Kaguya's had Byakugan. Does this mean she had chakra before consuming the fruit.

OptimusPrime

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kekkai genkais and dojutsu. Do you need chakra to activate it? Toads had chakra The god tree is said to be the origin of all chakra. This applies to the tailed beast since their chakra was the shinju's chakra but what about the snake sage, the toad sage, and the slug sage. Did humans with blood line limit exist and did they already discover chakra What came first?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyke

Horus

Elite
Kin
377💸
Kumi
79💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I doubt it.. Note that her Byakugan was considered Kekkei Mōra while everyone elses was just Kekkei Genkai.
Those scenes with the Toad sage training Hagoromo were all fillers anyway..

Reactions: Lyke

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
everyone has chakra. it is considered lifeforce in most lore anyways.

But sticking to NV, Kaguya and her people are known to possess the KG byakugan.

From what we can speculate with the interactions between Momoshiki and Kinshiki, they have the ability to consume other people's chakra.
Before Kinishiki sacrificed himself, he gave us a hint that his mentor also gave himself by turning into a chakra fruit.

Animals and the tree you could say have plenty of chakra as they are one with nature, senjutsu, to the point they are overflowing with it and they can actually use some of it for ninjutsu.

So my speculation is that since humans are so detached from nature and dependent on technology, they can no longer naturally accumulate more chakra. They are then stuck with their own chakra and any attempt of using manipulation on their own chakra can result to death or falling ill. So they simply just stuck to their tools.

In Kaguya's planet, since they can absorb other people's life essence/chakra, there must have been battles and wars to consume one another so that they can grow stronger. We can see this happening in the Uchiha clan in which they murder others for each their's eyes to get stronger and more powerful. The same with Hyuga clan having their eyes stolen, hence the seal.

I assume that is why Kaguya fled. I believe that she started out as a benevolent being and was looking for a way to stop the war in her home planet. Then she found her solution but she found the same problem occurring on Earth and the rest became history.

Last edited:
Reactions: Naruto X Hunter

Made in Heaven

Supreme
Kin
5💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The aliens-whatever they're called-innately posses Byakugan, with Kaguya having it even prior to eating the Chakra Fruit. Its humans who lacked chakra before gaining it through Hagoromo and Hamura, who were the first humans born with chakra, where as Kaguya was an alien.

Reactions: Naruto X Hunter

highflyer

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The aliens-whatever they're called-innately posses Byakugan, with Kaguya having it even prior to eating the Chakra Fruit. Its humans who lacked chakra before gaining it through Hagoromo and Hamura, who were the first humans born with chakra, where as Kaguya was an alien.
I think Kaguya had to eat chakra fruits to get chakra while her kids were born with it instead. Remember Momoshiki only used chakra he consumes or when absorbed from attacks against him.

Made in Heaven

Supreme
Kin
5💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think Kaguya had to eat chakra fruits to get chakra while her kids were born with it instead. Remember Momoshiki only used chakra he consumes or when absorbed from attacks against him.
Hard to say, but with them clearly having the Byakugan innately, I believe they have chakra from birth, and that Hagoromo and Hamura were the first humans (albeit part alien) to be born with it.

highflyer

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
everyone has chakra. it is considered lifeforce in most lore anyways.

But sticking to NV, Kaguya and her people are known to possess the KG byakugan.

From what we can speculate with the interactions between Momoshiki and Kinshiki, they have the ability to consume other people's chakra.
Before Kinishiki sacrificed himself, he gave us a hint that his mentor also gave himself by turning into a chakra fruit.

Animals and the tree you could say have plenty of chakra as they are one with nature, senjutsu, to the point they are overflowing with it and they can actually use some of it for ninjutsu.

So my speculation is that since humans are so detached from nature and dependent on technology, they can no longer naturally accumulate more chakra. They are then stuck with their own chakra and any attempt of using manipulation on their own chakra can result to death or falling ill. So they simply just stuck to their tools.

In Kaguya's planet, since they can absorb other people's life essence/chakra, there must have been battles and wars to consume one another so that they can grow stronger. We can see this happening in the Uchiha clan in which they murder others for each their's eyes to get stronger and more powerful. The same with Hyuga clan having their eyes stolen, hence the seal.

