Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Which is stronger version of Jiraiya?

1. Summoning only
This version can only use summoning and summons in combat. Techniques done in conjunction with summons are not allowed.

2. No summons
All techniques besides summoning techniques are allowed. Techniques done in conjunction with summons are not allowed.

3. Sage Mode
He has Sage Toads on his shoulders, keeping him in Sage Mode. Techniques done in conjunction with summons are not allowed, besides maintaining Sage Mode

What say you?

Kisameeeeee

Kin
99💸
Kumi
69💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is........quite a weird matchup, first time I saw one like this, well anyway, I'm tempted to say Sage Mode because of all the benefits: Sensing, SUPER strength, arguably stronger jutsu but Jiraiya isn't too good with Sage Mode.....then again, Dark Swamp might be a problem.......It's hard thinking of a character when in a matchup like this, with characters like Obito its easy because his power ups are rather distinct depending on the version, Jiraiya though.......he's not the strongest character so taking integral factors from him surely complicates things, I can't think of a definitive answer. What about you, in your opinion, which is the strongest version? With the conditions of course.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is........quite a weird matchup, first time I saw one like this, well anyway, I'm tempted to say Sage Mode because of all the benefits: Sensing, SUPER strength, arguably stronger jutsu but Jiraiya isn't too good with Sage Mode.....then again, Dark Swamp might be a problem.......It's hard thinking of a character when in a matchup like this, with characters like Obito its easy because his power ups are rather distinct depending on the version, Jiraiya though.......he's not the strongest character so taking integral factors from him surely complicates things, I can't think of a definitive answer. What about you, in your opinion, which is the strongest version? With the conditions of course.
Summons, as i already consider them as strong as Jiraiya himself on their own.

Fighting with multiple allies is also useful as that's how Akatsuki were defeated - strategy and tactics

Reactions: Kisameeeeee

Kisameeeeee

Kin
99💸
Kumi
69💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Summons, as i already consider them as strong as Jiraiya himself on their own.

Fighting with multiple allies is also useful as that's how Akatsuki were defeated - strategy and tactics
I thought that myself but then I remembered how Sage Mode Jiraiya fared against Pain's summons, he did rather well, especially with his strength. Jiraiya with one kick was able to defeat that Ox summon but I see advantages of summoning, he does have quite a few and they're rather powerful. Actually....yeah, I do see Summoning winning as Sage Mode Jiraiya alone didn't seem to have much Jutsu, and any he did have would doubtedly be able to one shot like Gamabunta, except maybe Giant Rasengan because it's apparently "mountain level". Even so, he has more summonings and tactically, while Sage Mode Jiraiya is most certainly stronger than a base Jiraiya, tactically they should be the same, though you could argue Ma and Pa might give the tactical advantage as they seem to be the smartest of the toads, at least in my opinion. Even so, I think after a good fight summoning Jiraiya would win. I would honestly wanna see that fight animated though. 😂😂😂
Post automatically merged:

Reactions: Infant

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I thought that myself but then I remembered how Sage Mode Jiraiya fared against Pain's summons, he did rather well, especially with his strength. Jiraiya with one kick was able to defeat that Ox summon but I see advantages of summoning, he does have quite a few and they're rather powerful. Actually....yeah, I do see Summoning winning as Sage Mode Jiraiya alone didn't seem to have much Jutsu, and any he did have would doubtedly be able to one shot like Gamabunta, except maybe Giant Rasengan because it's apparently "mountain level". Even so, he has more summonings and tactically, while Sage Mode Jiraiya is most certainly stronger than a base Jiraiya, tactically they should be the same, though you could argue Ma and Pa might give the tactical advantage as they seem to be the smartest of the toads, at least in my opinion. Even so, I think after a good fight summoning Jiraiya would win. I would honestly wanna see that fight animated though. 😂😂😂
Now that i think about it, dont the summons also use NE?

That implies they also are in SM, maybe? Well, it may not matter because their level is the same.

Im siding with them because Orochimaru considered Manda a threat, which implies that individual summons are very strong.

Kisameeeeee

Kin
99💸
Kumi
69💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

That implies they also are in SM, maybe? Well, it may not matter because their level is the same.

