Gatsuuga

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well hello there, after this weeks chapter I got thinking about kabuto's new sage jutsu. For those that haven't seen it here it is
You must be registered for see images

Okay so couldn't that technique be a perfect counter to FTG. He uses it on the kunai scattered on the battle field and they effectively become minato's enemies. Therefore Minato loses his main advantage.

Now I can hear peoples minds imploding of the simple fact that even without FTG Minato is damn fast. But that could also be said about Kabuto's jutsu. Hell I would even go as fast as saying it is one of the fastest we have ever seen. Why you ask?
Itachi had enough time to activate his susanoo to block lightning....LIGHTNING. Zetsu explained that kirin was inescapable because it moved so fast, yet Itachi had the time to activate susanoo. Yet he wasn't quick enough to activate susanoo against Kabuto's technique? Kabuto's technique is obviously ridiculously fast.

So what would Minato do? It would obviously catch him unaware. I have seen people (mostly fanboys/girls) that have argued tooth and nail that susanoo and Kirin are instant, yet this jutsu is either equal or faster. Therefore there is no doubting that the combo would be a serious problem for minato if he was to teleport to a kunai.

Special note: Don't just be a hater and spam repost because you are a blatant hater of Kabuto, I will delete them. On a side not what is with all the blatant hate towards Kabuto?

Last edited:

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
he did activate susanoo, he just used it to shield sasuke instead of himself since, being edo, hell just regenerate, but sasuke would die

and if he does use it on minato's kunai, that doesnt stop him from using FTG

Gatsuuga

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
itachi activate his susanno to protect sasuke
That still doesn't dismiss the fact that he didn't have time to form something better, or the fact that sasuke himself didn't have time to form one. From the way I have heard people talk about susanoo, I thought it was instantaneous ;).
he did activate susanoo, he just used it to shield sasuke instead of himself since, being edo, hell just regenerate, but sasuke would die

and if he does use it on minato's kunai, that doesnt stop him from using FTG
But thats the point, it's like teleporting straight into a knife? As soon as he does it the kunai will attack him, very fast.

Blaze Release

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There are many counters to ftg and the latest attack by kabuto is one of them. If he can indeed control the environment and objects it would make sense to say he can do the same with tools and a kunai is a tool.

If thats the case he can determine where minato would teleport to because he controls the kunai's.
Before people say he can tag the environment, that is still futile, kabuto can control the environment so my point still stands

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
There are many counters to ftg and the latest attack by kabuto is one of them. If he can indeed control the environment and objects it would make sense to say he can do the same with tools and a kunai is a tool.

If thats the case he can determine where minato would teleport to because he controls the kunai's.
Before people say he can tag the environment, that is still futile, kabuto can control the environment so my point still stands
what if he tags a tree? thats living and kabuto's jutsu affects non-living things

-Jiraiya-

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I dont see the point hoW Minato's kunai will become his enemies.
Also though kirin is superfast, sasuke did give enough time to itachi by describing about the jutsu. Imo that time gave itachi the opportunity to activate his susanoo.

maxwills

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is an overpowered technique Kabuto needs to die... I love the way they put huge obstacles up against the Uchiha. But they will overcome it!

Sasuke has to face Naruto so he won't die

FlyingThunderGodHax

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well hello there, after this weeks chapter I got thinking about kabuto's new sage jutsu. For those that haven't seen it here it is

Okay so couldn't that technique be a perfect counter to FTG. He uses it on the kunai scattered on the battle field and they effectively become minato's enemies. Therefore Minato loses his main advantage.

Now I can hear peoples minds imploding of the simple fact that even without FTG Minato is damn fast. But that could also be said about Kabuto's jutsu. Hell I would even go as fast as saying it is one of the fastest we have ever seen. Why you ask?
Itachi had enough time to activate his susanoo to block lightning....LIGHTNING. Zetsu explained that kirin was inescapable because it moved so fast, yet Itachi had the time to activate susanoo. Yet he wasn't quick enough to activate susanoo against Kabuto's technique? Kabuto's technique is obviously ridiculously fast.

So what would Minato do? It would obviously catch him unaware. I have seen people (mostly fanboys/girls) that have argued tooth and nail that susanoo and Kirin are instant, yet this jutsu is either equal or faster. Therefore there is no doubting that the combo would be a serious problem for minato if he was to teleport to a kunai.

Special note: Don't just be a hater and spam repost because you are a blatant hater of Kabuto, I will delete them. On a side not what is with all the blatant hate towards Kabuto?
At bold part. People seem to think itachi activated his susanoo just before impact or during the 0.001 interval which zetsu claimed . That is a huge misconception sasuke was talking for a while boasting about kirin. So it was only natural for itachi to suspect a thunderbolt or something similar.

Itachi did not react to kirin. It was just to showcase susanoo and to add more suspense (eg sasuke's relif of itachi death) Think of it . It would be pretty crappy and less suspenseful if itachi just stood their and chuckled at sasuke's kirin. Remember naruto isn't always about logic. Sometimes kishi thinks of storyline over logic.

Gatsuuga

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Yay! Not that we disagree on this, but it's nice that we agree from time to time :D.
He did it for sasuke
Why didn't sasuke do it for himself?

what if he tags a tree? thats living and kabuto's jutsu affects non-living things
He could control the earth and move that tree way from him.

Also though kirin is superfast, sasuke did give enough time to itachi by describing about the jutsu. Imo that time gave itachi the opportunity to activate his susanoo.
Because than if he uses FTG, the kunai he goes to will attack him. He would have to be second guess his main technique and in doing so would loose the field advantage he usually gains from it.

Im pretty sure he has to be touching the object to control it.
ATM I guess we can't say either way. He did seem a reasonable distance away from Itachi/ Sasuke, but it is a cave after all. Agruements could go both ways but I guess neither has solid proof. Although if it was on the ground that he controlled I don't see why that would matter.

Depending on the location this can be applicable, but it wouldnt really help when it comes to attacking, but such a strategy would be good for evading only
Agreed, it is situational (like anything) but no less a very good counter

I did say I would delete posts for random Kabuto hate. And besides this thread has nothing to do with Uchiha or sasuke, don't know why you brought them up. On second thoughts I don't know how to, gotta love empty threats haha.:sy:

dowhatupreach

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
kabuto can control inanimate objects through his jutsu.

Ssoul Eater

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
yes, this would be an advantage for him over minato but not a way he can win over him.
I doubt he can locate every kunai scattered all over the place. If he's to pinpoint them this could distract him 4rm fight. It's all abt utilizing time when fighting Minato. B'coz he's all abt speed & reflexes.
I also doubt he can control small specific object, in this case many, accurately yet...
Secondly, Itachi was unaware of this jutsu but was still able to save Sasuke by activating susano. Minato's have the skills ( FTG) & reflexes to dodge it effortlessly.

p.s It's sad to say this but Minato would still lose even if kabuto doesn't have this technique...

Last edited:

Gatsuuga

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The thread has changed from a counter to FTG to itachi's susanoo :sy:
Well it is simple enough, and valid to say Minato has the raw speed to dodge a kunai. The whole Itachi susanoo thing was more to illustrate that when Kabuto controls things they can move at a very fast pace. Therefore even with Minato's speed this counter would still pose a serious risk to him.