Prince Badman

Regular
Kin
10💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A peculiar thing that came in my mind...maybe many of you guys noticed it too. Identity of a protagonist's parents especially their mothers' was revealed with a huge game changing secret or a power up...

1. Kushina Uzumaki (Naruto): We learnt that Uzumaki were a clan...a dangerous and powerful clan who were wiped out by the joint efforts of their enemies. Naruto gained the KCM.

2. Masaki Kurosaki (Bleach) : The big reveal that she is a quincy and the truth about her death accompanied by unlocking Ichigo's real power.

3. Monkey D Luffy (OP) : Identity of his mom too is being kept secret although a lot of secrets are to be revealed too.

What are your thoughts about this....?

Umari Senju

Legendary
Kin
238💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Most Shonen manga share the same order of predictable events/story structure with a few changes here and there. Just like many of their protagonists share similar if not exactly the same personality traits. You’re not wrong in seeing the trend with the Mom/dad reveals.

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A peculiar thing that came in my mind...maybe many of you guys noticed it too. Identity of a protagonist's parents especially their mothers' was revealed with a huge game changing secret or a power up...

1. Kushina Uzumaki (Naruto): We learnt that Uzumaki were a clan...a dangerous and powerful clan who were wiped out by the joint efforts of their enemies. Naruto gained the KCM.

2. Masaki Kurosaki (Bleach) : The big reveal that she is a quincy and the truth about her death accompanied by unlocking Ichigo's real power.

3. Monkey D Luffy (OP) : Identity of his mom too is being kept secret although a lot of secrets are to be revealed too.

What are your thoughts about this....?
Bad example.

I wouldn't compare Bleach and Naruto.

And it sounds like with OP, there's nothing revealed. So how can you use that as an example?

startup98

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Most Shonen manga share the same order of predictable events/story structure with a few changes here and there. Just like many of their protagonists share similar if not exactly the same personality traits. You’re not wrong in seeing the trend with the Mom/dad reveals.
I agree 100%.