[Theory] Jigen’s power (theory and open discussion)

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
-I believe that Jigen’s ability is to either “copy and paste” things that he’s either placed a seal on or things that he’s dedicated to memory.

Or

-His ability is a time-space/reality genjutsu (an izanagi-esque) technique to:
isolate a portion of reality (select/highlight), retain it in a different plane of existence (copy the isolated portion of reality to the “clipboard”), and then he’s able summon the aforementioned portion into the real world at will (pasting the retained portion of reality into real world).​

For the second description, we’ll use the table that Delta kicked over, which caused Jigen to make another appear. Jigen would have had to isolate the area encompassing the table in its entirety (including the dishes, his food and wine), and retain it in a different plane of existence prior to Delta kicking it over. And since the “copy” was retained on a different plane, Delta’s actions wouldn’t affect the “copy”, it only affected the table in the real world. Jigen can essentially “undo” something if he’s “copied” the subject before alterations were made to it.

A possible drawback being the amount of time that he’s able to keep the “copy” in existence on the other plane (Limbo-like criteria), ex: The “copied subject” can only be “pasted” within 3 minutes, otherwise Jigen isn’t able to summon it into reality.

Anyway, I could be totally wrong but what do you guys think his ability is? If possible, elaborate on it in great detail.

I typed this at 4 am, excuse the wonky explanations

Last edited:
Reactions: Rohan

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,031💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
-I believe that Jigen’s ability is to either “copy and paste” things that he’s either placed a seal on or things that he’s dedicated to memory.

Or

-His ability is a time-space/reality genjutsu (an izanagi-esque) technique to:
isolate a portion of reality (select/highlight), retain it in a different plane of existence (copy the isolated portion of reality to the “clipboard”), and then he’s able summon the aforementioned portion into the real world at will (pasting the retained portion of reality into real world).​

For the second description, we’ll use the table that Delta kicked over, which caused Jigen to make another appear. Jigen would have had to isolate the area encompassing the table in its entirety (including the dishes, his food and wine), and retain it in a different plane of existence prior to Delta kicking it over. And since the “copy” was retained on a different plane, Delta’s actions wouldn’t affect the “copy”, it only affected the table in the real world. Jigen can essentially “undo” something if he’s “copied” the subject before alterations were made to it.

A possible drawback being the amount of time that he’s able to keep the “copy” in existence on the other plane (Limbo-like criteria), ex: The “copied subject” can only be “pasted” within 3 minutes, otherwise Jigen isn’t able to summon it into reality.

Anyway, I could be totally wrong but what do you guys think his ability is? If possible, elaborate on it in great detail.

I typed this at 4 am, excuse the wonky explanations
Interesting theory, you could be right. Maybe this is why he is as powerful as Naruto.

Reactions: Animegoin

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nah, you adding in elaborate just warded me off because there's really not much to elaborate on as I see it. I just view it as plain creation.
Kara's techniques seem to originate from the aliens, so it would make thematic sense for him to have something similar to creation of all things. Delta even mentions that Amado could restore Kawaki's arm despite its inability to be regenerated, and there is possible overlap in their abilities thanks to modifications such as Delta's absorption.

Only reason I'm not a fan of your copying is that it would naturally come with the restriction of not applying to living things, but he could still spawn the potted plant and other organic material like his food.

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Interesting theory, you could be right. Maybe this is why he is as powerful as Naruto.
We can only assume, however this is of course only one of Jigen’s many abilities. Do you have a theory of how his “reality warping” ability works?

Nah, you adding in elaborate just warded me off because there's really not much to elaborate on as I see it. I just view it as plain creation.
Kara's techniques seem to originate from the aliens, so it would make thematic sense for him to have something similar to creation of all things. Delta even mentions that Amado could restore Kawaki's arm despite its inability to be regenerated, and there is possible overlap in their abilities thanks to modifications such as Delta's absorption.

Only reason I'm not a fan of your copying is that it would naturally come with the restriction of not applying to living things, but he could still spawn the potted plant and other organic material like his food.
I don’t see what you mean because Kara’s techniques originate from Ninja tools primarily. Thus far Jigen and Kawaki are the only ones with Otsutsuki power, and also no alien Otsutsuki has ever had any variation of COAT (true izanagi). Delta mentioning Amado being able to restore Kawaki’s arm would fall more into the expertise of Ninja tools and biology. Remember they had placed the Leaf’s Lead scientist under a genjutsu and stole information from him and more than likely had him collaborate on several projects. It doesn’t hint at Otsutsuki sourced power at all, imo.

