Davy Jones

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
His appearance before sage mode, was that of a snake due to Oro's chakra.
HOWEVER, one doesnt exclude the other.

When Kabuto went snake sage mode, the sage mode AND Oro's chakra, could be the reason for the snake look.

Nowadays, with Oro having his chakra taken back, Kabuto going snake sage mode, could make him look like a snake too.
The reason this time would be the sage mode itself. It is not weird that this could be the case.
Jiraiya looked like a frog after all.
This time the reason is the sage mode and not Oro's chakra.

I think people misunderstand what im getting at... im saying yes he can turn into sage mode whenever, thats a given, but most of his appearance change was because of orochimaru, not sage mode itself. there should be a little change in his appearance now... like just the horns....everything else as far as his snake like appearance should be not applicable now. he should only have the horns and the eyes maybe...he shouldnt look that much like a snake. like the snake skin and the snake in his belly was due to orochimaru not SM. so if orochimaru too his chakra back, the snake skin and snake should not be there. but when he goes into sage mode then the horns and eyes should be the only change.... like if he deactivates SM he will still have the skin and snake, which is what orochimaru was supposed to take....it seems like its an asspull now to now say that came from SM when the only thing that came from SM was his horns and eyes

Last edited:

Moe22

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I think people misunderstand what im getting at... im saying yes he can turn into sage mode whenever, thats a given, but most of his appearance change was because of orochimaru, not sage mode itself. there should be a little change in his appearance now... like just the horns....everything else as far as his snake like appearance should be not applicable now. he should only have the horns and the eyes maybe...he shouldnt look that much like a snake
Yeah that's what I skeptical about as well. But I'm assuming when he breaks Sage Mode he's just gonna look like his normal self. I think he just looks like that because his SM is imperfect, like Jiraiya's.

Cauzing

Elite
Kin
3๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
3๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I think people misunderstand what im getting at... im saying yes he can turn into sage mode whenever, thats a given, but most of his appearance change was because of orochimaru, not sage mode itself. there should be a little change in his appearance now... like just the horns....everything else as far as his snake like appearance should be not applicable now. he should only have the horns and the eyes maybe...he shouldnt look that much like a snake
I guess he still looks so much like a oro is because he still has his cells in him.

Davy Jones

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I guess he still looks so much like a oro is because he still has his cells in him.
lol exactly the ass pull im talking about... orochimaru was about to head into a major battle im sure he would have taken everything that is his....but im sure kishimoto will asspull that very arguement because its the most plausible, but even then its not the smartest thing to do. orochimaru is a genius he would have taken all of his cells, and even if he didnt the appearance kabuto had taken should not look exactly the same as before.

he absorbed the senjutsu chakra. I guess you can't just absorb cells.
man the way this manga is im sure chakra and cells are the same now...kishimoto is too inconsistent when it comes to distinguishing chakra and DNA cells

Meowazziel

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I think people misunderstand what im getting at... im saying yes he can turn into sage mode whenever, thats a given, but most of his appearance change was because of orochimaru, not sage mode itself. there should be a little change in his appearance now... like just the horns....everything else as far as his snake like appearance should be not applicable now. he should only have the horns and the eyes maybe...he shouldnt look that much like a snake. like the snake skin and the snake in his belly was due to orochimaru not SM. so if orochimaru too his chakra back, the snake skin and snake should not be there. but when he goes into sage mode then the horns and eyes should be the only change.... like if he deactivates SM he will still have the skin and snake, which is what orochimaru was supposed to take....it seems like its an asspull now to now say that came from SM when the only thing that came from SM was his horns and eyes
Jiraiya his feet became like a toad. His hands and skin too. Even his his hair changed.
Why cant Kabuto have more changes than horns and eyes?
Kabuto his skin even seemed to have changed less (less scaly) than during the fight vs Sasuke and Itachi btw.