Im siding with them because Orochimaru considered Manda a threat, which implies that individual summons are very strong.
Well, Pa was able to pick up Gamabunta so at the very least you could assume they could augment their likely large amounts of strength, at least the big ones. But they are definitely powerful, Gamabunta contending with Shukaku, a Tailed Beast. Albeit he was brought about with the Feigning Sleep technique so you could say he was weaker, and he did seem to be the weakest of the Tailed Beast but with if you have one of many summonings being Low Tailed Beast level, then you have quite the powerful assets.

Well, Pa was able to pick up Gamabunta so at the very least you could assume they could augment their likely large amounts of strength, at least the big ones. But they are definitely powerful, Gamabunta contending with Shukaku, a Tailed Beast. Albeit he was brought about with the Feigning Sleep technique so you could say he was weaker, and he did seem to be the weakest of the Tailed Beast but with if you have one of many summonings being Low Tailed Beast level, then you have quite the powerful assets.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Well, he was called a sage, suggesting he was different.

But nonetheless, even if Gamabunta is also a sage, it just explains why he is so strong, it doesn't say that he can be even stronger. This is because he already has showings that prove his level of power, so no reasoning can push him above that.

I also disagree that Shukaku is the weakest tailed beast.

His powers and form make him the most powerful in my opinion.

Some say he cant use a tailed beast bomb, but simple logic (the name is TAILED BEAST Bomb) and reasoning (he never got the chance and/or he chose not to, similar to how you wouldn't use a gun if you are fighting a child, as well as the risk of it exploding on to Gaara would kill both of them) suggest otherwise.

But in terms of what Gamabunta fought, then that was defintely weaker because of Gaara, in my view

Kisameeeeee

Kin
99💸
Kumi
69💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, he was called a sage, suggesting he was different.

But nonetheless, even if Gamabunta is also a sage, it just explains why he is so strong, it doesn't say that he can be even stronger. This is because he already has showings that prove his level of power, so no reasoning can push him above that.

I also disagree that Shukaku is the weakest tailed beast.

His powers and form make him the most powerful in my opinion.

Some say he cant use a tailed beast bomb, but simple logic (the name is TAILED BEAST Bomb) and reasoning (he never got the chance and/or he chose not to, similar to how you wouldn't use a gun if you are fighting a child, as well as the risk of it exploding on to Gaara would kill both of them) suggest otherwise.

But in terms of what Gamabunta fought, then that was defintely weaker because of Gaara, in my view
. Well, Shukaku does seem to be the least impressive out of all the Tailed Beast but considering they're as diverse as each of their abilities, it's hard to rank the Tailed Beast. Except the obvious, like the Nine Tails being the strongest and Eight Tails possibly being behind, but everything else at least to me seems very debatable. In any case, even if Shukaku was the weakest, and in a assumingly weakened form, that still makes Gumabunta Tailed Beast level and having multiple summons comparable to Gumabunta surely gives Summons Jiraiya the advantage.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
. Well, Shukaku does seem to be the least impressive out of all the Tailed Beast but considering they're as diverse as each of their abilities, it's hard to rank the Tailed Beast. Except the obvious, like the Nine Tails being the strongest and Eight Tails possibly being behind, but everything else at least to me seems very debatable. In any case, even if Shukaku was the weakest, and in a assumingly weakened form, that still makes Gumabunta Tailed Beast level and having multiple summons comparable to Gumabunta surely gives Summons Jiraiya the advantage.
I agree with his general level being high, Gamabunta

However, if the weakest of them in a weakened state can match him, then he is below their level.

Lets say Shukaku is the weakest and his level is 90. A weakened Shukaku will be something like 60, definitely below 90. If Gamabunta then struggles to match 60, then he is not anywhere close to 90, which is true tailed beast minimum level.

The only question is whether Shukaku was so far weakened that Gamabunta can't be anywhere close to his true level. It also matters whether it is acurate to measure levels by the outcome of fights, since we know Suigetsu would beat Jugo who would beat Omoi who would beat Suigetsu because of counters, not because of levels