Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
latest chapter has obito saying in viz that he thought he died. but he doesnt seem to be aware of any afterlife, no rin meeting him lol. or no ''hell''. is there one in nv? if not, then doesnt infinite tsukyomi sound good if it didnt turn people into zetsu? lol

You must be registered for see images

during the war haku and zabuza were reunited. but haku was not aware of zabuzas fate. it was as if they just woke up from a dreamless nap.

also madara too.

how in a world where chakra can watch from inside seals like oro, minato and kushina can there not be one where they are together dead? not saying there is one in real life... D: anyone know anything naruto-y?

Reactions: ethris

Complex

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hell ya mofo
(In my opinion lol)
NVM I thought you were talking about in real life.
But in Naruto probably, since they hint it a lot

DotHack3r

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
latest chapter has obito saying in viz that he thought he died. but he doesnt seem to be aware of any afterlife, no rin meeting him lol. or no ''hell''. is there one in nv? if not, then doesnt infinite tsukyomi sound good if it didnt turn people into zetsu? lol

You must be registered for see images

during the war haku and zabuza were reunited. but haku was not aware of zabuzas fate. it was as if they just woke up from a dreamless nap.

also madara too.

how in a world where chakra can watch from inside seals like oro, minato and kushina can there not be one where they are together dead? not saying there is one in real life... D: anyone know anything naruto-y?
Well kakashi met up with his dad during pein arc

SolarSpider

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, that's pretty debatable. Maybe they are brought back with the memories of their living bodies. A spirit has no way to retain memories, but that doesn't mean their souls aren't at rest, or at peace until reincarnation.

Disquiet

Supreme
Kin
2💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well the souls have to go somewhere.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is an interesting point. In real life, we're still arguing if we even have a soul (as in a spirit; not sure if anyone believes soul and conscious is interchangeable). In Naruto, that's not up for debate, because they definitely have souls. I suppose if in real life we discovered that souls lingers around after death, that it would fall within our definition of an afterlife, if not pave a way for its classification as such. I'm sure there would be many arguments based on technicalities.

Even if there's currently mythologies and philosophies that doesn't define it as such, it would be more open to universal interpretation once souls, and lingering souls, are established as fact.

As for when the souls moves on, unless we start getting into Kishi's inspirations and use that as a basis for deciding this (though, that wouldn't be 100% reliable; not that anything we ever say will), we don't know because the soul could become nonexistent after it moves on. Then we'd start getting into questions such as "Did the soul pop into existence much the same it vanished from existence?"

If it can exist in a state independent of the physical body, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to believe there's a life before birth, in Naruto of course (just letting you know I'm still on track lol). This brings us to the reincarnations, it wasn't Ashura's and Indra's soul, but their chakra. They chose their host, ergo Naruto and Sasuke were already conceived, and I presume possessed a soul. Orochimaru inhabited a body while the soul is still inside its host, and Minato have already shown that it's possible for the soul and chakra to exist as two separate entities.

I wonder, then, how come they didn't choose to reincarnate as themselves. I don't see any moral concept holding Indra back from doing so, if he was like Madara, it's reasonable to me that he'd enter the baby's body and be fully revived.

Either whatever abstract means they used to transmigrate their chakra wasn't accessible to the soul, or their souls ceased to exist.

This was just to inspire thought, but I guess we may never truly know where it goes after it "moves on".

Edit: I suppose wandering chakra that seems to embody a conscious/the consciousness of its physical experience would still qualify as an after life, albeit not a wandering soul.

Last edited:

Angelic.

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
if their souls dont have memories then how do they go to be with loved ones? unless its like some weird one unified soul dimension entity thing.

maybe edos are revived as their memories were as well as their body. if its not including edo then kakashi shouldnt remember meeting his dad.