Takure

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

(Reuters) - An offshoot of al Qaeda which has seized territory in Iraq and Syria has declared itself an Islamic "caliphate" and called on factions worldwide to pledge their allegiance, a statement posted on Islamist websites and Twitter said on Sunday.

The move poses a direct challenge to the central leadership of al Qaeda, which has disowned it, and to conservative Gulf Arab rulers who already view the group as a security threat.

The group, previously known as the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) and also known as ISIS, has renamed itself "Islamic State" and proclaimed its leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi as "Caliph" - the head of the state, the statement said.

"He is the imam and khalifah (Caliph) for the Muslims everywhere," the group's spokesman Abu Muhammad al-Adnani said in the statement, which was translated into several languages and read out in an Arabic audio speech.

"Accordingly, the "Iraq and Sham" (Levant) in the name of the Islamic State is henceforth removed from all official deliberations and communications, and the official name is the Islamic State from the date of this declaration," he said.

The Sunni Muslim militant group follows al Qaeda's hard-line ideology but draws its strength from foreign fighters battle-hardened from Iraq.

It seeks to re-create a medieval-style caliphate erasing borders from the Mediterranean to the Gulf. It deems Shi'ite Muslims to be heretics deserving death.

"It is incumbent upon all Muslims to pledge allegiance to (him) and support him...The legality of all emirates, groups, states, and organizations, becomes null by the expansion of the khalifah’s authority and arrival of its troops to their areas," the statement said.

Fighters from the group overran the Iraqi city of Mosul last month in a lightning action and have advanced towards Baghdad. In Syria they have captured territory in the north and east, along the frontier with Iraq.

In Syria, the group has alienated many civilians and opposition activists by imposing harsh rulings against dissent, even beheading and crucifying opponents, in areas it controls. In Iraq it has been accused by rights groups of carrying out mass executions in the northern city of Tikrit and in Lebanon the group claimed a suicide attack at a hotel on Wednesday.

"Whatever judgments are made in terms of its legitimacy, (the) announcement that it has restored the Caliphate is likely the most significant development in international jihadism since 9/11," said Charles Lister, Visiting Fellow at the Brookings Doha Center.

"The impact of this announcement will be global as al Qaeda affiliates and independent jihadist groups must now definitively choose to support and join the Islamic State or to oppose it."

GULF REACTION

Gulf Arab states such as Saudi Arabia are likely to be alarmed by the open declaration of a caliphate that challenges their power and the dynastic system on which it rests. Saudi Arabia fought al Qaeda militants for several years, finally crushing their campaign in 2006.

"Gulf rulers will view the statement as evidence that the organization poses a grave external threat to their stability," said Kristian Ulrichsen, Gulf expert at the U.S-based Baker Institute.

They will could also use it to defend themselves against any Western accusations they have been providing material and logistical support to the group by arguing that they stand in the front line against it, he added.

But some dismissed the idea that this would have a significant effect on the Gulf region.

"It might sound good to some circles who always have this dream of an Islamic state of a sort, but we all know that this Baghdadi, ISIL, they are not the kind of entities that could bring back the Islamic state," said Emirati political scientist Abdulkhaleq Abdullah.

"This guy (Baghdadi) doesn't have one iota of the credibility and credentials that (Osama) bin Laden had," he said, referring to al Qaeda's late leader.

The group crucified eight rival rebel fighters in Syria, a monitoring group said on Sunday, and it has frequently fought against al Qaeda's Syrian wing and other armed Islamist groups.

Such infighting has killed around 7,000 people in the country so far this year and complicated the three-year uprising against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Wabbit

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Some guy recently made a thread about some army rising and stuff and was saying to join them,seems like his time has come.

I am curious why US is not outrageous about it.They have not even fired any tomahawks lel
You can do any atrocity on massive scale as long as countries like US/west or Russia and China don't give a shit..

Reactions: Sherlock.

Takure

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Some guy recently made a thread about some army rising and stuff and was saying to join them,seems like his time has come.

I am curious why US is not outrageous about it.They have not even fired any tomahawks lel
You can do any atrocity on massive scale as long as countries like US/west or Russia and China don't give a shit..
America, China and Russia are all watching, and gauging the situation.

20% of China's oil (nearly 5.6 million barrels a day) comes from Iraq, so it's definitely going to defend its interests.

Last edited:

Turson

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Their motto: "Islam is the religion of peace and if you dont agree we will kill you."

Btw. Obama is trully ridiculous. He wants to fight against ISIL in Iraq, but he supports the same people in Syria. Brilliant, simply brilliant.

Western countries should support Assads regime, not fight against it.

Reactions: Conspirator.

Maly

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Their motto: "Islam is the religion of peace and if you dont agree we will kill you."

Btw. Obama is trully ridiculous. He wants to fight against ISIL in Iraq, but he supports the same people in Syria. Brilliant, simply brilliant.

Western countries should support Assads regime, not fight against it.
What a bullshit seriosuly.

This forums is full of kids who doesnt even give a crap about that, the matter is just too heavy for them.
Atleast they don't post on something they have no clue about, unlike you.

OT. They don't have anything to do with their religion, more like using the Islam to make their terroristic plans something that is right.
Nothing new where people use religion to start war and chaos.

