[Discussion] Kaidou Gecko Moria Hype

BaseGodNaruto

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Soo Gecko Moria hype anyone? Gecko rivaled this beast Gecko should be appearing soon like a Arc or 2 away im guessing. Connection for right now is they both are fascinated by Death one trying too take his away and the other trying to bring fourth his love ones.

I hope Oda revisit the Shicki and give them New Feats Oda should not allowed them to be introduced soo early

And that Supernova Monk a lot will be in stored for him he seems soo knowledgeable and is probably one of the few Novas planning the New World correctly

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Moriah got slaughtered, he never said they were on equal grounds with each other.

EDIT:Nvm you are actually right it says they were one on even grounds with each other, interesting.

Though they both could have been a lot weaker then.

Last edited:

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I hope he doesn't go out like a chunk but the fact that theres stronger people than him I life captured by Marines 18 times soo there are more Admiral type Marines xD Oda turned the Marines into fodders unless your an Admiral
Well we don't really know when he got captured.

He could have been captured numerous times before he was as strong as he is currently.

Its weird how he said he got captured by Yonkos. I mean he is a Yonko, does this mean WB, Shanks, and Big Mom all captured him at some point?

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
129๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ

He could have been captured numerous times before he was as strong as he is currently.

Its weird how he said he got captured by Yonkos. I mean he is a Yonko, does this mean WB, Shanks, and Big Mom all captured him at some point?
As you said, it could have happened at anytime. Maybe he was captured by the yonko early on in his pirate career which inspired him to reach their level.

@OP If Moriah rivaled Kaidou then Luffy will have no problem beating him, but he didn't so he won't.

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
As you said, it could have happened at anytime. Maybe he was captured by the yonko early on in his pirate career which inspired him to reach their level.

@OP If Moriah rivaled Kaidou then Luffy will have no problem beating him, but he didn't so he won't.
OP is right, one of the translations says Moriah was on the same level as him.

Moriah must have lost a lot of power or they both just weren't that strong.

sage1999

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Moriah got slaughtered, he never said they were on equal grounds with each other.

EDIT:Nvm you are actually right it says they were one on even grounds with each other, interesting.

Though they both could have been a lot weaker then.
Moriah was often seen as being a rival to Kaido in the same way as Mihawk and Shanks were. Kaido apparently ambushed Moriah crew when Moriah wasnt there and killled them which drove Moriah insane

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Moriah was often seen as being a rival to Kaido in the same way as Mihawk and Shanks were. Kaido apparently ambushed Moriah crew when Moriah wasnt there and killled them which drove Moriah insane
Wow and just like that he lost his chin and grew a really weird shaped body, I guess he let his self go.

But damn he was strong, if he rivaled Kaido then he must have been on the same level as Shanks and the other Yonkos.

He definitely looked BA in his prime. I would love to see a flashback of the fight the two had, talk about a slugfest.

sage1999

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Wow and just like that he lost his chin and grew a really weird shaped body, I guess he let his self go.

But damn he was strong, if he rivaled Kaido then he must have been on the same level as Shanks and the other Yonkos.

He definitely looked BA in his prime. I would love to see a flashback of the fight the two had, talk about a slugfest.
i think most Shicibukai were yonko candidates as they were fighting other would be yonos (Croc vs WB, Gekko vs Kaido, Mihawk vs Shanks) but apart from Mihawk, the affrementioned Shicibukai lost their will and became too cocky and thts why couldnt become Yonkos while the other pirates just beast it out

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
129๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
OP is right, one of the translations says Moriah was on the same level as him.

Moriah must have lost a lot of power or they both just weren't that strong.
One of the translations is it the most official one as well? If it is, then the first half of my statement is true, Luffy will have no problem with Kaidou if Moriah was equal with him. Unless they show a significant increase in Kaidou since the fight or a decrease in Moriah, pre skip Luffy handled Moriah himself(no Oars or zombie army) mid-high diff(more on the mid side since he started pretty warn out) Moriah gave him some trouble at first but after the tricks began to run out it was clear Moriah wasn't ready for Luffy. Now compare pre skip Moriah(said to be a rival of Kaidou) to post skip Luffy, and yes you compare pre and post here since that is where/when the power claim is originating.

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
i think most Shicibukai were yonko candidates as they were fighting other would be yonos (Croc vs WB, Gekko vs Kaido, Mihawk vs Shanks) but apart from Mihawk, the affrementioned Shicibukai lost their will and became too cocky and thts why couldnt become Yonkos while the other pirates just beast it out
Nah the most recent SBS said Crocodile got beat badly by WB and then lost his ambition while he was a rising star just like Luffy.

Its just Mihawk and Moriah who could fight on par with Yonkos.

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
One of the translations is it the most official one as well? If it is, then the first half of my statement is true, Luffy will have no problem with Kaidou if Moriah was equal with him. Unless they show a significant increase in Kaidou since the fight or a decrease in Moriah, pre skip Luffy handled Moriah himself(no Oars or zombie army) mid-high diff(more on the mid side since he started pretty warn out) Moriah gave him some trouble at first but after the tricks began to run out it was clear Moriah wasn't ready for Luffy. Now compare pre skip Moriah(said to be a rival of Kaidou) to post skip Luffy, and yes you compare pre and post here since that is where/when the power claim is originating.
I was doing some research and I went on NF and supposedly they have this reliable translation called Stephens translation:

"Captain: No way! Impossible!!
Rumor says that Moria was once on the same level as Kaido of the Four Emperors

It says he was once on his level meaning when Moriah was in his Prime.

Which means in his prime he could have actually been a lot stronger than even current Luffy.

ToshiZO

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ

The translation I read stated that he alone went to battle with Yonkous, meaning he didn't go with his crew. Thats pretty insane considering a Yonkou's fleet is half of what makes Yonkous so devastating.

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
The translation I read stated that he alone went to battle with Yonkous, meaning he didn't go with his crew. Thats pretty insane considering a Yonkou's fleet is half of what makes Yonkous so devastating.
Wow and yet Moriah gets so much hate, in his prime he was a beast.

There needs to be a Gecko Moriah respect thread.

ToshiZO

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Wow and yet Moriah gets so much hate, in his prime he was a beast.

There needs to be a Gecko Moriah respect thread.
lol I was talking about Kaido, regarding Moriah he was said to have fought him before, but somethings clearly off since his crew got annihilated by Kaidou. Also Kaidou was probably not in his prime. Moriah also declined staying in the Grand Line doing nothing but making zombies, he must have been much stronger when they asked him to be Shichibukai.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
129๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I was doing some research and I went on NF and supposedly they have this reliable translation called Stephens translation:

"Captain: No way! Impossible!!
Rumor says that Moria was once on the same level as Kaido of the Four Emperors

It says he was once on his level meaning when Moriah was in his Prime.

Which means in his prime he could have actually been a lot stronger than even current Luffy.
hmm he must have really fell off after losing his crew.