Is the sharingan a shortcut for power or Uchihas are gifted?

Shogo Makishima

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Sharingan has some extraordinary abilities. From being able to cast unbreakable genjutsus on their foes, copying jutsus, predicting movements. But is the sharingan a shortcut or are Uchihas gifted?

For instance Obito was said not to be gifted or very talented yet upon awakening his sharingan he was able to fight on par with jounin Kakashi.

Now Sasuke, Itachi, Madara on the other hand were always said to be gifted and have great abilities. Before and after the sharingan. So which is it?

Reactions: Dantee

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Realistically the Sharingan at 3T can make anyone strong, not Kage Level of course. But definitely stronger than your average Ninja.

MS is a joke. Those abilities are hack as ****.

-----
Take that for what you will. I'm not saying the Sharingan is a shortcut, but it's definitely OP when it reaches the MS stages.

Reactions: Shogo Makishima

Rinnesarada21

Banned
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just being an Uchiha in general makes you hax. Just look at Sakura after marrying Sasuke, in the burrito movie her CES can destroy without even touching you. And in gaiden she one shotted MS user with multiple MS who gave both Sasuke and Naruto trouble. Sarada is gonna be broken.

patrickscott

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nobody activates a sharingan out of the blue, it all has to do with emotions. It would have been a shortcut if you could activate it out of the blue.

super michael

Regular
Kin
595💸
Kumi
342💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I consider Uchiha having special chakra to unlock their Sharingan as natural as Shikamaru with his high IQ, neither requires any modification to the body to the body in anyway.

Shogo Makishima

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Josephu joester san.

Why so buttburt :pkun:
Not butthurt. Someone made a thread about bijuu being a shortcut and I agreed. But it got me thinking about the opposite end of the table. I guess it was inevitable but Uchiha were always known for their sharingans so I want to see what others thought on the subject.

Howling Fox

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
sharingan is a gift to make up for there natural weakness

just as the glorious Senju wipe dem out in da jungle. they had to compensate by crying a lot and taking each others eyes. now we get butthurt clowns ruining manga

Reactions: Angelic.

super michael

Regular
Kin
595💸
Kumi
342💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
For my answer I don't consider one unlocking their Sharingan a shortcut, since I consider Sharingan unlock natural like Shikamaru having a high IQ and his dad.

I wonder if the Nara Clan have high IQ or if its just only Shikamaru and his dad.

V h o

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Both but mostly a shortcut. Take how fast Sasuke copied lee taijutsu yet it took Lee years to get that far. Then there is genjutsu, copying jutsu, reading movements, MS shenanigans, izanagi, and izanami which vastly outshine other techniques.

unknownvillain1254

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Sharingan has some extraordinary abilities. From being able to cast unbreakable genjutsus on their foes, copying jutsus, predicting movements. But is the sharingan a shortcut or are Uchihas gifted?

For instance Obito was said not to be gifted or very talented yet upon awakening his sharingan he was able to fight on par with jounin Kakashi.

Now Sasuke, Itachi, Madara on the other hand were always said to be gifted and have great abilities. Before and after the sharingan. So which is it?
Not even halfway through a paragraph and you catch a lie

LoZelda101

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Realistically the Sharingan at 3T can make anyone strong, not Kage Level of course. But definitely stronger than your average Ninja.

MS is a joke. Those abilities are hack as ****.

-----
Take that for what you will. I'm not saying the Sharingan is a shortcut, but it's definitely OP when it reaches the MS stages.
Lol no. If that were the case orochi would had simply went after sharingan and nothing more. The reason Kakashi was epic with it is because he was already prodigy to begin with. Sasuke had to increase his base skills in shippuden, itachi is itachi and obito has kamui hax nonsense to supplement. Come on, don't sink to complexcity IQ lvl.

Last edited:

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The uchihas Kekkai genkai goes more than just their sharingan, them awakening their eyes is just a bonus for the trials they went through. Besides the emotional issue, they worked to get those eyes.

chaos control

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The uchihas Kekkai genkai goes more than just their sharingan, them awakening their eyes is just a bonus for the trials they went through. Besides the emotional issue, they worked to get those eyes.
What you have said can be true at times, but then there are other times where sharingan and associated powerups seem completely free.

For example:

Sasuke trained hard for years to kill Itachi and then finally killed him and awakened the mangekyou. That is an example of how an Uchiha can work for those eyes.

However on the flip side, you have Sarada who awakened sharingan just out of the excitement of seeing her daddy. That is an example of an instance where it seems free.

Also, one can make a certain argument about the whole emotions aspect of Uchiha eyes: There are many shinobi who experience just as much (if not more) pain than alot of these Uchihas. For example, Tsunade lost both her brother and her lover in very gruesome manners during war. Naruto lost Jiraiya, and Hashirama/Tobirama lost their brothers Kawarama and Itama during war at very young ages. As you can see, multiple shinobi such as these people have experienced the same trauma that would ultimately awaken sharingan or MS for an Uchiha, but these people did not awaken such eyes simply due to not having the right genes. Yet an Uchiha experiences the same type of trauma and goes from genin level to potentially kage level in an instant. Do you see how even the emotions aspect is still somewhat of a shortcut or an advantage for an Uchiha?

Over all, the eyes can be worked for, but they can also come relatively freely. It really just depends on the circumstances.