Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Jarvisuomi

Three rivers meet in Jarvisuomi, surrounded by a relatively flat area composed of grass, rocky hills and groves of woodland. People of many different professions and backgrounds make their home here, in relative peace and prosperity. These include a number of glassmakers who have built a large compound of workshops near the base of the mountains at the area’s northwestern edge, supplying stained and clear glass to the region, and refugees from the North Eastern regions of the Lightning Mountains who have built a number of small settlements in the days since the Cataclysm.

Last edited by a moderator:

El Alucard

Veteran
Kin
2,077💸
Kumi
779💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from [X]
This post marks the beginning of my mission with the following storyboard element(s):
- Terrorize a large community (A-Rank)
Summary: Faye has lost control of her genki after having troubles with them for weeks and becomes possessed.

Keleano lands on the outskirts of a village within the Jarvisuomi area. There’s a warm calm breeze blowing about clean air infused with a gentle yet noticeable scent of grass.

Thank you Kel, that will be all. Faye says as hops off the Cardinal’s back and onto the ground.

The large bird poofs away in a cloud of smoke shortly after and Faye begins making her way towards the village. The day was bright but the Katsuryoku girl’s mood wasn’t. Iris reacted to her mood by becoming a dark hooded cloak that would proceed to hide Faye’s appearance. This of course drew more attention to her, as she entered the village its inhabitants would begin to murmur and point wondering who the hooded figure was.
The attention would however begin to lessen the further into the village she went and the murmurs would turn to indistinct chatter all around as she approached the village center.
As Faye made her way through the crowded streets in search of a quiet tavern to sit in for a while, the genki in the pure realm would too begin to move about, encircling her. The sudden change would make her stop, in the middle of the bustling center, people bumping into her as they made their way about. Faye began looking around, becoming disoriented by the number of beings of the pure realm and those of the impure realm. They all seemed to be coming for her from every direction, she felt trapped and the noise just became louder. The whispers of the genki turned to deafening screeches and howls that mixed poorly with the loud noises and the indistinct chatter from the human realm.
One thing was clear, the spirits were definitely coming for her. They seemed angry, enraged, hostile, but why? As far as she knew, she hadn’t done anything wrong, she kept up with meditation, frequently entered the pure realm, to keep her spiritual link intact, never misused the genki as far as she knew so, why was all there this negative energy being directed towards her.
Faye would begin moving once more, towards nowhere. All she wanted was a quiet place where she could sit and maybe meditate but the noise was too loud. Some Genki began to phase through her, whilst others just watched. Everything began to blur and the sounds all became muffled as if she was suddenly drowning in a deep ocean. She stumbled across the streets bumping into people and things alike until it all finally went dark.

Rays of sunlight beamed down through the forest canopy causing a notably younger Faye to shade her eyes with her hands. She must’ve fallen asleep whilst meditating.
The young girl sat motionless on a small bench surrounded by trees thinking deeply about the dream she just had, what it meant and why it felt so real. Her thoughts were quickly interrupted when 3 genki of varying kuki no yona flew past her peripherals causing her to look up. A pathway formed opening the forest up to the base of Mount Katsuryoku.

It all began with a whisper.

The once beautifully clear sky which sat above the forest canopy like a dome of plasma-blue swiftly became gravel-gray as large pillows of cloud formed, eating up the old-gold color of the sun. Only a large pillar of moonlight shone down Mt.Katsuryoku like a giant signal beam. Faye would stand up walking down the dark path. On either side, genki would form from the shadows watching her silently as she walked. She got the first splatter of rain when she made it to the stairway that led up the mountain, then a wall of rain made its way over everything as if it was all dropped at the same time. The drops drummed against the canopy in the background. So much rain was falling that the sound blurred into one long, howling noise. It reminded her of the angry Genki.

Faye’s eyes snapped open as she finally woke up. Her eyes darted across the unfamiliar room, nobody around but a few genki that were moving about their business. One of them immediately took notice of the katsuryoku as she sat up, floating over to her from across the room. Faye jumped up from the bed to the top corner of the room using her chakra to stick to the wall, which prompted the unknown genki to start speaking.

Calm down girl, we’re not hostile.

Yeah up to about a few days ago, I thought so too.

You’re a Katsuryoku, feel it. Do you sense any hostility from me?

What’s going on? Why are you … they, why are they attacking me?

The unknown genki took notice of the way Faye corrected herself and began to chuckle.

