[Theory] Is the Kinkaku Force the second most powerful organization ?

Nidaime Suiton

Regular
Kin
424💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I am talking about Naruto and Naruto Shippuden, not Boruto.

Obviously the most powerful organization in Naruto, is the Akatsuki.

But, it seems that the Kinkaku Force composed of Ginkaku and Kinkaku with 20 "highly skilled" shinobis, is the second most powerful organization.

When Tobirama and its squad were hunted by the Kinkaku Force, it was implied that even though Tobirama and all of his squad fought the Kinkaku Force, they could't win.

You must be registered for see images

So it's mean that a combination of Tobirama, Young Hiruzen, Young Kagami, Young Danzo, and Young Torifu + the two future elders (even if their power isn't acknowledged, they still can contribute in numbers) , basically the elites shinobi of Konoha at this time, couldn't face the Kinkaku Force.

Tobirama never talked about "S rank shinobi", this "S rank shinobi" is a fan creation to explain how Tobirama could die. Anyway Tobirama was talking about highly skilled shinobi, so maybe the meeting of these 20 Jonin level shinobi could make something enough powerful to be really threatening against every Kage level shinobi + you should add Ginkaku and Kinkaku which are Kage level shinobi.;

So theoritically, the Kinkaku force is the second strongest organization in Naruto.

If even Tobirama Senju with his best subordinates, can't face them, that's means that only shinobi with Hashirama or Madara power level can face them.

+ don't forget that Ginkaku and Kinkaku one shot the 2nd Raikage.

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You mean "Kinkaku Unit". It was not an organization. And we don't know if Ginkaku and Kinkaku were part of the unit. It was never implied they couldn't win. They needed to sacrifice someone to set an ambush, Tobimaru eventually sacrifices himself tho.

Edited. My bad. Minor Correction.

But I still disagree with your theory. They had numbers, that does not count their individual strength before Nine-Tails.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nidaime Suiton

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The strongest actual group (excluding stuff like The Shinobi Alliance) is probably the Anbu or Root. The Bros' group benefited from the fact that they had all their members in one spot. Imagine hundreds of Anbu/Root ninjas attacking you, each with their own obscure & deadly jutsu. I bet the Anbu still has its own share of Itachis, Kakashis, Sais, and Yamatos, but we simply don't know about them because they're not the focus.

Nidaime Suiton

Regular
Kin
424💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You mean "Kinkaku Unit". It was not an organization. And we don't know if Ginkaku and Kinkaku were part of the unit. It was never implied they couldn't win. They needed to sacrifice someone to set an ambush, Tobimaru eventually sacrifices himself tho.

Edited. My bad. Minor Correction.

But I still disagree with your theory. They had numbers, that does not count their individual strength before Nine-Tails.

Hmm ok. I thought that Kinkaku and Ginkaku betrayed Kumo and created their own separatist organization.

But I am sure that when Tsunade said " They drove the second Hokage to the brink of death ", that's means when Tobirama acted as the decoy against the Kinkaku Unit, he didn't immediately die. He was severly injured by the unit so his body came back to Konoha, and he finally died in a hospital bed. That's why Orochimaru could get back Tobirama's corpse in order to use Edo Tensei. So finally, Ginkaku and Kinkaku were in the Unit when Tobirama acted as decoy.

Some people would say that Tobirama had been droven to the brink of death when Gin and Kin tried a Coup d'Etat, but no, because in this scene Tobirama don't appear as guy who had been recently droven to the brink of death.

Just before this scene, Tobirama was fleeing the place in which the Coup d'Etat happened, that's why Hiruzen and his teamates were all joining him, they knew that a Coup d'Etat happened so they had to join the 2nd Hokage who was victim from that. Tobirama in Naruto is among the fastest shinobi, and he has extreme reflexes. Even Minato acknowledged Tobirama's great reaction ability. + he is an excellent sensor.

No way Gin and Kin could one shot him during the Coup d'Etat, that's why Tobirama survived and not the 2nd Raikage.

So in my theory, Gin and Kin participated in the death of Tobirama. Tobirama died like Izuna, he died of injuries.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
More powerful than Leaf Elites != more powerful than other organisations not connected to Hidden Leaf.

A proper comparison works by addressing the upper and lower limits of all sides involved.

Doing so, i think the Seven Swordfolk being considered country slayers and being used to hype up the Sannin puts them ahead of their contemporaries (elite units from other villages). In terms of abilities, the fact that they are always powerful via the likes of Samehada (irrespective of who wields the blade) puts them ahead of other groups whose power is directly drawn from their members.

As for the 'stronger than Gokage' hype? I don't count it because it include the Tools of the Sage. I don't think the GSB were using those tools while they were with the Kinkaku Force.

As for the benchmarks, characters like Sasori and Kisame and Deidara, who originally belong to elite units of their own villages, are already more powerful in combat than Hashirama and Madara alone, so they don't do the GSB any favours as a benchmark.

But i think even alone and before eating Kurama the GSB were really powerful. So i would listen to an arguement of them being more powerful than the Seven Swordfolk. (But i haven't really thought it out, so i cant offer anything concrete for measurement)