[Discussion] Is there anything that can kill a Straw Hat?

ayush0735

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I mean seriously - Straw hats have been struck by almost everything that could kill a pirate in OP verse but none of them ever died. (Dont put the argument that no one is supposed to be dead in OP - several people already have)

Let me recap a few incidents. I will not bother with petty incidents where the SHs are just rammed by a sword in the heart (yes, thats sarcasm!):

-Mr.1 slicing Zoro (like a food processor slicing an onion)
-Mr.5 bombarding Usopp (like dynamites being blown to kill an ant)
-Almost everyone struck by Enel's 30,000 Volts electric current (which could probably subdue a Hulk)
-Zoro taking on Luffy's pain through Kuma when he was half dead (cant think of a pun for such ridiculous moment)
-I am going to let Magellan incident slide just coz of the 'Iva-san plot'

I bet the 'Villian Community' is still wondering if there is anything that can kill a SH member coz they are just invincible. SHs should have been dead in nearly every major arc but guess what - they dont even have the minutest injury. I wonder why villians even waste effort on SHs when the plot simply makes it impossible to kill a SH.

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well they are plot protected Im sorry but it is like that.

They could have died way before but wouldn't be fun losing one of the nakama :)

ayush0735

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well they are plot protected Im sorry but it is like that.

They could have died way before but wouldn't be fun losing one of the nakama :)
I dont mind the plot thing as long as it makes sense. But in OP, the SHs just get caught into a nuclear bomb and walk out without a scratch

Prog

Veteran
Kin
20💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I mean seriously - Straw hats have been struck by almost everything that could kill a pirate in OP verse but none of them ever died. (Dont put the argument that no one is supposed to be dead in OP - several people already have)

Let me recap a few incidents. I will not bother with petty incidents where the SHs are just rammed by a sword in the heart (yes, thats sarcasm!):

-Almost everyone struck by Enel's 30,000 Volts electric current (which could probably subdue a Hulk)
-Zoro taking on Luffy's pain through Kuma when he was half dead (cant think of a pun for such ridiculous moment)

I bet the 'Villian Community' is still wondering if there is anything that can kill a SH member coz they are just invincible. SHs should have been dead in nearly every major arc but guess what - they dont even have the minutest injury. I wonder why villians even waste effort on SHs when the plot simply makes it impossible to kill a SH.
30,000V is not a lot. Tasers use more than that.
Also, MC plot shield.

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I dont mind the plot thing as long as it makes sense. But in OP, the SHs just get caught into a nuclear bomb and walk out without a scratch
Well Oda just don't like killing ppl....

Im still can't believe how Pell survived the explosion or how the guy with an impact dial survived the pressure...

Ace got me bad I was so shocked I was in tears

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️

The fact that you have to overexaggerate so much makes it mighty hard for me to take this seriously. Also the fact that you think the Strawhats just walk out of battle with slight injuries.

silmarill

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Characters in One Piece are just very durable and have very good endurance or tolerance to pain

Jinbei is not a Strawhat but he survived a hole in his chest by a magma fist
Doffy his organs have been destroyed but because of his DF he can survive
Look what WB did at Marineford and what state he was in
Garp was slashed while sleeping and did not bother one bit
Shanks swam to the chore with a stump (which once was an arm) bleeding like hell
Have u seen the scar Kid has after Timeskip?
The Strawhats also are not just 'any pirate'
These treatments are not exlusive for the Strawhats. It's just a general rule of the Op world. Their Perseverance is not to be mistaken by stuff which we could consider lethal to us.

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

No the only SH that might die is Luffy at the very end of the series the rest will live.

ultraChalk

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If one of Luffys Crew were to die, he would probably lose his will to live entirely, and end up stopping his own heart.

And if Luffy himself dies, Zoro and Sanji go at it mercilessly until the other dies over who should have been there to protect him, the rest of the crew either gets caught in the cross fire or argues as well about what happened, or all become too depressed to ever pirate again.

That's what I believe is the reason why they can't die.