[Theory] Kaneki's mother: The one who killed his father.

Byron123

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So I told this before but I read someone's theory which makes even more sense.

"So here is what I'm thinking about all this:

1) Kaneki's mother got into an argument or some such with her husband. The end result of this was that Kaneki's mother had a hand in her husband's accidental death. (I'm taking this from the poem Ishida posted on his tumblr yesterday)

2) Kaneki's aunt discovered this and blackmailed Kaneki's mother, making her give payments in exchange for not informing the police".

Therefore, Kaneki's mother never was kind, she was just blackmailed.

Last edited:

Arima

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Interesting. It makes sense, but I don't think that's the case. I still believe she was a kind person, who could not refuse to her sister. Black haired Kaneki had same personality, until after being tortured by Jason.

As for Kaneki getting beaten by his mother, I agree with the following:
I wonder what Kaneki requested. Was it a book or a pet animal(cockatiel Loser)? She probably couldn't afford it because her sister borrowed too much money from her so she projected that stress on Kaneki to make it seem like it's his fault. Tragic dysfunctional family.

Reactions: Agent Phrank

Byron123

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Interesting. It makes sense, but I don't think that's the case. I still believe she was a kind person, who could not refuse to her sister. Black haired Kaneki had same personality, until after being tortured by Jason.

As for Kaneki getting beaten by his mother, I agree with the following:
While it would make sense to see Kaneki's mother as someone with repressed feelings which would corelate to the whole theme of "hurt than being hurt", you should also take into account this: All we knew about Kaneki's mother is what he let us know through his ideal fantasy of a mother. This chapter just proved that Kaneki was quite bitter towards her, he even called her a maggot. Who tells us that she being the one that helps everyone isn't also a part of his ideal fantasy? How can we say that Kaneki as a kid didn't try to understand what was happening around him in such a way that he cope with it and thus seeing good in evil?

Ambivalence

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, it's possible, I mean at this point nothing from Kaneki's interaction with his own self back when he was tortured (who was portrayed as Rize) can be solidified as true. I don't think we know a single thing about Kaneki's dad, so I can see his death being an accident, though I definitely don't believe Mamman killed him just because she's crazy or something.