Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

Serious question. Why do so many people hate Kabuto's backstory so much? Along with Nagato and Chouji, he has one of the most sincere, best written and saddest backstories in the manga. I think a lot of you may have missed the point of the fight entirely, Kabuto started as nothing- a nobody with no special powers of bloodline limits, not even a name whilst Itachi (his opponent) was born talented, as the prodigy of the Uchiha- This is what DROVE Kabuto and that was what the flashback, the fight and the juxtaposition of Kabuto & Itachi was all about.

You must be registered for see images

The difference between the no name oprhan wearing the Kabuto helmet and the Dragon Sage Kabuto is huge and really, quite sad. It's superbly written.

So why do so many people hate it? Did you just not get it? Was it placed badly in the manga? Or is it just the Itachi fans who were expecting 5 chapters of Itachi love? I'm genuinely interested. Why so much hate for Kabuto's backstory. And for that matter Kabuto too.

Neonian

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I didn't know people hated the back story? All I know is that they hate Kabuto in general, just cause how his character is. I didn't really pay attention to the Itachi vs Kabuto chapters. Especially his backstory, I mean I read it, but after that I didn't think too much of it after.

GwemBaba

<div class="bbWrapper">I knew, without even looking, that it was you. <br /> <br /> I don't hate Kabuto in the slightest, in my mind it's pretty clear he'll become a good guy.</div>

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hashirama and Madara's flashback wasn't boring and was wayy more relevant.
By showing us the bare minimum of information we already know? It added nothing new to the naruto story other than to tell Sasuke the story, a person who did not know the history of the Senju/Uchiha. Thing is, the audience DID. Relevant? Nope. Excuse to have a 10 page battle of Hashirama & Madara (that i've seen and heard before) YES.

Creedo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He is hated because he went against 2 characters who have the most annoying and the biggest fanbase in here: Sasuke and Itachi.

Personally, I dont have anything against the man.

Cosman

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I honestly didn't even feel he deserved a flashback. He felt like an orochimaru wannabee to me after part 1, and his setup to being a villain felt so random. Sasuke defeats oro, he takes a piece of oro with him, disappears for a hundred and fifty chapters and comes back... And I truly didn't care.

I can see why people like him, he's just not my kind of antagonist. If his fight was longer and cooler I wouldn't have minded as much, but there were so many things that were more interesting like madara, bijuu mode, and Tobi (at the time).

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I honestly didn't even feel he deserved a flashback. He felt like an orochimaru wannabee to me after part 1, and his setup to being a villain felt so random. Sasuke defeats oro, he takes a piece of oro with him, disappears for a hundred and fifty chapters and comes back... And I truly didn't care.
That's fair enough but I actually liked how he became more than just an aide, he worked from behind the shadows and became stronger than Orochimaru ever was. Even when he worked in the Sound Village he never followed Oro's every order- he was a loose cannon and would do whatever he wanted. His village plots to defeat the Leaf, yet he'll heal Hinata in the chunnin exams- revealing to the enemy he has medical ninjutsu. He tells sound ninja to be careful of Naruto, yet mocks him to his face. He's unpredictable and never was just an Oro clone- that's why he came out of nowhere.

I can see why people like him, he's just not my kind of antagonist. If his fight was longer and cooler I wouldn't have minded as much, but there were so many things that were more interesting like madara, bijuu mode, and Tobi (at the time).
That is totally justified :')

Vegeto30294

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A lot of people hate it because they wanted the Uchiha brothers to stomp Kabuto mid-sentence and get back to the action, or go to the Madara vs Kages or Naruto vs Tobi fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.