Is there any character who can counter the Kotoamatsukami?

Ka

• It can be countered ( say how )

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • It can't be countered ( say why )

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Every jutsu has it's weakness, so it can be countered. But IDK how.

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Slug Princess Tsunade

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What do you think? This genjutsu is very powerful, but every jutsu has its weakness, What's the weakness of the strongest genjutsu? Can someone counter it? Why/ why not?

Kotoamatsukami
( quote from Naruto wikia)

Kotoamatsukami is the ultimate genjutsu granted by Shisui Uchiha's Mangekyō Sharingan. The technique itself allows the user to enter the opponent's mind and manipulate them by giving them false experiences, making it seem as if they were doing things of their own free will. It is regarded as a genjutsu of the highest class, due to the victim being entirely unaware that they are being manipulated.
As a testament to its power it was strong enough to even negate Kabuto Yakushi's control over the revived Itachi Uchiha, in spite of the former's authority being considered almost absolute. After the technique is used, it requires around a decade before it can be used again, but this period can be drastically reduced through the possession of Hashirama Senju's cells, as observed by Danzō Shimura's use. However, despite the additional stamina granted by Hashirama's cells, it is asserted that this technique still can't be used multiple times in a single day.
Danzō gained access to this dōjutsu by taking and later implanting Shisui's Sharingan into his own right eye-socket while Shisui was still alive. Shisui entrusted his remaining Sharingan to Itachi, who implanted it into the eye belonging to one of his crows. This crow was later forcibly stored inside Naruto Uzumaki and rigged to emerge only in response to confronting Itachi's Mangekyō Sharingan. Upon activation, the genjutsu would give the order "protect Konoha" to whomever was affected by it. Itachi intended this to be used on his brother, in the eventuality that he turned against the village and assumed that he would have transplanted his eyes in order to obtain an Eternal Mangekyō Sharingan by then. The crow was instead used on Itachi himself, after being reincarnated and inadvertedly using his Mangekyō Sharingan when encountering Naruto during the Fourth Shinobi World War.

Last edited:

Joten Uchiha

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I can't see any way of countering it other than to successfully put the person using KA under a Genjutsu before they get the chance to use it? it's not a widely feared technique for nothing.

Exaar

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Anyone with a partner.

Tsunade with katsuyu on her shoulder
Hiruzen with Enma
Naruto with Ma/Pa or the kyuubi
Bee with the 8tails
Jiraiya with Ma/Pa

It said to be the most powerful, But i don't think ever said it's unbreakable, Or that you need uchiha blood to do so.

KuroKaze

Legendary
Kin
19💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
itachi was planning to use this eye jutsu on his brother(EMS sasuke) via the crow inside naruto....so its fair to assume that this genjutsu is as powerful as controlling a MS user as well as an EMS user....and also it doesn't even need a direct eye contact ....so i can't find any weaknesses... sorry

Valen

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You didnt disprove my point..Itachi who is one of the strongest genjutsu users fell for KA..You said other sharingan users wouldnt fall for that genjutsu
Allow me to rephrase then:

Other Sharingan users could be able to break out and see trough the Genjutsu

KuroKaze

Legendary
Kin
19💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Allow me to rephrase then:

Other Sharingan users could be able to break out and see trough the Genjutsu
i somehow doubt that....becoz to break past a genjutsu a user(a sharingan user also included) has to look for ""whether his chakra is disturbed or not right!!""....but koto is 1)without direct eye contact so reaction time is zero for the opponent...2)if one falls in this genjutsu...the user can manipulate their each and every thoughts/actions....so the sharingan user wouldn't go for the CHECKING that whether his chakra is calm or not.......so in short....falling under this genjutsu is THE END....unless there is someone else is there to didturb ur chakra flow.....

Meee

Legendary
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your only given false experiences people who have knowledge on this jutsu like Obito, Itachi and Danzo should realize they are being manipulated and continue to slaughter there enemy

Slug Princess Tsunade

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your only given false experiences people who have knowledge on this jutsu like Obito, Itachi and Danzo should realize they are being manipulated and continue to slaughter there enemy
Kotoamatsukami is the ultimate genjutsu granted by Shisui Uchiha's Mangekyō Sharingan. The technique itself allows the user to enter the opponent's mind and manipulate them by giving them false experiences, making it seem as if they were doing things of their own free will. It is regarded as a genjutsu of the highest class, due to the victim being entirely unaware that they are being manipulated.

Anakin Skywalker

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
didn't Ao a byakugan user already spotted it and stopped Danzo

so my guess is any Byakugan user can see the change in chakra when they themselves or someone in their field of vision are being manipulated ....not sure though