chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This may be a little late for some, but, ISIS claims the land from North of Baghdad to Aleppo, Syria as their Islamic State or Caliphate.
A. Do you think this will really hold up to force or is this just boasting?
B. Do you think this opens the door back to expansionism and imperialism again? It's really only been since the 40's and Hitler that countries have been touchy about gaining territory through military conquest, does this new state founded through occupation open a floodgate for other countries to try the same thing? Do you think we(US) or other countries for that matter, China/Russia/Japan/England/India should take suit and begin a rebirth of conquest or should we unite to eradicate the precedent?

Uzumaki Menma

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is very late :|

OT: Until IS proves they are a threat to American assets and lives, there is no need to engage them in any combat or sanctions because;

1. Obama will be blamed for anything that happens from here on out (not that this is relevant to the situation, just shows how shallow Republicans are)
  2. ISIS might not even be that big of a threat. They have very little people and means to accomplish what they say they want to
  3. The militaries of those governments will NOT lay down and allow ISIS to do what they want
  4. It is a crime for this man to declare a new caliphate, especially underneath these fake names he has created for himselves
  5. The real Muslim Umma should stand up and denounce this organization
  6. I've always wanted to see another Muslim Caliphate on par with the Ottoman Empire. Just didn't wish it had to be by these means :|

Last edited:

Namikun

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Now I do want a caliphate to happen, someday. But with a good caliph... not this way, murdering Shia's and Christians is absolutely horrible, not the way a caliphate should be...

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is very late :|

OT: Until IS proves they are a threat to American assets and lives, there is no need to engage them in any combat or sanctions because;

1. Obama will be blamed for anything that happens from here on out (not that this is relevant to the situation, just shows how shallow Republicans are)
  2. ISIS might not even be that big of a threat. They have very little people and means to accomplish what they say they want to
  3. The militaries of those governments will NOT lay down and allow ISIS to do what they want
  4. It is a crime for this man to declare a new caliphate, especially underneath these fake names he has created for himselves
  5. The real Muslim Umma should stand up and denounce this organization
  6. I've always wanted to see another Muslim Caliphate on par with the Ottoman Empire. Just didn't wish it had to be by these means :|
Not that late everything I've seen on it says they just declared it on June 30th. They have been taking over the territory for months yes so in that regard it would be late but I believe as of yesterday they declared the land they had taken as a state. I could be mis-informed though. I agree with your points I don't think we need to get involved and I think this is just a posturing motion, I think they understand they probably won't be able to hold this state.

Honestly I'd be interested to see other countries use this action as a means to start occupying more land. We've seen Russia start to do it recently and this, 60 years ago that would have been seen as an act of inexcusable aggression and battle lines would have been drawn now it seems like people are handling it like Hitler taking the Rhineland just to avoid a war.

Last edited:

Uzumaki Menma

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not that late everything I've seen on it says they just declared it on June 30th. They have been taking over the territory for months yes so in that regard it would be late but I believe as of yesterday they declared the land they had taken as a state. I could be mis-informed though.
No, sorry. You misinterpreted what I meant. I'm trying to say that there should've been a thread regarding ISIS a loooong time ago. It's a shame that they had to do this to make headlines here on the base.

Namikun

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not that late everything I've seen on it says they just declared it on June 30th. They have been taking over the territory for months yes so in that regard it would be late but I believe as of yesterday they declared the land they had taken as a state. I could be mis-informed though. I agree with your points I don't think we need to get involved and I think this is just a posturing motion, I think they understand they probably won't be able to hold this state.

Honestly I'd be interested to see other countries use this action as a means to start occupying more land. We've seen Russia start to do it recently and this, 60 years ago that would have been seen as an act of inexcusable aggression and battle lines would have been drawn now it seems like people are handling it like Hitler taking the Rhineland just to avoid a war.
Why ? Why not let the Caliphate be there for a while ? See how it goes and stuff, who knows. It might actually do a good job, don't believe everything the media tells you .

Turson

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why ? Why not let the Caliphate be there for a while ? See how it goes and stuff, who knows. It might actually do a good job, don't believe everything the media tells you .
This caliphate is made by fanatics, nothing good will come with it. They are taxing christians on counquered teretories, there was already a case of christian who couldnt afford to pay a tax and in result his wife and doughter were raped by numerous men, while he was forced to watch. He commited a suicide afterwards.

Last edited:

Uzumaki Menma

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This caliphate is made by fanatics, nothing good will come with it. They are taxing christians on counquered teretories, there was already a case of christian who couldnt afford to pay a tax and in result his wife and doughter were raped by numerous men, while he was forced to watch. He commited a suicide afterwards.
ISIS have not controlled significant territory for that long for the likes of that to happen.

Turson

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
ISIS have not controlled significant territory for that long for the likes of that to happen.
Actually, they counquered quite a lot of terretories in Iraq and Syria. In fact, Iraqi army is afraid to fight them, they even abondoned Ambrams tank that was left for them by US army. Now that tank is in hands of ISIS terrorists. They executed a houndreds of Iraqi soldiers, so surely they can do such things to christian civilians.

