Kin
738💸
Kumi
4,046💴
Trait Points
33⚔️
Awards
Lets try this again

waited at the appointed location for the one who would show him the way. He usually perferred to plot his own path through his research but there were some obstacles that you simply cannot overcome alone.

The path of the serpent will lead to power.

Houdinii

Elite
Kin
738💸
Kumi
4,046💴
Trait Points
33⚔️
Awards
Tell me what you know about SM and what makes Snake SM different form the otehr two
Sage mode is the state in which a shinobi begins to absorb natural energy from their surroundings and mix it with their own chakra, specifically they must mix the natural energy in equal potions with their physical and spiritual energy. By doing so they create a new form of chakra which is the Sage mode chakra. Achieving sage mode means to gain control over this balance of chakra and to then focus it into various new abilities and techniques granted by the addition of natural energy. Though the training of this is a difficult process due to the danger of absorbing too much natural chakra at once which will begin to turn you into a stone statue, while inversely too little natural chakra will have no effect at all.

Sage mode gives the user access to the general physical traits of the animal they learned it from, giving toad or snake like eyes for example or even the ability to dislocate your jaw. Not only does natural energy allow the user to effect their environment in new and often more powerful ways, it also allows the user to sense their surroundings due to the link with the natural energy in the environment. Sage mode boosts the power of their ninjutsu and taijutsu and augments it in unique ways, in toad sage mode it can allow you to extend you area of effect for taijutsu through the Frog Kata and surrounding yourself with dense natural energy. In snake sage mode the user can focus natural energy into the environment itself to alter and manipulate it in sudden and unnatural ways, catching your opponent by surprise. Sage mode is slightly limited however as the user usually needs to remain perfectly still while gathering it from the environment.

As for the differences between them there are the obvious differences in relation to the animal that trained them, apart from Hashirama who gained access to natural energy through his Wood KKG. The snake and toad sage modes gives the user the useful physical attributes of the animal. In general however the toad sage mode is more offensively focused, augmenting their taijutsu to make them much faster and stronger with a wider physical range. While the snake sage mode is more focused on increasing the users perception of his surroundings, specifically his heat and vibration sensing which would be quite useful in battle.

I think I covered everything >.>

Korra.

Sage of Snakes
Supreme
Kin
2,212💸
Kumi
4,343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Like right when sage mode begins to end if you have a clone that gathered natural chakra than SM would be prolong.
And dont know about Ninjutsu I didnt make the jutsu
And I would say yes since with naruto when he is in SM he can tell who is is exactly searching for

Great now time to torture I mean teach you *has us reverse summoned to Ryuchi Cave* Now, since you've chosen the snake sage mode, we will need to do this the hard way!

*Performs a handseal and summons a bed of incredebly sharp six feet tall spikes, with one twelve foot tall spike in the middle*

Take a stone slab from the pile, and sit on the taller spike, gain your balance and maintain absolute stillness.

It looks simpler than it is, believe me

Houdinii

Elite
Kin
738💸
Kumi
4,046💴
Trait Points
33⚔️
Awards
Like right when sage mode begins to end if you have a clone that gathered natural chakra than SM would be prolong.
And dont know about Ninjutsu I didnt make the jutsu
And I would say yes since with naruto when he is in SM he can tell who is is exactly searching for

Great now time to torture I mean teach you *has us reverse summoned to Ryuchi Cave* Now, since you've chosen the snake sage mode, we will need to do this the hard way!

*Performs a handseal and summons a bed of incredebly sharp six feet tall spikes, with one twelve foot tall spike in the middle*

Take a stone slab from the pile, and sit on the taller spike, gain your balance and maintain absolute stillness.

It looks simpler than it is, believe me
Are SSM users allowed to start with two clones collecting natural energy in Ryuchi Cave like TSM users can for Mt. Myobokuzan?

Orochimaru takes a stone slab from the pile indicated and makes his way to the bed of spikes. Carefully he leaps over the smaller spikes and grasps onto the side of the taller spike while holding the stone slab in his other hand. He then hoists the slab into position and flips up onto it, as he lands upon it the slab wobbles dangerously and h takes a moment to gain his balance.

The Sannin then carefully sits down upon the center of the slab while maintaining his balance. He then closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, he lets it out relaxing all of his muscles and regulates his breathing. He focuses mentally on emptying everything from his mind as he strains his other senses to focus on his surroundings. He then seeks to maintain this state, relaxed, focused and balanced atop the spike.

Korra.

Sage of Snakes
Supreme
Kin
2,212💸
Kumi
4,343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Are SSM users allowed to start with two clones collecting natural energy in Ryuchi Cave like TSM users can for Mt. Myobokuzan?

