Is it normal to be addicted to music?

soretynha

Kin
10💸
Kumi
32💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I am addicted to music, I must listen to. It just makes me feel calm, it makes me feel good, it gives me goosebumps. I spent practically my whole life listening to music and I'm always listening to when I have the chance. Of course, the music style must be the one I like. I know when to stop but when I'm not listening to, I may get depressed sometimes. I mean my brain must be entertained somehow.

Anyway I don't see it as a problem, but I believe that music is able to bring special feelings, at least that's how it works for me. Meanwhile some people search for drugs to be happy or crazy, music does it too in a very healthy way. What are your thoughts about that? Are you addicted to music too?

If you're interested in this subject, I recommend you to read these articles:

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
smh, i wouldnt say youre addicted to music, no. nobody likes a poser

I: "because it affects you?"

thats literally the purpose of a song and what every songwriter tries to achieve. because its doing what its suppose too, is kind of stating the obvious

II: "because youve listened to it all your life?"

pretty sure everyone has, i really dont see how thats valid

III: "has to be the style i like"

then are you really addicted? i mean if you think of someone with an addiction to like drugs, they get it anyway they can. plus music is music. i literally have favorite albums in every style of music and most hardcore music fans do. if you really loved it that much, youd be open to exploring it and finding as much as you can as possible to love

like im a professional artist in a certain style and a representative of that style, theres a certain duty to represent it. but i listen to all styles of music and create in other styles as well(just not publicly) out of love for music. but like those metal or hip-hop heads who think they love music but talk about how bad the other genres are and theirs is superior, do they really love music or are they just a fan of a certain style? because im pretty sure the same musical sound vibrations are in every other style

IV: I know when to stop but when I'm not listening to, I may get depressed sometimes. I mean my brain must be entertained somehow"

that just really says you need more hobbies and you get depressed because your bored, not because you have some dependency on music to be mentally stable. go play a video game or something or find more hobbies, try learning to play an instrument maybe

so its cool you like music like everyone else. but would i say youre a hardcore fan or music nerd? no

You must be registered for see images

soretynha

Kin
10💸
Kumi
32💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Apparently you're the FIRST person to ever listen to music to calm his/her nerves on their free time...no one else.

Apparently, this is something brand new.
Apparently you haven't read the articles I posted which explain that not anyone feel this way. Apparently you didn't understand the purpose of this thread.

smh, i wouldnt say youre addicted to music, no. nobody likes a poser

I: "because it affects you?"

thats literally the purpose of a song and what every songwriter tries to achieve. because its doing what its suppose too, is kind of stating the obvious

II: "because youve listened to it all your life?"

pretty sure everyone has, i really dont see how thats valid

III: "has to be the style i like"

then are you really addicted? i mean if you think of someone with an addiction to like drugs, they get it anyway they can. plus music is music. i literally have favorite albums in every style of music and most hardcore music fans do. if you really loved it that much, youd be open to exploring it and finding as much as you can as possible to love

like im a professional artist in a certain style and a representative of that style, theres a certain duty to represent it. but i listen to all styles of music and create in other styles as well(just not publicly) out of love for music. but like those metal or hip-hop heads who think they love music but talk about how bad the other genres are and theirs is superior, do they really love music or are they just a fan of a certain style? because im pretty sure the same musical sound vibrations are in every other style

IV: I know when to stop but when I'm not listening to, I may get depressed sometimes. I mean my brain must be entertained somehow"

that just really says you need more hobbies and you get depressed because your bored, not because you have some dependency on music to be mentally stable. go play a video game or something or find more hobbies, try learning to play an instrument maybe

so its cool you like music like everyone else. but would i say youre a hardcore fan or music nerd? no

You must be registered for see images

Ok, that's aggressive but a nice explanation, as I expected. But no, not everyone listened to music their whole lives, there's a difference between people that listen to music casually and people who are always thinking about music, that's what I'm trying to say here. You're right, being addicted to music is listen to all the genres, in my case I don't like hip-hop, but I understand that everyone has different tastes so I just don't judge it because there are people that don't like the music style I like too. I guess I'm just a fan. In overall I agree with you, thanks for clarifying stuff ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jazzy Stardust

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok, that's aggressive but a nice explanation, as I expected. But no, not everyone listened to music their whole lives, there's a difference between people that listen to music casually and people who are always thinking about music, that's what I'm trying to say here. You're right, being addicted to music is listen to all the genres, in my case I don't like hip-hop, but I understand that everyone has different tastes so I just don't judge it because there are people that don't like the music style I like too. I guess I'm just a fan. In overall I agree with you, thanks for clarifying stuff ;)
well im glad you didnt get offended by my response. wasnt trying to come off as aggressive, just how i am i guess lolxD

Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Basically if I didn't wake up every morning with a song playing in my head I would start to think there's something wrong with me. I've been playing and singing almost whole of my life and music in general has a very important role in my life.

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Everyone likes music.. well almost. There's a reason why people say "x is in his feelings right now" depending on what music "x" is playing, and there's a why reason why no one really plays gospel when they want to dance. Music moves people in different ways and we recognize that. Of course you're gonna fill a bit down when you're not doing an activity you enjoy.