You’re quite the strange one aren't you?

What?

Tell me girl, you have the power to control us at will and yet, you opted to retreat when I approached you when you could’ve easily stopped me. Why?

I do not force any soul, living or otherwise to do my bidding.

So you’ve never used any of your clan’s gifts?

I seek out those who are willing to help.

And when there aren’t?

There always are.

Let me rephrase, If there aren’t.

Then I won’t use any techniques.

Why?

A contract is made of two parties who then agree to something.

Yes, you give us chakra, you command us however you want.

Consent.

HAHAHAHAHA from chakra hungry souls? You’re a funny one.

It just doesn’t feel right.

But you don’t have to feel it, do you?

Huh?

Tell me girl, why do you think those before you honed the art of emotional control?

To avoid emotional manipulation? Faye answered somewhat uncertainly of her answer all of a sudden.

The genki sighed a deep sigh.

How are you even still alive? Your teachers have failed you.

Actually I’ve always been able to do everything since I was young. My parents died pretty early. Everything I know is mostly from scrolls from Mt.K since there’s no else as far as I know to teach me.

Well that explains all that water behind your ears.

Faye let out a small giggle before plopping onto the bed.

Ah, it likes me. The genki jokes, which made Faye laugh a little bit more.

Anyways, I suppose you’re not too wrong with your answer however it’s still surface level. As you know, Katsuryoku have to have very powerful wills in order to be proficient in anything they do within the clan.
This plays a very big part in being able to command beings of the pure realm as you have to force your will onto us and basically will us to carry out your command. Keyword command, not request.
Emotions can sometimes be a hindrance to your willpower. Especially for people like you that feel at a great capacity. If you're too busy ‘feeling’ that it’s too wrong to will us to obey you’re going to end up getting possesed.
We have wills of our own too and if you’re not strong enough we can overpower you. Command respect and it shall be yours.

But-

As you are now most genki probably don’t think you’re worthy of commanding them and your gift. I’m surprised they didn’t attempt to take your body from you sooner. I’m sure you’ve heard the whispers, perhaps visions? Questions to assert yourself? Who are you Faye Katsuryoku?

How do you know all of these things about our clan?

Not important

Uhm okay, So anyways how do I strengthen my willpower?

There are many ways but you don’t have that kind of time so we’ll have to do this the most risky way.

I think I can do it.

You need to be sure you can, child.

I am. She lied.

Just then there was a soft knock on the door before a young woman entered slowly. She had a sculpted figure which was twine-thin. Her waist was tapered and she had a burnished complexion. A pair of arched eyebrows looked down on sweeping eyelashes. Her delicate ears framed a button nose, her shadow-black hair flowed gracefully down her shoulders. Faye caught herself staring deep into her constellation-blue eyes taking note of every feature including her heart shaped lips.

Wow. That was all that Faye could muster verbally.

Hi, you fainted in front of our inn, are you alright?

Finish up this conversation girl, you’ve got things to learn.

Hi, uhm yeah. Just long travels and a bad tendency to not take care of myself. I’ll be fine after some more rest, you don’t mind do you?

Of course not, take your time. If you need anything there’s a tavern downstairs, I’ll be there.

With that the woman left, this allowing the genki to continue.

Have you ever performed a full body infusion?

No I haven’t.

Okay, so it now. However, you are to summon a more powerful genki via Spiritual liturgy and fuse with it. Failing to maintain control will result in possession and you don’t want that.

Faye hesitated for a moment before lightly slapping her cheeks and sitting down in the lotus position. She closed her eyes and centered her spiritual energy as she called forth the aspect of the polar bear.
A light wind blew through the room as she opened her eyes uttering the words.

Shirokuma no Sokumen.

(Seishin Tenrei) Δ Spiritual Liturgy
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short – Long
Chakra: 40
Damage:N/A
Description: This technique is purposed to summon specialized spirits which are unique in their ethereal characteristics compared to other spirits hailing from the Pure World. The Pure World is a separate dimension from our own and the Genki are capable of traveling freely between the dimensions and can use their ethereal energy to manipulate our world. Generally Genki are generic and uniformed. However, certain more powerful Genki carry specialized traits. These Genki are not personal spirits of members of House Katsuryoku. Each of these spirits, in addition to their own abilities, also have the standard abilities of infusion and possession to aid the user as well as basic manipulations of Ethereal Energy to create constructs, streams, etc. The Genki are listed below in their characteristics and appearance. Through a sacrifice of chakra the Katsuryoku member calls upon the greater spirit of their choosing from the Pure World to appear on the battlefield. Initially the spirit’s presence will be known only to the user. Because the spirit will have already been summoned to the field the chakra requirements of 'Testament of Buri' and 'Jorth’s Personification' are halved. Same with 'Hel’s Alignment’s'. Even if half, the user will still spend the chakra upon each use plus the normal chakra per turn to sustain the infusions. This consumes no time, allowing a spirit to be instantly summoned to the field in dire situations.

