Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
to give us a summary?

Sometimes I doubt whatever that ***** spouts when it sounds too good.

When he says summary I think he means an album, and since Drake, as far as the songs on More Life mean, he was too attached to other things, and now has come back to his former self, which was when music was his everything. So I'm guessing that's the implication of the concluding line on Do Not Disturb.

What are your insights on that line which says, "Maybe getting back my regular life will humble me. I'll be back in 2018 to give you the summary," or just the album as a whole?

PS: The album was surprisingly good. It felt really authentic to me to say the least, and like Drake was venting on his feelings from what he's experienced from clinging too much on the things he had, and people around him and how that was the primary distraction from his goals, which seem to be refreshed or revitalized as you venture through the album with him.

Nothing sounded forced or spurious, and I seldom thought that this song could have gone this way or that song could have been better if it was done this way.

Some of the songs sounded like experiments on different sounds, which is what's contagious about the album. He wasn't afraid to try new things and put spins on the old, and not sound obsolete. At the same time, there are some songs I couldn't really enjoy like Jorja Interlude which had potential if Drake extended it or featured an artist if he was that tired of stretching out the album.

Overall, the album was good. There wasn't any song that sounded legit terrible. Before this turns into a review, I'll ask again what you think the last lines meant and what Drake could have been thinking in just that one song, or the whole album if you gave it a try.

Last edited:

Erotic L

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It was boring for me. No song I was really fond of.

Worse than views, imo.
Don't tell me you didn't connect with Lose You?

I can't say Views wasn't on the trash side. It had so many terrible songs.

I think More Life is the closest we'll ever get to Take Care. He does seem to have replenished his ambition so I guess there's more in store.

Hopefully, he won't replicate Views.

Last edited:

Erotic L

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Errr... tbh, it was the second time. I guess I gotta give it more tries.
It would be fair to the artist if you did. Forget the ones he's singing on, they're not the focus of the album I think.

I think they're just so the album balances.

There are enough songs to change some of your disappointment.

Forbidden Technique

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
7am in Germany, can't believe that they heard of me.

Do Not Disturb is in my top 3 favorite songs on the album (or playlist), I really just wish he named the track '7am in Germany'. Goes perfectly with all his other time frame titled tracks. It's also my favorite version of rapping Drake, when he's just coasting the whole song without a hook.

Anyways, as for your question, it more than likely means he's planning to drop another album in 2018. Consistently dropping good material that people are going to want and continue to hear is all part of securing his spot on top of the game, which he has been sitting comfortably on for a solid 3-4 years now. Taking the things he has learned, and expanding on his repertoire. He even said on this very song, "I was an angry youth while writing Views, Saw a side of myself that I never knew". So with the line you're referencing, I think he just means that in 2018 he plans on dropping a project with new things he has learned and discovered along the way from making More Life and as this year progresses.

Erotic L

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
7am in Germany, can't believe that they heard of me.

Do Not Disturb is in my top 3 favorite songs on the album (or playlist), I really just wish he named the track '7am in Germany'. Goes perfectly with all his other time frame titled tracks. It's also my favorite version of rapping Drake, when he's just coasting the whole song without a hook.

Anyways, as for your question, it more than likely means he's planning to drop another album in 2018. Consistently dropping good material that people are going to want and continue to hear is all part of securing his spot on top of the game, which he has been sitting comfortably on for a solid 3-4 years now. Taking the things he has learned, and expanding on his repertoire. He even said on this very song, "I was an angry youth while writing Views, Saw a side of myself that I never knew". So with the line you're referencing, I think he just means that in 2018 he plans on dropping a project with new things he has learned and discovered along the way from making More Life and as this year progresses.
I thought he says "I was angry at you while I was writing Views", then says, "saw a side of myself that I just never knew." Anyways, I'm with you on that one. That's what I thought in the last line, and it got me excited a little. It sounds like the next album will be a perpetuation of the current one. Which subsequently means what I could have heard from More Life will get a kind of expansion or elaboration on the next, which is just good because I don't want the next album to be something completely new and unheard of. The same issues he raised should get their time to be shed a light on.

If Drake's aiming for that, then I'm not doubting the imminent album will be just as ****ing great as the one he's recently released.