Uzumaki Menma

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Actually, they counquered quite a lot of terretories in Iraq and Syria. In fact, Iraqi army is afraid to fight them, they even abondoned Ambrams tank that was left for them by US army. Now that tank is in hands of ISIS terrorists. They executed a houndreds of Iraqi soldiers, so surely they can do such things to christian civilians.
It just shows you how messed up their organization is. Still don't believe that the UN let's them continue wracking up glory kills and territory like this.

Turson

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It just shows you how messed up their organization is. Still don't believe that the UN let's them continue wracking up glory kills and territory like this.
Lol? UN is a bunch of pussies. That organization is just for show, not for the real work. Did you not hear about genocide in Rwanda and UN actions while it was happening?

Last edited:

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, sorry. You misinterpreted what I meant. I'm trying to say that there should've been a thread regarding ISIS a loooong time ago. It's a shame that they had to do this to make headlines here on the base.
Oh got ya now, I think there was one or two when they first started invading but topics get pushed aside quick here.

Why what? Did you even read my post? I said I agree we shouldn't send in forces. I did say we should take advantage of the precedent and start taking over territories ourself like Russia did with Crimea.

Last edited:

Turson

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why what? Did you even read my post? I said I agree we shouldn't send in forces. I did say we should take advantage of the precedent and start taking over territories ourself like Russia did with Crimea.
You want USA to conquer new terretories? What terretories exaclty?

Besides that, I agree that western countires shouldnt interfere in middle east. That region is just too unstable, and no amount of armed forces are going to change that. I know its tragic that people are dying there, but Im pretty sure that it would never happen if US didnt invade Iraq in 2003. That invasion just destabilized whole region, nothing else.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You want USA to conquer new terretories? What terretories exaclty?

Besides that, I agree that western countires shouldnt interfere in middle east. That region is just too unstable, and no amount of armed forces are going to change that. I know its tragic that people are dying there, but Im pretty sure that it would never happen if US didnt invade Iraq in 2003. That invasion just destabilized whole region, nothing else.
It destabilized it because we play by this imaginary rule that we're too good to take over territories like every other empire before us and that is why America will be one of if not the shortest lived empire. Why should we have to be the super power who can't use their power? When England had a problem they locked shit down and way more ruthlessly than we have, when Rome had a problem they shut it down, when the US has a problem we talk about it for 9 months, throw tons of money and insufficient troops putting them at risk to accomplish little. If we were allowed without social repercussions, to take over the areas we bothered fighting in there would at least be a reason our soldiers had to die. We should stop playing world police if we're not willing to actually punish the people who don't listen.

Turson

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It destabilized it because we play by this imaginary rule that we're too good to take over territories like every other empire before us and that is why America will be one of if not the shortest lived empire. Why should we have to be the super power who can't use their power? When England had a problem they locked shit down and way more ruthlessly than we have, when Rome had a problem they shut it down, when the US has a problem we talk about it for 9 months, throw tons of money and insufficient troops putting them at risk to accomplish little. If we were allowed without social repercussions, to take over the areas we bothered fighting in there would at least be a reason our soldiers had to die. We should stop playing world police if we're not willing to actually punish the people who don't listen.
So you say that USA should just make Iraq into its 51 state? I doubt that it would work. USSR tried to do the same with Afghanistan and they failed. Hell, my country was counquered by Russia, Germany and Austria, three European superpowers for 123 years but it didnt stop us from making uprisings, until my country was finally free in 1918. IMO invading Iraq in 2003 was a bad idea to begin with.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So you say that USA should just make Iraq into its 51 state? I doubt that it would work. USSR tried to do the same with Afghanistan and they failed. Hell, my country was counquered by Russia, Germany and Austria, three European superpowers for 123 years but it didnt stop us from making uprisings, until my country was finally free in 1918. IMO invading Iraq in 2003 was a bad idea to begin with.
Not technically a state but a territory. Also I never said I wanted it to happen absolutely I said it'd be interesting to experience happening. I say the same thing about watching the planet explode from space but that doesn't mean I want those things to happen just that I would be interested/excited to experience them. I understand it would be a disaster but our lives are made up of just moments and I'd like mine to be memorable.

Tartarus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Empires" usually fall due to it being way too damn expensive to just start taking over territories and running them. Not to mention, that method of control is somewhat outdated since it's easier to take over something via economics now. I don't think imperialism is gonna make a comeback anytime soon. The Middle East is just too damn unstable to want to run at that.
ISIS are just another group of ass backwards extremists that think it's still the crusades where they can just establish theocracies at will. Most of the Middle Eastern governments are way stronger than these guys and once they get too cocky, then the major ME countries will likely stamp them out.

Namikun

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ah.. this guy again..

Reactions: Scooby Doo