Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
^^ As the title says... how is the series?

I believe it's on hiatus right, I guess it would be an awesome time to start reading now. But I would like to know what's it about. NO SPOILERS PLEASE.

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Where its at in the manga is pretty good almost, One Piece and Naruto good, but the whole food world thing is a turn off for me. My brother who is caught up says it only last so many chapters, so I'm thinking about starting from the begining,but I don't quite have the resolve yet.

Kurama2012

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
err me personally i found it hard getting into toriko, as he seems to be the most op guy from the get go im not sure if the series gets better as i haven't got round to reading any more which i want to

but its about food and hunting strong monsters for food to make the greatest menu ever

jiraiya lives

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No. Watch proper anime.
the anime sucks ass true:|..But have you read the manga? the manga is amazing!!

IMO toriko is the best ongoing manga and the last arc was the best arc of any manga ive read this year
the series just gets better week by week, Toriko and One piece are the only manga where after I finish reading it leave me with that feeling like I can't wait for the next chapter and see how every thing plays out.

I'd describe toriko as a faster paced one piece/more thought out DBZ

The world building is top notch and glues you in, the fights are on (in some cases above) DBZ/YU YU hakusho leve.

Toriko is currently my favorite manga followed by one piece and then Hunter X Hunter

ReverseZero12

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've made a thread about this earlier so you can check it out. I've gotten some mixed review's about it. Alot of people say its good and others say it's meh or not good. So I guess it really depends on the person. You won't know if it's good to you until you actually watch it.

Nocturnus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I haven't watched the anime but I really like the manga at first I thought it would all be about cooking food but it has a lot of action in it they go on adventures to hunt down rare and hard to capture delicious ingredients just read the first few chapters and see if you like it or not

I've always thought an accurate way to describe it would be to compare it to Hunter X Hunter but everyone is either a gourmet hunter or a beast hunter .-.

Last edited:

-S-

Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

IMO toriko is the best ongoing manga and the last arc was the best arc of any manga ive read this year
the series just gets better week by week, Toriko and One piece are the only manga where after I finish reading it leave me with that feeling like I can't wait for the next chapter and see how every thing plays out.

The world building is top notch and glues you in, the fights are on (in some cases above) DBZ/YU YU hakusho leve.

Toriko is currently my favorite manga followed by one piece and then Hunter X Hunter
Nah, I'm not really into Manga/Anime like this. All I have to do is look at the characters, and I'm put off.

After watching Naruto and Bleach, I'm done watching/reading anymore fighthing/power up stuff like this.

There are far better series you can watch, which are shorter and extremely enjoyable and thought-provoking. Why waste your time following something that looks 'childish', when you can spend it watching something far better.

This is just my opinion. If you like Toriko, then enjoy it with all your heart. But I personally wouldn't bother following it.

Yusuke Urameshi

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Whoa now. Nothing is better than YYH fights. Nothing. And HxH fights as well. Togashi is one of, if not the best writer of fights (and villains). Togashi >>>

jiraiya lives

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nah, I'm not really into Manga/Anime like this. All I have to do is look at the characters, and I'm put off.

After watching Naruto and Bleach, I'm done watching/reading anymore fighthing/power up stuff like this.

There are far better series you can watch, which are shorter and extremely enjoyable and thought-provoking. Why waste your time following something that looks 'childish', when you can spend it watching something far better.

This is just my opinion. If you like Toriko, then enjoy it with all your heart. But I personally wouldn't bother following it.
Character design really isn't a problem for me as long as the story is on point

I agree that there are a lot of good series that are much shorter, Heck I rarely pick up a series if it's over 50 episodes/100 chapters...and Toriko may look childish but I assure you it isn't, It actually gets pretty gory during fights and the story gets more mature by the arc..

but yea everyone won't enjoy the same thing. opinions and taste varies Lol

scorezor

Legendary
Kin
35💸
Kumi
2,506💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

fanboying in total here :|

Netferarri

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The story overall is great in my opinion, however if you do wanna go with the story, go with manga due to the anime being censored a whole lot. xD