Aspect of the Tortoise; Kame no Sokumen-The first of the four specialized spirits which specializes primarily in defensive qualities. Tortoise spirits vary in size. Typically, a tortoise can at maximum size reach up to short-range, however depending on the spirit summoned it can also be smaller. As mentioned the tortoise offers many defensive qualities, which the user can utilize in battle through either object infusion, partial infusion, or full body infusion.
Object Infusion: Infusing the spirit of the tortoise into an inanimate object will coat it in its ethereal essence, granting it defensive qualities. For example; infusing the tortoise into a simple rock will coat it in its essence, allowing the object to move of its own accord and gain the qualities of the tortoise. It also allows the user a degree of shape manipulation should the user desire. The effects of the infusion of the tortoise causes the rock to harden to a high degree and grants it defensive qualities that are within the strength of the ethereal energy (outlined in the clan submission). The object infused with the tortoise spirit will gain temporary resistance to S-Rank sources of damage.
Partial Infusion: A partial infusion with the spirit of a tortoise will allow the tortoise to lend its powers temporarily to the user. In addition to being able to grant a sixth sense, second vision, and precognition (outlined in Testament of Buri) the user themselves will also gain highly defensive qualities for the duration of the infusion, becoming able to resist A-Rank sources of damage.
Full body Infusion: The ultimate union where the spirit and host will share one mind. This also allows the tortoise to take control of the body of the host should the host be incapacitated or injured in any form. Whilst in this state the ethereal essence of a tortoise will form around the user, taking the size and shape of the tortoise spirit itself. The tortoise’s body offers an A-Rank defense while in its tangible state and will interact with elements as per outlined in the clan submission. The ethereal tortoise body formed around the user itself will possess no weight, allowing it to move as fast as the user’s body is capable of without hindering them. Additionally, all other attributes added which are outlined in the Fullbody Infusion apply.

Aspect of the Polar Bear; Shirokuma no Sokumen (シロクマの側面)- The second of the four specialized spirits which specializes primarily in offense and strength qualities. The polar bear spirits can vary in size, but will typically be large enough to fit in short-range, however depending on the spirit summoned it can also be smaller. As mentioned the polar bear prides itself on its strength. The user can access these attributes through object infusions, partial infusion, or fullbody infusion.
Object Infusion: Infusing the spirit of the polar bear into an inanimate object will coat it in its ethereal essence, granting it offensive qualities. For example; should the user infuse the polar bear into a lump of rocks it will allow it to move of its own accord and gain the qualities of the polar bear. It also allows the user a degree of shape manipulation should the user desire. The effects of the infusion of the polar bear cause the object in question to gain incredible offensive abilities. Strikes made with the infused object will result in A-Rank physical damage. For example, should the user infuse the spirit of the polar bear into a sword it will cause the sword to naturally inflict A-Rank physical damage upon contact with targets.
Partial Infusion: A partial infusion with the spirit of a polar bear will allow the polar bear to lend its powers temporarily to the user. In addition to being able to grant a sixth sense, second vision, and precognition (outlined in Testament of Buri) the user themselves will also gain highly offensive abilities for the duration of the infusion. The user’s Taijutsu, Kenjutsu, and Bukijutsu will gain +20 in damage for the duration.
Fullbody Infusion: The ultimate union where the spirit and host will share one mind. This also allows the polar bear to take control of the body of the host should the host be incapacitated or injured in any form. Whilst in this state the ethereal essence of the polar bear will form around the user taking the size and shape of the polar bear itself. While not specialized in defense the polar bear’s ethereal body in its tangible state does offer some defensive capabilities, resisting damage from C-Rank and lower sources and interacting with elements and other sources of damage as per outlined in the clan submission. The ethereal polar bear body formed around the user itself will possess no weight allowing it to move as fast as the user’s body is capable of without hindering them. The offensive abilities the polar bear grant while in this state allow strikes with its ethereal body to inflict A-Rank physical damage while in its tangible state. These strikes have a short-range reach. Additionally the user’s body becomes much stronger as well, allowing the user’s Taijutsu, Kenjutsu, and Bukijutsu to inflict +20 damage. Furthermore, all other attributes added which are outlined in the Fullbody Infusion apply.

