"It's Not A Cartoon, It's Anime!!"

Pretium

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's What A Girl At My School Told My Girl Friend When She Asked If Spirited Away Was A Cartoon, The Girl Even Went On To Laugh About It With Her Friend, She Seemed To Sound Very Cool, Right?? Nope!! Anime Is Just Cartoons From Japan, So, It Was A Fail On Her Part, Has A Situation Like This Ever Happened To You?? Do You Know Any Super 'Otaku' Kids Who Are Just "Sooo Into 'Anime,' But Don't Watch 'Cartoons'"??

Jack Spicer

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey, Stop Typing Like This.

I agree with her. Anime and cartoon are different. Same basis, but different. You're right too. It's cartoons from Japans, but I prefer to separate it and call like Bleach anime and Spongebob cartoons.

And nope, I don't know anyone like that.

UchihaBrat

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's far more practical to call it anime rather than a cartoon, simply because cartoons to most people outside of Japan, isn't anime.

Pretium

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey, Stop Typing Like This.

I agree with her. Anime and cartoon are different. Same basis, but different. You're right too. It's cartoons from Japans, but I prefer to separate it and call like Bleach anime and Spongebob cartoons.

And nope, I don't know anyone like that.
Hey, Sorry, My Typing Tends To Offend People Sometimes, And, They Are Just A Type Of Cartoon, I'm Sure The French Word For Cartoon Would Be Used For French Cartoons If They Were Popular In North America

Ebi..

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Some of your sentences make no sense, I only understood what you were talking about till Jack posted, And no, anime and cartoons are different, yes they are somewhat similar but anime are generally for the older audience while cartoons are more directed towards children and such, also cartoons are commonly created to to educate the children while anime actually has a story to it.

lubricati0n

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Anime and cartoons are similar. Anime is pretty much cartoons, but what sets them apart is the style of animation and also themes intended for an older audience.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
America Has More Adult Cartoons As Well, They Are Still Cartoons (Animated Movies/TV Shows)
we dont mean adult as in sexual and swearing, we mean more mature. theres some key differences between the two

anime follows a story, where the episodes always tie in with the previous

anime is more complex while cartoons, even the adult ones, require no thought

cartoons have inconsistencies. anime has some too, but much much less than cartoons

anime is much more diverse

while anime and cartoons are similar due to being animated, they are not the same thing. by the logic youre using, talk shows and movies are the same since both are live action

Sasunarufan13

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I like to keep the difference between them. Anime is Japanese cartoons yes, but you can see the difference between anime and American cartoons. It's just not the same thing.
Like some stated already: anime follows a story, the episodes follow each other up; if you don't watch a few episodes, you can get quite lost with the story. Plus the way they are animated is different too, but that can be just me. Either way, I can immediately tell if it's anime or cartoon just by looking at how they are animated. *shrugs*
Cartoons however can be watched on their own because they don't follow each other up.
And please keep the capital letters where they are supposed to be: at the beginning of a sentence and with names of characters, cities, etc. The other words don't need a capital.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Anime is just a japanese abbreviated pronunciation of "animation", so Anime are just animated films made in Japan. They differ in story, graphics and style because they came from a specific cultural, ethnic background and school of animation.
People here think there are only american animation and japanese anime because they are the most popular. Many other countries have animation schools and their own kind of animated films that differ from the classic american, like already mentioned French, Russians, Belgians etc.
From what I've written you can see I prefer the term animated film than cartoon.
In my mind I associate cartoons with short animation forms oriented towards younger audience.

Rikodou

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's What A Girl At My School Told My Girl Friend When She Asked If Spirited Away Was A Cartoon, The Girl Even Went On To Laugh About It With Her Friend, She Seemed To Sound Very Cool, Right?? Nope!! Anime Is Just Cartoons From Japan, So, It Was A Fail On Her Part, Has A Situation Like This Ever Happened To You?? Do You Know Any Super 'Otaku' Kids Who Are Just "Sooo Into 'Anime,' But Don't Watch 'Cartoons'"??
well yeah...take a eample:me
i love naruto and ft and bleach but hate cartoons other than tom and jerry and phineas and ferb..!!