Is it truly possible to be a good person?

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Being a good person is harder than people realize.

I don't believe good even exists, we all have flaws so we settle for what we try to achieve as good, but we can't ever become fully good.

This is because no matter how pure someone is there is always somthing someone can complain about.

Those opinions when exposing people can be hurtful and put people in a negative light, but even if they don't they are still thoughts of unhappiness towards you.
People can shake those opinions of as lies and twisting the truth.

But the truth is good is just an image, meaning it's fake, it doesn't represent reality, this is why people seem noisy but fall back on something moral to cover themselves up.

Really we are all noisy and want to be noisy we like being bad and wants to do bad things. However we can't get away with this so we ues morality as a weapon to cover up our flaws.

That creates an image we use towards the outside world, of good, that we are decent people, when really it's just used to hide oursevles from the consequenses of being bad.

Thruth to me is that people don't want to be good people they don't want to be exposed as bad people.

Last edited:

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Life is definately not a cheerful place but if you do good thing , majority of them actually kinda do it they are awarded.

If you see gloom news of a bad apple then you think your entire community is shithole. It depends where you live ?

I am in a place where laws are pretty damn strict , It all depends on society and country you live in .

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It really comes down to what you believe and what's your values I can understand people feeling doing the right thing can unrewarding you see bad people get away with things or rewarded in bad behaviors. Dealing with people on whole some times is pretty depressing with constant conflict, hypocrisy and bias.

I try to be a good person because I believe in God and think I'll be rewarded for how I treat others in end

Other people have other reasons why but comes down to how you view the world and what are your values shape how you act to others.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hmm, we have a lot to talk about . . Or rather, a lot of talking to do on a few topics

Anyway, yes.

Do you believe in a deity or superior beings/races? They instruct to be perfectly holy, just like them (Leviticus 19v2; John 14v12). Logic says you don't instruct the impossible, especially when you're practically all-knowing. They even offer examples of some who achieved this state (Enoch, Elijah).

Suppose you don't believe in their existence or goodwill. Then the fact that we even try to be good is a miracle beyond reasoning. We should be absolute savages, yet we're not. So somehow, we naturally sought out goodness. If we can seek it out, we can find it. If we can find it in part, we can find it in great parts. Whether its possible to be completely good/sinless is only a theoretical issue.
Post automatically merged:

Also, I might expand on this later, but . . .

The idea that people, especially religious, only do good for the reward is factually wrong, except maybe in a few cases. No, I mean that it's logically flawed and can't work if you properly examine it. Like, factually wrong.

JoanaTak

Kin
1,284💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was thinking about this for a while. A good person is something that we've created in our mind since there are only good actions you can do. Say, for example, an asshole sprays you with his hose but then he saves another person's life. Is he a good person ? You only say he's a good person because he saved somebody, which is a good action but somebody might still think he's an asshole for spraying them so is he somebody bad or good since he's done both ? I've also used this example somewhere else, but people like helping other people. Why do they do it ? They only do it to feel like a good person and it makes them feel good. However, the asshole that saved that person probably did it out of compassion because of not a lot of people like seeing things die. But all these examples are selfish because you did it because you felt bad and you wanted to feel good about helping others. It honestly depends on what you think though, you could say they're a good person or there are no good people.
LMAO the word good looks so weird, guh- ood

But if you ask me, just assume everybody is nice to an extent so you're not the bad person to them

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No matter what you do someone will say you're a bad person, like they say you're the bad guy in someones story. Best thing to do is be the best, kindest and most giving you can be, but it isnt always as simple as that. You also need to have your guard up a lot because there is a lot of 'wolves in sheeps clothing' out there, and being too good will make you become their prey.

I have no religion but my morals and the fact that I've been raised to treat people as you want to be treated, and that's all.

Reactions: Avaitto