im just wondering all this because of a kaido theory i read, apparently shoguns weren't always noble, some times they were just the strongest warrior. and ppl theorize that kaido became shogun of the wano country threw those means

If kanjuro was a noble and based off how kinnemon and monomoske reacted when they heard kaido. I can almost see it being true.

Vandenre1ch

Veteran
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kanjuro represents a kabuki, Kinemon is a samurai and Raizou is a ninja.

Kabuki-entertainers and Kanjuro carries a paint brush. Very common is current and feudal Japan.
Samurai- obvious and carries a sword. Based off a Japanese kabuki actor that Oda is a fan of.
Ninja- has a bunch of short weapons and tricks

ethris

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No he just gave you AN answer and it happened to be the one that coincided with your already established opinions. Van also gave an answer.
actually this was my one and only question.

Anything out side of if face paint implied nobility or not, wasnt about my question. It was about their own inaccurate perception of what I asked and the desire to shut down an idea that wasn't even relevant to any answer id be given....

And im pretty sure I made my intentions clear with this

Il start by saying this is a question seeking information, not a theory to be put down

not my fault people pick and chose what to read.

Vandenre1ch

Veteran
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
actually this was my one and only question.

Anything out side of if face paint implied nobility or not, wasnt about my question. It was about their own inaccurate perception of what I asked and the desire to shut down an idea that wasn't even relevant to any answer id be given....

And im pretty sure I made my intentions clear with this

Il start by saying this is a question seeking information, not a theory to be put down

not my fault people pick and chose what to read.
Because of Kanjuro's face paint, you was wondering if it represented someone of high status for males. It does not. I said Kanjuro's makeup is just that of a kabuki entertainer. They can be artist, singers, dancers or play performers. It doesn't involve status. What I said in my first post answers your question too....it just paint of a kabuki entertainer....