Orochimaru takes a stone slab from the pile indicated and makes his way to the bed of spikes. Carefully he leaps over the smaller spikes and grasps onto the side of the taller spike while holding the stone slab in his other hand. He then hoists the slab into position and flips up onto it, as he lands upon it the slab wobbles dangerously and h takes a moment to gain his balance.

The Sannin then carefully sits down upon the center of the slab while maintaining his balance. He then closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, he lets it out relaxing all of his muscles and regulates his breathing. He focuses mentally on emptying everything from his mind as he strains his other senses to focus on his surroundings. He then seeks to maintain this state, relaxed, focused and balanced atop the spike.
It doesnt say so in the rules so I would go with a no but other SM users are making cjs to get around it xd

*throws a rock at you*

Good. Now try in this state to feel the flow of the ecosystem around you. The plants, insects and animals, all in sync with each other. The energy which all these things give off, that is what you need to find and tap into. Eventually you will be able to draw on it, but first sense it.

Houdinii

Elite
Kin
738💸
Kumi
4,046💴
Trait Points
33⚔️
Awards
It doesnt say so in the rules so I would go with a no but other SM users are making cjs to get around it xd

*throws a rock at you*

Good. Now try in this state to feel the flow of the ecosystem around you. The plants, insects and animals, all in sync with each other. The energy which all these things give off, that is what you need to find and tap into. Eventually you will be able to draw on it, but first sense it.
*Gets hit in the head but ignores bleeding.*

Listening to his teacher carefully Orochimaru maintains his relaxed position upon the flat stone. Keeping careful check on his balance he attempts to open himself up to the environment by quieting his mind and focusing upon his senses, specifically his senses of hearing and touch. By doing so he attempts to take stock of the environment, listening and attempting to feel the world around him.

Last edited:

Korra.

Sage of Snakes
Supreme
Kin
2,212💸
Kumi
4,343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must now draw on this flow, pulling the energy inside your body and balancing it equally with your spiritual and physical energies in a 1:1:1 ratio.
Too little natural energy and nothing happens, too much and.... It will kill you. *Dun Dun Dun *

Houdinii

Elite
Kin
738💸
Kumi
4,046💴
Trait Points
33⚔️
Awards
You must now draw on this flow, pulling the energy inside your body and balancing it equally with your spiritual and physical energies in a 1:1:1 ratio.
Too little natural energy and nothing happens, too much and.... It will kill you. *Dun Dun Dun *
Hearing that this could potentially kill him, Orochimaru is slightly startled slightly by the revelation, causing his slab to wobble before he regains his composure. Taking a few deep breaths he settles himself before he opens himself up to the environment, focusing himself into the mind state that allows him to feel the environment and the surrounding energies.

The Sannin then attempts to draw those energies into himself with chakra, cautious at first he draws only a small amount until he gets a better feel for the process. He would then begin to pull in larger amounts, attempting to balance it equally with the other energies of his body.

Korra.

Sage of Snakes
Supreme
Kin
2,212💸
Kumi
4,343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright since your Oro its easier for you to go into SM so not gonna do teh do it again part xd

Type: Offensive, Supplementary
Range: Short - Long
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: 60
Description: This technique allows the user to control things that have no life functions by gifting them with some of their own life force, allowing the user to freely manipulate the substance according to their will. The extent of the user's control goes beyond normal manipulation through chakra, meaning that even drastic alterations to the immediate environment can occur both suddenly and unexpectedly, making attacks using this method extremely difficult to avoid. Intense heat such as that produced by the flames of Amaterasu can counter the effects of this technique, causing affected inorganic materials to revert to their previous state.
Note: Effects of the technique last two turns and can only be used while on Snake Sage Mode.

This is the only technique for the Snake Sage Mode, so we'll learn it before your time in this state runs out. This technique is very potent, allowing you to impart a portion of your "life" force (done with your fine balance into Natural Energy) into the environment around you. Fairly useless in plain fields, this technique is fueled by creativity rather than strength. By donating your life force to nearby inanimate objects, you gain full control over them (looking at the , your degree of control is quite ridiculous). Different from techniques that manipulate nature with chakra, this has no limitations as elements do. You don't even have to follow normal restrictions of the environment or object (as seen, Kabuto was able to curve the earth as if it were some form of fabric, as well as grow stone spikes). You can cause the environment to change in linear movements (such as Kabuto did - just simple changes like the spikes coming closer and the roof and floor changing to get Itachi into position) so fast that even the Sharingan has difficulty keeping up (Itachi had time to create a Susano'o arm to protect Sasuke, but couldn't also form more of Susano'o to protect himself). This technique overall is great, and I personally would like to use it in a forest to get an army of Ents on my side.
Now, this technique has a few certain restrictions. First of all, you can't make things "fly" - magically levitating for no obvious reason. You also can't control anything that is living, which would include animals of all kind and humans. Plants are acceptable.
As for its weaknesses, powerful flames such as Amaterasu (given the rank it's been granted in the RP, I'd also say S-rank flame) can disrupt your energy and return the objects/environment to their normal state. But aside from that, weaknesses are a case-by-case system.

