Regular
Kin
3,446💸
Kumi
672💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Itachi's Amaterasu is a powerful Jutsu, but talking about Nerf, the Naruto series is not a video game or MOBA. It has a drawback when a user uses the technique.
Like i said, he was able to destroy toads belly in an instant where Jiraiya was also surprised how he destroy it and later Amaterasu was pretty much useless

settler

Kin
9💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, Amaterasu does not have "nerf" issue nor any ineffective issue after using. It does have limitation because too much uses would destroy the eye of the user.

Kin
358💸
Kumi
205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I read a theory that fire based jutsus in general in Naruto are nerfed because they would result in brutal scenes (burned people and stuff), that's why almost every character has a plot armor against them.

Tbh also even without that almost every single character in Naruto has a plot armor and is very difficult to kill.

Reactions: Angel90

Angel90

Regular
Kin
3,446💸
Kumi
672💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I read a theory that fire based jutsus in general in Naruto are nerfed because they would result in brutal scenes (burned people and stuff), that's why almost every character has a plot armor against them.

Tbh also even without that almost every single character in Naruto has a plot armor and is very difficult to kill.
Jiraiya himself stated that toads belly is resistant to fire but Itachi was still able to break through with Amaterasu
You must be registered for see images

Rinnebel

Kin
557💸
Kumi
2,451💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Itachi's Amaterasu is a powerful Jutsu, but talking about Nerf, the Naruto series is not a video game or MOBA. It has a drawback when a user uses the technique.
Something can get nerfed in a story just like anything else in life. If the author thought it was too good they’ll later add drawbacks or limitations or whatever to where it’s not like he could instantly set things in eternal flame however many times, all the time. Yeah. Things can get nerfed as the story goes along. Just like an update to a game to make changes, the author makes changes in thought and improvises upon what he has already written with those changes being either improving something, anything or knocking something down a notch. If it’s a technique we’re talking, just like in a game let’s say fighting game for example, a super move can get updated to do less damage or have you tick 5 health a second for 5 seconds. Literally same thing. I think you tried to sound too smart for your own good there. I didn’t like your comparison and disregarding the overall message of the post. It was extremely rude.
Post automatically merged:

I don’t think that theory holds much weight. It’s silly to think they couldn’t think of ways to non-graphically burn characters just like the non-graphically depicted characters getting impaled with swords, kunai, and chakra rods. Bleeding from their mouths. They had characters like Kimimaro and Itachi with cancer. Hiruzen basically committed suicide to stop Orochimaru. Danzo was out here pulling out people eyes. So that theory is a little whacky to me, unless the authors were just that silly to not be able to animate fire on someone’s clothes and then just passing out…

Angel90

Regular
Kin
3,446💸
Kumi
672💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Something can get nerfed in a story just like anything else in life. If the author thought it was too good they’ll later add drawbacks or limitations or whatever to where it’s not like he could instantly set things in eternal flame however many times, all the time. Yeah. Things can get nerfed as the story goes along. Just like an update to a game to make changes, the author makes changes in thought and improvises upon what he has already written with those changes being either improving something, anything or knocking something down a notch. If it’s a technique we’re talking, just like in a game let’s say fighting game for example, a super move can get updated to do less damage or have you tick 5 health a second for 5 seconds. Literally same thing. I think you tried to sound too smart for your own good there. I didn’t like your comparison and disregarding the overall message of the post. It was extremely rude.
Post automatically merged:

I don’t think that theory holds much weight. It’s silly to think they couldn’t think of ways to non-graphically burn characters just like the non-graphically depicted characters getting impaled with swords, kunai, and chakra rods. Bleeding from their mouths. They had characters like Kimimaro and Itachi with cancer. Hiruzen basically committed suicide to stop Orochimaru. Danzo was out here pulling out people eyes. So that theory is a little whacky to me, unless the authors were just that silly to not be able to animate fire on someone’s clothes and then just passing out…
What do you think of my post?

Reactions: Rinnebel