Itachi Uchiwa

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I won't go on defining Izanami etc because we all know the definition, but the claim that Izanami can't be used on people who know their true selves isn't right.

Okay, so just try to figure out my point of view before posting your statements :

Izanami is a technique like any other, the victim is in the loop, he will realize he is in a genjutsu because of the repeated action, and he might go crazy if he didn't riddle the technique out. BUT : How to break through it, he never knows about it doesn't he ??

I mean let's say Kabuto breaks out the techn. because he accepts his destiny
but remember that he would never make it out if Itachi didn't tell him what to do to break out see what i mean ??

so in brief: Whilst under the effects of the technique, the target will stand motionlessly as the loop of events continually replays inside their mind.

Despite being able to become consciously aware of their situation and act differently, the victim is unable to significantly alter or escape from the inevitable progression of these events.

However, because this technique was created to reprimand and save the users of Izanagi, the victim is able to escape the infinite loop if they can acknowledge the real results of their actions and in doing so, accept their fate.But the question is can they "the victims" realize that Accepting the fate is the way to get out of the loop ??

thoughts? Cheers etc..

oh i forgot : i won't say it's a theory, you have to get this on your own lol

EDIT : So basically Izanami Decides the victims destiny and the only way for the victim to escape the loop: is to accept the destiny Izanami decided for him.

because izanagi users : their destiny, they changed it to what's suitable for them, so destiny can be changed, but Izanami puts a rule (the destiny) and the user, to escape the loop : HAS to Accept this Fate izanami Decided !

that';s why it's called : It decides Destiny

Last edited:
Reactions: markdabomb22

itachiEMS

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I guess you are right but these techniques were so rarely used that I doubt Kishi thought deep enough to explain what happened to those who didn't realize it. That means... we got trolled xd

-Vegeta-

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You're missing the point. The jutsu can simply be broken if one accepts their true selves, which means people like Minato, Naruto, Jiraiya, and etc it won't work on.

Izanami was created to use on Uchihas who were becoming arrogant and thus forgot their true selves, so izanami was created to stop that and make the target accept their true selves.

I believe the jutsu will simply be broken if the user already knows exactly who they are. They don't need to know how to break the jutsu.

Itachi Uchiwa

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I guess you are right but these techniques were so rarely used that I doubt Kishi thought deep enough to explain what happened to those who didn't realize it. That means... we got trolled xd
lol well i have the feeling it will be used, :cool: lol jk we got trolled by Kishi Again !

but honestly, this is one Crazy technique !(Y)

itachiEMS

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You're missing the point. The jutsu can simply be broken if one accepts their true selves, which means people like Minato, Naruto, Jiraiya, and etc it won't work on.

Izanami was created to use on Uchihas who were becoming arrogant and thus forgot their true selves, so izanami was created to stop that and make the target accept their true selves.

I believe the jutsu will simply be broken if the user already knows exactly who they are. They don't need to know how to break the jutsu.
But over this endless cycle will the user be able to visualize themselves and their goals?

Itachi Uchiwa

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

" to know who you are " that's one deep phrase don't you think? :)

well i can tell you that Kabuto knows who he is :
He is the one seeking for his true self, that's kabuto's destiny, and he is determined abt it yet he didn't break through Izanami.

Naruto : his true self is pain, hated by people, and he just Changed his true self by being friends with kurama !

So basically Izanami Decides the victims destiny and the only way for the victim to escape the loop: is to accept the destiny Izanami decided for him
see the point ?
and i can go on with all the other characters if you wish :)

Last edited:

-Vegeta-

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
" to know who you are " that's one deep phrase don't you think? :)

well i can tell you that Kabuto knows who he is :
He is the one seeking for his true self, that's kabuto's destiny, and he is determined abt it yet he didn't break through it.

Naruto : his true self is pain, hated by people, and he just Changed his true self by being friends with kurama !

So basically Izanami Decides the victims destiny and the only way for the victim to escape the loop: is to accept the destiny Izanami decided for him
see the point ?
and i can go on with all the other characters if you wish :)
No, Kabuto has tried to deceive himself into believing he's perfect when he's not and thus that is not his "True Self", which is why Itachi said he had to accept who he really is to escape from the loop.

Kabuto lost himself when the one person he truly cared about died in his adoptive mother. After that he scrambled his whole life to discover who he TRULY WAS.

Naruto knows who he is and accepts himself for what he is thus izanami shouldn't work on him(meaning he can break the loop).

Itachi Uchiwa

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, Kabuto has tried to deceive himself into believing he's perfect when he's not and thus that is not his "True Self", which is why Itachi said he had to accept who he really is to escape from the loop.

Kabuto lost himself when the one person he truly cared about died in his adoptive mother. After that he scrambled his whole life to discover who he TRULY WAS.

Naruto knows who he is and accepts himself for what he is thus izanami shouldn't work on him(meaning he can break the loop).
as i edited my first post : People can change the destiny, but Izanami decides a destiny to people, and if they want to get out of the loop they have to accept what Izanami Decides.

if itachi's point of view abt Kabuto that he is not perfect that doesn't mean he is right because itachi isnb't a god that knows what right and what's wrong,

Yet by using Izanami, he decides a destiny for Kabuto , which that the perfection he thinks he 's in, is not his true self, and he Has to accept the decided destiny by Izanami to break the loop.

phantomlord22

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
what is Izanagi ? a genjutsu cast upon the user to control or connect the boundary between Reality and illusion...

it's not just believe in your true self!!! it means believe in reality!!!
Maybe it's you life or true self and so on...

