[Discussion] Kaneki's power

Naru 1988

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do you guys think that Kaneki at this point is the most powerful being in the series, or do you believe there is someone above him still? The only people I can see as possible threats to him at this point is -

• Nimura Furuta : He did take down Eto, who at that point was the third most powerful character in the series, below Kaneki and Arima of course. If it is revealed he left that fight unscathed then yeah I'd say he would be at least on par with Kaneki during the Tsukiyama raid arc or above.

• Leader of V : I mean, this guy commands both Arima Kishou as well as Furuta. If someone has authority over these two SSS+ level characters, he must have something to back it up. My estimate would be above Arima by a fairly decent margin.

• Koutarou Amon : I know Amon is most likely going to side with Kaneki or stay neutral, but Amon had been his constant 'rival' throughout all of the original Tokyo Ghoul series, with him being equal with Kaneki in the final arc (albeit due to Arato Proto 2) but with the new reveal of him being a half-ghoul, imagine his strength alone, considering he was one of the rare humans who could fist fight ghouls.

• Leader of the clowns : It is inevitable that Kaneki will have a confrontation with the clowns at some point, and considering their members consist of SS+ ghouls, it is safe to assume their leader is an SSS/SSS+ level threat.

Just as a quick side note, please feel free to discuss this minor point as well. With the new development of the Zero Squad essentially being Kaneki's guard, and with the clowns seemingly going to step into the spotlight sooner or later, do you think Hirako will have his third (and possibly final) battle with Uta? Sorry this thread is so long

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I certainly belive V's leader is above or at Kaneki's level, so he isn't the most powerful being as of now. We haven't seen what Amon is capable of now that he is a ghoul. So I'm not if he would be above Kaneki but he has to be decently strong considering how he skilled he was as a human.

TrollKing

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Leader of V subdued SSS ages ago, he negs arima. Thats why arima chose to kill weak ghouls and be whashu's lapdog

Amon is floppy=failed experiment. Hes below SS the only successful owl experiment. (Amon still missing 2 fingers
You must be registered for see images
XD
)

Kaneki is Uta's king, Uta wont fight his king's bodyguard

Last edited:

Ambivalence

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Only V's leader is a possibility for a stronger character, otherwise Ken remains on top. Furuta has to be in the top as well from the currently alive characters, but him matching Ken is highly unlikely. Amon is SS-ranked at best.

Leader of V subdued SSS ages ago, he negs arima.
Tsuneyoshi isn't the leader of V. Plus, old Tsuneyoshi would get destroyed by Arima, and there's zero evidence to suggest that even his young version could match him, considering teen Arima negged Eto without any high-rated quinques by the looks of it, negged her again with Narukami only later, negged Ken with IXA only, negged Shachi, fought on par with future OEK until he was outsmarted. You don't even know how strong that one SSS-ranked ghoul Tsuneyoshi beat was compared to Owl or Ken, and Arima obeyed because he had no reason not to ever since he agreed with Eto's plan.

Last edited:

TrollKing

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Only V's leader is a possibility for a stronger character, otherwise Ken remains on top. Furuta has to be in the top as well from the currently alive characters, but him matching Ken is highly unlikely. Amon is SS-ranked at best.

Tsuneyoshi isn't the leader of V. Plus, old Tsuneyoshi would get destroyed by Arima, and there's zero evidence to suggest that even his young version could match him, considering teen Arima negged Eto without any high-rated quinques by the looks of it, negged her again with Narukami only later, negged Ken with IXA only, negged Shachi, fought on par with future OEK until he was outsmarted. You don't even know how strong that one SSS-ranked ghoul Tsuneyoshi beat was compared to Owl or Ken, and Arima obeyed because he had no reason not to ever since he agreed with Eto's plan.
Only known SSS are eto and the one got negged byTsuneyoshi, so SSS is pretty much a level of its own. Its true that arima is hax, but take notes that arima was too scared to opposed ccg even with the help of the one eye queen despite of how much he hated his job that he wanted to die more than any of his victims. Ccg is very scary to arima. So now the one eye king has to overcome arima's greatest fear :scorps:

Last edited: