Sol Ku

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ah I just played through the HD collection of Devil May Cry and played through Devil May cry 4.
So should I play the reboot now? Or just pass on it? Is it good, bad?

Reactions: fiend

fiend

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's a fun game, I completely enjoyed it, Dante is just meh in that game and if you liked higher difficulties and mechanics of previous game it's lacking it a bit. 7.5/10 for me, you'll enjoy it.

It's a good review.

Reactions: Sol Ku

Wolfus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Barely. The game is entertaining and everything, and the plot doesn't suck. But the characters? Holy sh*t. The new dante is a lame, stupid, terrible character that only knows one joke: "f*ck you".

See this dialogue

Mundus is also terribly written. And vergil is meh.

Their characters aren't bad compared to the old ones. They are absolutely bad. Even if you forget about the old ones.

Last edited:

Sol Ku

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The most common complaint I have heard is that the new characters are lacking, and judging by Wolfus reply that seems to be the case.
Are they really that bad?

fiend

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The most common complaint I have heard is that the new characters are lacking, and judging by Wolfus reply that seems to be the case.
Are they really that bad?
It's bad but doesn't make the game unplayable, in previous games it was Dante who just took the game to another level, this dante is emo, those one-liners, the persona of dante are all missing.
Vergil is just lacking what made him Vergil.
Mundus is better as villain.

The bottom line is Dante, Dante of DmC is written weakly as compared to his previous iterations.