Aspect of the Wolf; Ōkami no Sokumen (オオカミの側面)- The third of the four specialized spirits which specializes in speed. The wolf spirit can vary in size, but will typically be large enough to fit in short-range, however depending on the spirit summoned it can also be smaller. As mentioned the wolf prides itself on speed. The user can access these attributes through object infusion, partial infusion, or fullbody infusion. The spirit of the wolf itself can move quite quickly on the battlefield, being about twice as fast as a Kage-ranked ninja.
Object Infusion: Infusing the spirit of the wolf into an inanimate object will coat it in its ethereal essence, granting it agile qualities. For example; should the user infuse the wolf spirit into a lump of rocks it will allow the rocks to move on their own accord and gain the qualities of the wolf, allowing the speed of those rocks to move at twice the speed of a Kage-ranked ninja. It also allows a degree of shape manipulation should the user desire.
Partial Infusion: A partial infusion with the spirit of a wolf will allow the wolf to lend its powers temporarily to the user. In addition to being able to grant a sixth sense, second vision, and precognition (outlined in Testament of Buri) the user himself will also gain incredible speed and agility for the duration of the infusion. The user’s speed will increase to be equivalent to that of twice their normal speed. Subsequently, with the increase in speed their Taijutsu damage will be increased by +10.
Full body Infusion: The ultimate union where the spirit and host will share one mind. This also allows the wolf to take control of the body of the host should the host be incapacitated or injured in any form. Whilst in this state the ethereal essence of the wolf will form around the user, taking the size and shape of the wolf itself. While not specialized in defense the wolf’s ethereal body in its tangible state does offer some defensive capabilities, resisting damage from C-Rank and lower sources and interacting with elements and other sources of damage as per outlined in the clan submission. The ethereal wolf body formed around the user itself will possess no weight allowing it to move without hindering the user. Additionally the user’s body and the wolf will become able to move at three times the user’s base speed. Strikes made by the user and the wolf have a short-range reach and allows the user’s Taijutsu to gain +10 in damage. Furthermore, all other attributes added which are outlined in the Full body Infusion apply.

Aspect of the Chameleon; Kamereon no Sokumen (タコの側面)
The fourth of the specialized spirits which specializes in pure supplementary uses. The Chameleon spirit can vary in size but will typically be large enough to fit in short-range, however depending on the spirit summoned can also be smaller. As mentioned the Chameleon prides itself on its supplementary applications in battle. Its capability to change to various colors attunes with the user's elemental affinity in a variety of ways. The user can access these attributes themselves through object infusion, partial infusion, or full body infusion.
Object Infusion: Infusing the spirit of the chameleon into an inanimate object will coat it in its ethereal essence, granting qualities pertaining the wielder's elemental affinity. For example; should the user infuse the chameleon spirit into a lump of rocks it will allow the rocks to move on their own accord and gain the qualities of the elemental affinity chosen, allowing said infusion to carry the properties of their elemental affinity, donning said object that is infused with a flame-like shroud of chakra donning the object. It also allows a degree of shape manipulation should the user desire.
Partial Infusion: A partial infusion with the spirit of a chameleon will allow the chameleon to lend its powers temporarily to the user. In addition to being able to grant a sixth sense, second vision, and precognition (outlined in Testament of Buri) the user himself will also gain a boon affiltrated to their elemental affinity. The user’s elemental affinity will increase equivalently to give a +15 damage.
Fullbody Infusion: The ultimate union where the spirit and host will share one mind. This also allows the chameleon to take control of the body of the host should the host be incapacitated or injured in any form. Whilst in this state the ethereal essence of the chameleon will form around the user, taking the size and shape of the chameleon itself. While not specialized in defense, attack or agile speed as previously mentioned Genkis, the chameleon's ethereal body will remain in an intangible state, and does not offer some defensive capabilities, unlike the other variations of this technique. The ethereal chameleon body formed around the user itself would naturally possess no weight allowing it to move without hindering the user. Additionally the chameleon will further aid the user by giving another boon all entirely, however still affiltrated with the user's elemental affinity. After full body infusing with the chameleon it will grant powers alike to those in its partial infusion, however on top of so make devoid of all hand signs and replace such with movements, hand gestures, and otherwise still warn-giving signs. This of course only pertains the users affinity. Furthermore, all other attributes added which are outlined in the Full body Infusion apply.
''Seishin Tenrai'' is not an exception of restrictions, and as such the user is capable of only summoning two Genkis per battle. Different Genkis can't be summoned at the same time. If the user attempts 2 Full body Infusions in battle (ofc with different spirits), he'll die at the end of the second infusion. Should a Genki while under the influence of Object Infusion sustain damage, it is capable of receding from the object in time, and remain on the field for further use. A particular Genki can at maximum stay on the field for 6 turns. Object infusions reduce the time on field in 1 turn per use. Partial infusions reduce the time on field in 2 turns per use. Full body infusion can only be sustained for 4 turns max(However, should there only be three turns left of the time duration or less, being Full body infused allows it to remain on the field till the four turns are over.) but prevents the use of other infusions and, when terminated, willingly or for timing out, releases the Genki back into the Pure Realm. The techniques becomes available upon receiving the rank of Katsuryoku Initiate.