Last edited:

Turson

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What a bullshit seriosuly.
And why is that? Before the rebellion women in Syria were treated relatively well, christians could openly practice their religion, now they must leave this country becuase fanatics from the so-called Free Syrian Army are slaughtering them. What people dont even know is the fact that it is rebellion of sunni muslim fanatics against Assad, who is a shiite muslim.
Atleast they don't post on something they have no clue about, unlike you.
I have a clue about it, my aunt was living in Syria for quite some time in the past.

Last edited:

Maly

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
And why is that? Before the rebellion women in Syria were treated relatively well, christians could openly practice their religion, now they must leave this country becuase fanatics from the so-called Free Syrian Army are slaughtering them. What people dont even know is the fact that it is rebellion of sunni muslim fanatics against Assad, who is a shiite muslim.

I have a clue about it, my aunt was living in Syria for quite some time in the past.

What are you talking about? Assad is the one that killed the sunni muslims and caused all the problem. He is the reasons why the nation is separate.

Turson

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What are you talking about? Assad is the one that killed the sunni muslims and caused all the problem. He is the reasons why the nation is separate.
Before the rebellion all muslms, even christians were able to live together. FSA wants to turn Syria into sunni muslim state with Sharia law. Assad wants his country to stay secular, no wonder he didnt want to tolerate fanatics.

silmarill

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why ignore what he said?
The reason because the "Free Cyrian army slaughters Cristians by the hundreds is because they don't like infidels, and infidels have to die.simple as that..
why or how can u ignore that? how do muslims always ignore things like that like it's not even there?
Is that some kidn oif special ability?

Maly

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Before the rebellion all muslms, even christians were able to live together. FSA wants to turn Syria into sunni muslim state with Sharia law. Assad wants his country to stay secular, no wonder he didnt want to tolerate fanatics.
Assad himself is a fanatic. He killed and keeps killing the sunni muslims. They where never peace because the shiite people never accepted others and always caused problem. That's not only in Syria, it is in all arab nations the problem.

Maly

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why ignore what he said?
The reason because the "Free Cyrian army slaughters Cristians by the hundreds is because they don't like infidels, and infidels have to die.simple as that..
why or how can u ignore that? how do muslims always ignore things like that like it's not even there?
Is that some kidn oif special ability?
I'm not a muslim and wth are you talking about?
You just believe the bullshit you see on TV. Try to look around those things and then tell me what to do.
I did not ignore nor i said somethign against it! I said how it is since he claimed to make only one side as the fault for the problem.

I don't believe on religion, which would even make this mdan world a better place.

Turson

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Assad himself is a fanatic. He killed and keeps killing the sunni muslims.
Hes no fanatic, he just have guts to oppose fanatics who want to take control in his country.
They where never peace because the shiite people never accepted others and always caused problem.
Thats not true, sunnis werent slaughered in Syria before the rebelion, like I said, even christians could practice their religion, its the sunni fanatics who started to slaughter others.

Maly

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hes no fanatic, he just have guts to oppose fanatics who want to take control in his country.

Thats not true, sunnis werent slaughered in Syria before the rebelion, like I said, even christians could practice their religion, its the sunni fanatics who started to slaughter others.
You are wrong in so many ways. I was in turkey in my holidays and guess what, the muslims over there are sunni.
I never saw any of them being agains other reiligions nor the ones that don't believe one. In istanbul i saw plenty of churchs where christians could do their pray.

And that's the point where you can see that Assad is trying to get rid of the sunni and is trying to make the shiite people to follow his dumb ideals. You just believe what you see on CNN and all the crap, which is 100% fake all the time. Arab nations will never get rid of this problem, if the shiite people don't accept the the different type of their religion.

Turson

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You are wrong in so many ways. I was in turkey in my holidays and guess what, the muslims over there are sunni.
Turkey is the special case. I would like you to read about Kemal Ataturk, one of the greatest reformators in hisotry. ->

And the role of Turkish army to keep their country a secular state. ->

FSA dont want Syria to be secular country, they want to create caliphate in Syria and Iraq. Syria before rebellion wasnt ideal country, sure, but I have no doubts that it was much better than country ruled by religious fanatics.
Arab nations will never get rid of this problem, if the shiite people don't accept the the different type of their religion.
What? Sunnins could live in Syria before the rebellion, they werent slaughtered like FSA is slaughtering people now.

Last edited:

Maly

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Turkey is the special case. I would like you to read about Kemal Ataturk, one of the greatest reformators in hisotry. ->

And the role of Turkish army to keep their country a secular state. ->

FSA dont want Syria to be secular country, they want to create caliphate in Syria and Iraq. Syria before rebellion wasnt ideal country, sure, but I have no doubts that it was much better than country ruled by religious fanatics.

What? Sunnins could live in Syria before the rebellion, they werent slaughtered like FSA is slaughtering people now.

I do know about Kemal attaturk and the turkey politics in general.

Both sides where slaughtered and in fight all the time.
You forget that shiite have the same fanatic groups as the sunni muslims. Assad is the elader of the fanatic shiite and he won't change anything in the country. Once they get rid of the sunni, they will do the same with other religions.

Turson

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I do know about Kemal attaturk and the turkey politics in general.

Both sides where slaughtered and in fight all the time.
You forget that shiite have the same fanatic groups as the sunni muslims.
Maybe so, but Assad was keeping them at bay. Before the rebellion sunnis werent slaughtered in Syria, they could live there just like christians. It was a stable country, and women there were treated relatively well, if you compare that to situation of women in countries with Sharia law.