Is it possible you CANT trust therapists?

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Pretty sure there's a standard test to become a therapist, but if a person is really psychopathic and they can pass the test I mean why not?
What if there are therapsits with completely different political views as you, what if you clash because those political views gets in the way?
For example the political views of a therapist might be public so you know about them, and dictate how they do their job which affects you.

Hammock

Veteran
Kin
2,799💸
Kumi
3,417💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
What if there are therapsits with completely different political views as you, what if you clash because those political views gets in the way?
For example the political views of a therapist might be public so you know about them, and dictate how they do their job which affects you.
I don't think therapists are allowed to bias towards any group of people so chances of that happening are low, but no 0%

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't think therapists are allowed to bias towards any group of people so chances of that happening are low, but no 0%
Maybe nobody watches them and they are biased anyways. Nobody knows what's in someones head.

Or maybe they just really have dumb opinions. I don't know for sure but I think Dr Phil said it was a good idea to reopen the world despite Corona cus cigarettes kill people too or some other analogy like that.
I for example think that lowers his reputation in my eyes.

Reactions: Premfection

Hammock

Veteran
Kin
2,799💸
Kumi
3,417💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Maybe nobody watches them and they are biased anyways. Nobody knows what's in someones head.

Or maybe they just really have dumb opinions. I don't know for sure but I think Dr Phil said it was a good idea to reopen the world despite Corona cus cigarettes kill people too or some other analogy like that.
You have a point but I think most people in the cognitive behavioural therapy area are working towards to help the world a better place, but yeah honestly they need to be kept in check as well

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You have a point but I think most people in the cognitive behavioural therapy area are working towards to help the world a better place, but yeah honestly they need to be kept in check as well
I don't think it's possible to watch the watchmen and I think the biggest problem is not that people want to do bad but because people disagree on what's good.

People used to think cocaine was medicine.

These thoughts makes me worried.

Reactions: Rylan

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Lol I saw that too it was pretty dumb

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
definitely, in the end they have to make a living. if theyre actually you know, helping their clients. theyd be out of jobs

thats why everyone ive ever met who did psychiatric therapy, always left eventually. its not like physical therapy, youll never actually complete it and be healed, most therapists wont tell you that, even if its the case. because they have money to make

kujaku

Kin
2,928💸
Kumi
352💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It is more than possible to not trust therapists, of course.

Therapists are people and people are dumb and have biased opinions and some don't even want to help, and they are also kind and genuine and actually listen to what you say and help you find a solution to your problems. That's why it's best to look around before deciding to start talking to a therapist (online reviews, opinions from people you know and spoke to them, see if the first session is free and go have a talk, decide after), but yeah, main point is therapists are people too, and there are all kinds of people. Just because they have a diploma doesn't mean they are neutral on everything, but some might be just good enough to set their own opinions aside and focus on what needs to be done and talked about.