It means to accept the reality that is not suited for you and you try to consider it as the illusion...

we don't have Izanagi or Izanami in real world but the same happens for us when we are trying to lie to our selves and ignore our reality

Itachi Uchiwa

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
what is Izanagi ? a genjutsu cast upon the user to control or connect the boundary between Reality and illusion...

it's not just believe in your true self!!! it means believe in reality!!!
Maybe it's you life or true self and so on...

It means to accept the reality that is not suited for you and you try to consider it as the illusion...

we don't have Izanagi or Izanami in real world but the same happens for us when we are trying to lie to our selves and ignore our reality
"It means to accept the reality that is not suited for you and you try to consider it as the illusion..." < THANK YOU !

that's the point of izanami : Even if the destiny that the jutsu Decides isn't suitable for you, you have to accept it, to keep on living !

Reactions: phantomlord22

Maunten

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

This is not how to break the jutsu, the justu is not about picking one path it is about rejecting another.

-Vegeta-

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
as i edited my first post : People can change the destiny, but Izanami decides a destiny to people, and if they want to get out of the loop they have to accept what Izanami Decides.
Essentially izanami does decide someones destiny because it forces the user to accept their true sleves to escape the loop, which is pretty much deciding someones destiny. By your logic izanami can be exactly like KA by forcing the target to do something against their will, which is like saying it can be used on Minato to decide his destiny as a evil shinobi. The jutsu doesn't do that.

The jutsu was only created to use on Uchihas who abused izanagi and became arrogant and thus lost their "TRUE SELVES", so izanami could be used to change that by making them accept who they really are.

if itachi's point of view abt Kabuto that he is not perfect that doesn't mean he is right because itachi isnb't a god that knows what right and what's wrong,
Kabuto thinks he's perfect, but NOBODY is perfect, so essentially that can't be his "True Self", which is why Itachi said what he did.

Yet by using Izanami, he decides a destiny for Kabuto , which that the perfection he thinks he 's in, is not his true self, and he Has to accept the decided destiny by Izanami to break the loop.
Itachi's not deciding any destiny for Kabuto as he just put him in the loop. Kabuto has to decide his own destiny, not anyone else.

And again perfection is impossible for anyone as Itachi stated himself.

You must be registered for see images

And Itachi blantantly states izanami "Teaches" people not to rely on jutsu, but to accept their "OWN" destiny, not one others have chosen for them.

Anyway this is my last post since I have work.

Peace

Last edited:

TheSages456

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
izanami only works on individuals who dont know their "true self". until you accept who you are and accept your destiny then you cannot break izanami. only the fanboys try to widen the scope of izanami by saying it can catch everyone in it. izanami is useless against the majority of the characters in the series. all the protagonists characters have accepted their "true selves". madara(although arrogant) acknowledges his true self and accepts his destiny. tobi acknowledges his true self(he just doesnt care).

Itachi Uchiwa

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Essentially izanami does decide someones destiny because it forces the user to accept their true sleves to escape the loop, which is pretty much deciding someones destiny. By your logic izanami can be exactly like KA by forcing the target to do something against their will, which is like saying it can be used on Minato to decide his destiny as a evil shinobi. The jutsu doesn't do that.

The jutsu was only created to use on Uchihas who abused izanagi and became arrogant and thus lost their "TRUE SELVES", so izanami could be used to change that by making them accept who they really are.

Kabuto thinks he's perfect, but NOBODY is perfect, so essentially that can't be his "True Self", which is why Itachi said what he did.

Itachi's not deciding any destiny for Kabuto as he just put him in the loop. Kabuto has to decide his own destiny, not anyone else.

And again perfection is impossible for anyone as Itachi stated himself.

You must be registered for see images

And Itachi blantantly states izanami "Teaches" people not to rely on jutsu, but to accept their "OWN" destiny, not one others have chosen for them.

Anyway this is my last post since I have work.

Peace
"Essentially izanami does decide someones destiny because it forces the user to accept their true sleves to escape the loop, which is pretty much deciding someones destiny" - agreed but here's the point : their "True selves" is just from the izanami user's point of view. Kabuto had two choices in his life : To be weak Kabito or strong Orochi.
He chose the second choice, and Itachi finds it the wrong choice.
Thus Izanami Worked on kabuto.

but just basically to make this clear, as long as the Victim doesn't know that he has to acknowledge himself to escape the loop, he Will REMAIN in the loop,

to simplify it : you know that the door must be opened with a key, but the problem that you can't find the key, thus you will never get out no matter how hard you tried.

i believe this clarifies things, Izanami's weakness isn't obvious, although it's easy to break through Izanami. that's why it's considered as Kinjutsu , because when the victim knows how to break through it, he easily will do, but my point is : He will never break through it, That's why Izanami is the jutsu that Decides destiny.

izanami only works on individuals who dont know their "true self". until you accept who you are and accept your destiny then you cannot break izanami. only the fanboys try to widen the scope of izanami by saying it can catch everyone in it. izanami is useless against the majority of the characters in the series. all the protagonists characters have accepted their "true selves". madara(although arrogant) acknowledges his true self and accepts his destiny. tobi acknowledges his true self(he just doesnt care).
useless if they know how to break through it, if they do not, it's one crazy kinjutsu. #SameAsAbove