So, why don't you perform it, show me an example of how you'd use it (in your performance), and then ask any questions you have about this technique, or SSM in general.

Houdinii

Elite
Kin
738💸
Kumi
4,046💴
Trait Points
33⚔️
Awards
Alright since your Oro its easier for you to go into SM so not gonna do teh do it again part xd

Type: Offensive, Supplementary
Range: Short - Long
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: 60
Description: This technique allows the user to control things that have no life functions by gifting them with some of their own life force, allowing the user to freely manipulate the substance according to their will. The extent of the user's control goes beyond normal manipulation through chakra, meaning that even drastic alterations to the immediate environment can occur both suddenly and unexpectedly, making attacks using this method extremely difficult to avoid. Intense heat such as that produced by the flames of Amaterasu can counter the effects of this technique, causing affected inorganic materials to revert to their previous state.
Note: Effects of the technique last two turns and can only be used while on Snake Sage Mode.

This is the only technique for the Snake Sage Mode, so we'll learn it before your time in this state runs out. This technique is very potent, allowing you to impart a portion of your "life" force (done with your fine balance into Natural Energy) into the environment around you. Fairly useless in plain fields, this technique is fueled by creativity rather than strength. By donating your life force to nearby inanimate objects, you gain full control over them (looking at the , your degree of control is quite ridiculous). Different from techniques that manipulate nature with chakra, this has no limitations as elements do. You don't even have to follow normal restrictions of the environment or object (as seen, Kabuto was able to curve the earth as if it were some form of fabric, as well as grow stone spikes). You can cause the environment to change in linear movements (such as Kabuto did - just simple changes like the spikes coming closer and the roof and floor changing to get Itachi into position) so fast that even the Sharingan has difficulty keeping up (Itachi had time to create a Susano'o arm to protect Sasuke, but couldn't also form more of Susano'o to protect himself). This technique overall is great, and I personally would like to use it in a forest to get an army of Ents on my side.
Now, this technique has a few certain restrictions. First of all, you can't make things "fly" - magically levitating for no obvious reason. You also can't control anything that is living, which would include animals of all kind and humans. Plants are acceptable.
As for its weaknesses, powerful flames such as Amaterasu (given the rank it's been granted in the RP, I'd also say S-rank flame) can disrupt your energy and return the objects/environment to their normal state. But aside from that, weaknesses are a case-by-case system.

So, why don't you perform it, show me an example of how you'd use it (in your performance), and then ask any questions you have about this technique, or SSM in general.
Orochimaru would gaze at his surroundings as he finds himself in a new hyper-aware state, gifted to him through senjutsu. With his heightened senses Orochimaru continues to listen as his teacher speaks, adjusting to the new influx of information. As he concludes his instructions Orochimaru nods and focuses on the task at hand.

To begin the Sannin would focus his senjutsu chakra into the ground around his target, building up a good amount there. By doing so he gifts the earth with his life force itself, allowing him great freedom of choice as to how he would like to attack. He manipulates the earth to elongate and form a single tendril that emerges from the earth, it begins to wrap around the target from the legs first like a serpent. This would keep them from moving as the earthen tendril proceeds to crush the life out of them.

As for questions I don't have any specifically about this technique, it was a good explanation. I do have a question about SSM though, it gives us access to snake anatomy but would we be able to manifest the more advanced aspects of snakes? Such as the heat pits that allow them to sense heat sources?

Korra.

Sage of Snakes
Supreme
Kin
2,212💸
Kumi
4,343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Orochimaru would gaze at his surroundings as he finds himself in a new hyper-aware state, gifted to him through senjutsu. With his heightened senses Orochimaru continues to listen as his teacher speaks, adjusting to the new influx of information. As he concludes his instructions Orochimaru nods and focuses on the task at hand.

To begin the Sannin would focus his senjutsu chakra into the ground around his target, building up a good amount there. By doing so he gifts the earth with his life force itself, allowing him great freedom of choice as to how he would like to attack. He manipulates the earth to elongate and form a single tendril that emerges from the earth, it begins to wrap around the target from the legs first like a serpent. This would keep them from moving as the earthen tendril proceeds to crush the life out of them.

As for questions I don't have any specifically about this technique, it was a good explanation. I do have a question about SSM though, it gives us access to snake anatomy but would we be able to manifest the more advanced aspects of snakes? Such as the heat pits that allow them to sense heat sources?
Nope cant do that ^^ ony the blocking out your vision and stuff kabuto showed in the manga