I assume that is why Kaguya fled. I believe that she started out as a benevolent being and was looking for a way to stop the war in her home planet. Then she found her solution but she found the same problem occurring on Earth and the rest became history.
I think she just wanted Earth and its God-tree for herself and came here to settle alone. Remember she ate the chakra fruit, put a lot of people under Infinite Tsukuyomi as a way to make peace. She could have gone back home but no, she started using those people in the genjutsu to make Zetsus, and she had kids. I don't think she was going anywhere

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hard to say, but with them clearly having the Byakugan innately, I believe they have chakra from birth, and that Hagoromo and Hamura were the first humans (albeit part alien) to be born with it.
well it really could just be their eyes.

Using it however may require chakra but considering they have a possibly innate ability to absorb chakra from other people, they might be born with it and if not, they can just take a living being's life force and turn it into a chakra fruit for their own use.

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think she just wanted Earth and its God-tree for herself and came here to settle alone. Remember she ate the chakra fruit, put a lot of people under Infinite Tsukuyomi as a way to make peace. She could have gone back home but no, she started using those people in the genjutsu to make Zetsus, and she had kids. I don't think she was going anywhere
well that's the story that everyone knows but Zetsu, Hagoromo, and Hamura knew her. There were also records/story that was passed down by the elders that she was the Rabbit Goddess and even Hagoromo stated that she was nice before.

If I remember correctly, Momoshiki was looking for Kaguya. I do not know whether he was her ally or enemy, might have to rewatch.
In any case, I don't think she could have come back. As far as we know, she needs a powerful doujutsu to travel back but she only had byakugan.

Granted you could argue that when she ate the fruit, she could have gone back but I think that is when she became concerned with Earth and its people. I believe that she wanted to fix all the fighting but lost herself when people started worshiping her or it could just be the 10 tails/tree corrupting her. I'm really confused when it comes to that. I'm under the impression that the tree did not want to be consumed much like Kurama did not want to be sealed inside of Naruto. So I'm going with that theory.

She was nice but turned sour after Hagoromo and Hamura grew up.

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Bingo, most logical conclusion.
I really don't get why people think more of their eyes though. Like they do not belong from this planet/dimension.

Like byakugan is simply their normal eyes. No need to overcomplicate things.

If anything, once they get chakra they get rinnegan/tenseigan. So their byakugans are not really a doujutsu to them.

Melanin

Legendary
Kin
913💸
Kumi
540💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I really don't get why people think more of their eyes though. Like they do not belong from this planet/dimension.

If anything, once they get chakra they get rinnegan/tenseigan. So their byakugans are not really a doujutsu to them.
Yea their Byakugan being their natural eyes make sense since the Ōtsutsuki are celestial beings, chakra is just an enhancement to their eyes and other abilities.

Last edited:

highflyer

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

true, they are born with it, no dispute. but you are wrong about the Tenseigan/Rinnegan theory. They get Tenseigan when an Otsutsuki implants a Hyuga Byakugan, it bonds with their Otsutsuki chakra and evolves into Tenseigan

Last edited:

NextGenNinja

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's practically confirmed the otsutsuki clan had chakra for generation, they can pass on their chakra to the next. Besides, kaguya and the otsutsuki had to have some jutsu that allowed them to travel between worlds. I'm pretty sure, hagoromo is the one who gave chakra to the sage animals.

highflyer

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's practically confirmed the otsutsuki clan had chakra for generation, they can pass on their chakra to the next. Besides, kaguya and the otsutsuki had to have some jutsu that allowed them to travel between worlds. I'm pretty sure, hagoromo is the one who gave chakra to the sage animals.
yea, Kaguya's dimension travel was an original ability of hers

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
true, they are born with it, no dispute. but you are wrong about the Tenseigan/Rinnegan theory. They get Tenseigan when an Otsutsuki implants a Hyuga Byakugan, it bonds with their Otsutsuki chakra and evolves into Tenseigan
but what counts as a hyuga byakugan?

if you are basing it off of Toneri's tenseigan then that is a different matter.

Toneri was a character designed to answer the question: what if the Yang part of the clan desired to get a doujutsu?
Since Madara, Yin, had a doujutsu to begin with and gained Rinnegan by taking part of Hashi's body, Yang, into his own body.

This evolution does not work on the aliens however as they already have byakugan to begin with. All they need is chakra.

However what they gain won't be Tenseigan/Rinnegan that we know.
Should they get chakra, their eyes would not turn into a tenseigan but they would rather gain a rinne sharigan. Although it might be simply because Kishi had not thought of the Tenseigan at that point when he introduced Kaguya.