Davy Jones

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Jiraiya his feet became like a toad. His hands and skin too. Even his his hair changed.
Why cant Kabuto have more changes than horns and eyes?
Kabuto his skin even seemed to have changed less (less scaly) than during the fight vs Sasuke and Itachi btw.

because his normal appearance before sage mode was already snake like...if you use this example thats like saying he is in sage mode at all times..

this is him when he is not in DSM

You must be registered for see images

so logically you deduct that every other appearance change after this is due to DSM.

so if orochimaru takes his cells than kabuto will look normal.... so when he does enter DSM the only apparance change he should have are the ones that changed the first time.

You must be registered for see images

Teeth
eyes
horns

get me?

he should look like normal kabuto with just sharp teeth cool eyes and horns

Last edited:

Meowazziel

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
@ Davy Jones.

As I said, one thing doesnt have to exclude the other thing.

1-At first, before enerting sage mode, he already looked like a sage BECAUSE of Oro's DNA.
When going sage mode, more snake features appeared (horns popped up and eyes changed).

2-When Oro took his own chakra back and deactivated sage mode, we saw the normal Kabuto.

3-When Kabuto went sage mode again after Izanami, he looked like a snake again.

In the case of point 1-, the reason for his snake skin could be Oro's chakra AND sage mode.
In the case of point 3-, it could be only because of sage mode.

Different powers (Oro's chakra and Sage mode) giving similar effects on the skin for example.

Davy Jones

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
@ Davy Jones.

As I said, one thing doesnt have to exclude the other thing.

1-At first, before enerting sage mode, he already looked like a sage BECAUSE of Oro's DNA.
When going sage mode, more snake features appeared (horns popped up and eyes changed).

2-When Oro took his own chakra back and deactivated sage mode, we saw the normal Kabuto.

3-When Kabuto went sage mode again after Izanami, he looked like a snake again.

In the case of point 1-, the reason for his snake skin could be Oro's chakra AND sage mode.
In the case of point 3-, it could be only because of sage mode.

Different powers (Oro's chakra and Sage mode) giving similar effects on the skin for example.
@bold: this is what im saying....thats the only way you can really explain why he still looks that way but thats an asspull it does not make sense. If Orochimaru took back his DNA he would not look that much like a snake. Orochimaru would have taken all of his DNA and if he did leave some, he would not have left enough for him to look like that

and 2 its not only because of sage mode, but thats all that you can say to supprt why he looks that way which is also an asspull. what im saying is these things can be explained but they are asspull reasons that dont make sense. I agree thats probably why, but im just saying its an asspull

Meowazziel

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
@bold: this is what im saying....thats the only way you can really explain why he still looks that way but thats an asspull it does not make sense. If Orochimaru took back his DNA he would not look that much like a snake. Orochimaru would have taken all of his DNA and if he did leave some, he would not have left enough for him to look like that

and 2 its not only because of sage mode, but thats all that you can say to supprt why he looks that way which is also an asspull. what im saying is these things can be explained but they are asspull reasons that dont make sense. I agree thats probably why, but im just saying its an asspull
I dont find it an asspull but you can have that opinion.

Besides something else to think about.
Oro could use senjutsu chakra (he used it in some seals, for example the curse seal),
but he couldnt make his body go into sage mode. It wasnt the right type of body.
Maybe the chakra that was taking over Kabuto was injected Senjutsu Oro chakra, turning Kabuto slowly into a white snake if he didnt get control over it. Just as frog genjutsu can turn you into a frog and into stone.
Snake sage mode would give a similar effect in looks.

Jiraiyas skin becomes wart like too due to the toads.
A snake sage mode user can have a scaly skin (either from Oro's chakra, sage mode or both).
For me it feels like an okay explanation.

Anyway we understand each others points now and that is good,
even if we maybe dont agree in the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Davy Jones

Moe22

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ

but we must remember Kabuto has a contract with snakes, that of course can't be terminated by Orochimaru. So even though he got his snake chakra away (his cloak appearance) his sage mode is still for the same animal.
But I see where you're coming from, this time he shouldn't of had as many snake-like feature because the first time it was SM plus Oro's chakra and this time it's just Oro's chakra.