That’s why I opened this up for debate and asked people to voice their own opinions on the matter of how they believe his powers work. However, the plant being copied shouldn’t deter you since the plant could easily be fake. His food being copied also isn’t excluded since it isn’t living and btw, who’s to say that living beings can’t be copied? Madara’s Limbo “clones” weren’t copies, they were literally him. If Jigen’s powers work similarly to Limbo then nothing is off limits.

Last edited:

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,031💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We can only assume, however this is of course only one of Jigen’s many abilities. Do you have a theory of how his “reality warping” ability works?

I don’t see what you mean because Kara’s techniques originate from Ninja tools primarily. Thus far Jigen and Kawaki are the only ones with Otsutsuki power, and also no alien Otsutsuki has ever had any variation of COAT (true izanagi). Delta mentioning Amado being able to restore Kawaki’s arm would fall more into the expertise of Ninja tools and biology. Remember they had placed the Leaf’s Lead scientist under a genjutsu and stole information from him and more than likely had him collaborate on several projects. It doesn’t hint at Otsutsuki involvement at all, imo.

That’s why I opened this up for debate and asked people to voice their own opinions on the matter of how they believe his powers work. However, the plant being copied shouldn’t deter you since the plant could easily be fake. His food being copied also isn’t excluded since it isn’t living and btw, who’s to say that living beings can’t be copied? Madara’s Limbo “clones” weren’t copies, they were literally him. If Jigen’s powers work similarly to Limbo then nothing is off limits.
It could be a combination of Limbo and Kamui.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don’t see what you mean because Kara’s techniques originate from Ninja tools primarily. Thus far Jigen and Kawaki are the only ones with Otsutsuki power, and also no alien Otsutsuki has ever had any variation of COAT (true izanagi).
Absorption comes with the Rinnegan, and Boruto gains Karma, which also happens to absorb, from an alien. Hagoromo's Rinnegan granted him creation of all things. Naruto gained regeneration from Hagoromo, and now Boruto's Karma seal may be showing regeneration. There's a lot of coincidences lining up.
Delta mentioning Amado being able to restore Kawaki’s arm would fall more into the expertise of Ninja tools and biology. Remember they had placed the Leaf’s Lead scientist under a genjutsu and stole information from him and more than likely had him collaborate on several projects. It doesn’t hint at Otsutsuki sourced power at all, imo.
I agree that it's likelier for Amado's capability to fall more in line with his profession than an ability, but I'm not scratching out other possibilities.

That’s why I opened this up for debate and asked people to voice their own opinions on the matter of how they believe his powers work. However, the plant being copied shouldn’t deter you since the plant could easily be fake. His food being copied also isn’t excluded since it isn’t living
Agreed on the possibility.
and btw, who’s to say that living beings can’t be copied? Madara’s Limbo “clones” weren’t copies, they were literally him. If Jigen’s powers work similarly to Limbo then nothing is off limits.
Kawaki's importance. He'd have multiple Kawaki if he could create copies and this Kawaki wouldn't have so much importance when he only needs one.

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Absorption comes with the Rinnegan, and Boruto gains Karma, which also happens to absorb, from an alien. Hagoromo's Rinnegan granted him creation of all things. Naruto gained regeneration from Hagoromo, and now Boruto's Karma seal may be showing regeneration. There's a lot of coincidences lining up.

I agree that it's likelier for Amado's capability to fall more in line with his profession than an ability, but I'm not scratching out other possibilities.

Agreed on the possibility.

Kawaki's importance. He'd have multiple Kawaki if he could create copies and this Kawaki wouldn't have so much importance when he only needs one.
-Ah, you meant that the Ninja tools that Karma uses are based off of Otsutsuki abilities. In that case yes, but again only Jigen’s ability originated from an Otsutsuki; everyone else in Kara uses ninja tools as far as we know.

-Fair enough

-Very well

-That’s true, but if Jigen’s technique is like limbo, then human beings that he’s “copied” could only stay in existence for a short time before vanishing. Making the real Kawaki indispensable .

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Creation of all things in a reverse version like Izanagi. I think it only works on inanimate objects, in theory they shouldn't have lifeforce. He can purely use the yin part to create the genjutsu world. Like Madara showed Obito how IT would work. He can use the Yang part to create a regenerating or modifying ability for the body, and the two together for his manifestation ability. I think his ability can literally extend to an area affect if we take genjutsu world into consideration, and how he used it when Delta wrecked the table and other things.