Are you there child? The elderly genki asked.

There was no answer. Faye’s body sat motionless, a red aura began to flow like smoke around her body expanding ever so slightly before suddenly exploding violently. Screams and loud chatter broke out in the busy streets as some of the villagers fled from the area whilst others gathered around the smoke trying to figure out what had happened.
The entire tavern-inn had suddenly been destroyed leaving many who were inside and around heavily injured and or dead. Faye slowly stood up as the smoked cleared, revealing a large (about 2.4 m in height), glowing red, somewhat transluscent polar bear essence around her.
The villagers began to back up in fear but it was too late. Faye suddenly disappeared from their line of sight appearing next to a scared young man in the back of the crowd. Frozen in fear he couldn’t even move to look at the monster next to her. Chills raced through his entire body as bodies in front of him began to drop. A piercing scream marked the beginning of extreme chaos. The once calm and happy streets were now something akin to a warzone as crowds of people ran in panic. Everyone only looking out for them and theirs as they bumped and pushed trying to escape the area. Blood dyed the ground red as Faye went on a rampage killing everything and eveyone around her. Children, adults, stray animals, it didn’t matter as she clawed her way through flesh and bone.

Meanwhile in the deepest pits of her mind Faye found herself on the same pathway opening the forest up to the base of Mount Katsuryoku, only this time the ground was blood stained and she began to sink in the blood soaked soil. Faye struggled to get out but the more she tried the more she sank, until the earth swallowed her whole. Inside the darkness, she could hear the screams of people, she could feel the blood covering her, she could smell it, taste it. Faye could see every single person her body ripped to shreds but she couldn’t stop it no matter how hard she tried. She cried in the darkness, hopeless and helpless.

Help me! Somebody! Anybody!? Mira … please.

Nothing but darkness as he body continued its rampage. Bodies stacked as she made her way through the village.

To be continued ...

The sun finally came after what seemed to be the longest night, the air reeked of a humid death and the streets littered with corpses of loved ones, neighbours, friends, parents and their children, pets. Nothing mattered to that monster, she killed everything that stood before her regardless of who or what they were. It has only been 3 days now but it seems like it has been 3 years. The streets are quiet now but that is only because everyone is hiding in fear, those who aren’t are probably dead or wishing they were. The monster still stalks the streets looking for it’s next victim.
My little brother looked at me as we quietly made our way into a destroyed marketplace. It was risky but we had to eat, he had to eat.

I’m hungry, are we almost there yet?

Please, quietly Jiro. We’re almost there I promise.

Jiro?

Without needing to look back I already understood what that silence meant. My eyes began to tear up as sadness and anger overtook every cell in my body. With a loud angry scream I spun around attempting to thrown a punch with every bit of strength i had. I caught a glimpse of the woman engulfed in a red aura as I remembered my life, my parents, my brother.

Yet another body fell before body fell before Faye, another face for her to remember, another person’s warm blood that she could feel on her skin and do nothing about. For 3 days she has been fighting for control of her body and for 3 days she’s had to watch herself murder countless of innocence. It all seemed helpless at this point, she just wanted to rest in the warmth of the darkness that had swallowed her.

End of Mission.
LLM

Last edited: