Supreme
Kin
115💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Guys, I have watched around 75 episodes of Boruto and when compare it to Naruto Showen Jump episodes its really disappointing, these episode are getting shitty with no solid story line/ plot. i have a question to the people who have watched all the episodes till the recent one, is it worth watching like in general? should i continue if there is really something coming up in these new episodes or should i try something else? any recommendation?

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You should check it out yourself. Some older Naruto readers watch it for nostalgia, but you may have outgrown the age bracket it targets.

Currently I like Black Clover for light fun read. It's somewhat similar to Naruto in the beginning but not exactly and soon becomes it's own story. I mostly just read it. It's anime is popular too, if you prefer that. You may have to adjust with extra high volume of the hero in the first 1-3 episodes. Later on it has become less loud. But if you are not extra critical you may like it.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The story is fine but for long term i dont see it will be big as naruto.

I frankly detest the series of naruto does not have full stop. Kishi still wants to make profit on naruto untill people starts hating the product altoghether.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
i stopped watching the anime long ago, but i'll still give a strong no. i'd say give it a shot if circumstances were different, but it seems you're not really going to see anything worthwhile in the anime because of how slow the manga's pacing is. the plotlines are bound to be inconsequential & fillerish in the long run. From what I've seen the anime actually explores other characters and post-war changes, whereas the manga is super fixated on Boruto, which means most of what you see in the anime is probably useless for the series' main plot. watch it if the naruto databooks interested you i guess.

Reactions: salamander uchiha

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The story is fine but for long term i dont see it will be big as naruto.

I frankly detest the series of naruto does not have full stop. Kishi still wants to make profit on naruto untill people starts hating the product altoghether.
I don't see why you should be hating on something instead of just moving on. He gave Naruto manga a proper ending. Rest of it is just spin offs. I cannot blame him for making money from something he put 16 years in to and almost all his younger years with least breaks during that period of them all. DB still keeps going on in some way. There are tons of series which drag on one way or another. I have lost most of the interest in One piece, and even Hunter x Hunter but I see no ending in sight.

Besides Shueisha asked Kishimoto to start a sequel and Kishimoto proposed that they they let Ikemoto work on it, instead of him. Ikemoto wanted to work as mangaka and it gave him a chance. It's working out for them.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't see why you should be hating on something instead of just moving on. He gave Naruto manga a proper ending. Rest of it is just spin offs. I cannot blame him for making money from something he put 16 years in to and almost all his younger years with least breaks during that period of them all. DB still keeps going on in some way. There are tons of series which drag on one way or another. I have lost most of the interest in One piece, and even Hunter x Hunter but I see no ending in sight.

Besides Shueisha asked Kishimoto to start a sequel and Kishimoto proposed that they they let Ikemoto work on it, instead of him. Ikemoto wanted to work as mangaka and it gave him a chance. It's working out for them.
Well thats true there are other manga that is dragging.

Onepiece and HxH still has solid storyline that is outselling.

Boruto is a by product of the seriesjust ended. Maybe i have out grown watching it . The series can be done better overall though. Overall ok series but its just waving on the flag of naruto fandom and product.

If series like full metal alchemist can end with no extended sequel people overtime will see the series as one of the best.

Its same way for star wars or any other thing. If rightly done people will watch it.

Reactions: iNotorious

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well thats true there are other manga that is dragging.

Onepiece and HxH still has solid storyline that is outselling.

Boruto is a by product of the seriesjust ended. Maybe i have out grown watching it . The series can be done better overall though. Overall ok series but its just waving on the flag of naruto fandom and product.

If series like full metal alchemist can end with no extended sequel people overtime will see the series as one of the best.

Its same way for star wars or any other thing. If rightly done people will watch it.
Nah. Not that solid for me personally. I feel most of the chapters and characters of OP are redundant and cannot make myself care for them (random characters) or their motivations one bit. Once out of sight they are out of my mind and I wouldn't give a shit whether they live or die. Hunter x Hunter - togashi takes months to write and draw measly 10 chapters a year or less and that killed my interest. Worst thing is you cannot even discuss the series objectively. Fanboyism in the fandom is so aggressive they are not even ready to discuss it. The series have their cults of course and faithful followers who keep buying it since they grew up with it and it's a thing for them.

Fullmetal alchemsit was monthly. The first anime FMA was a spin off after some early chapters. Most people who read here, read it in a batch and got two versions of story, one slightly darker. Some like one , other prefer another version. But over all it reduces the complaints.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nah. Not that solid for me personally. I feel most of the chapters and characters of OP are redundant and cannot make myself care for them (random characters) or their motivations one bit. Once out of sight they are out of my mind and I wouldn't give a shit whether they live or die. Hunter x Hunter - togashi takes months to write and draw measly 10 chapters a year or less and that killed my interest. Worst thing is you cannot even discuss the series objectively. Fanboyism in the fandom is so aggressive they are not even ready to discuss it. The series have their cults of course and faithful followers who keep buying it since they grew up with it and it's a thing for them.

Fullmetal alchemsit was monthly. The first anime FMA was a spin off after some early chapters. Most people who read here, read it in a batch and got two versions of story, one slightly darker. Some like one , other prefer another version. But over all it reduces the complaints.
This one thing about one piece is true. One piece has good storyline but character development is not well done.

Well truth is i saw the flaws after timeskip everything has become powerlevel objectively because the mangaka has to convince reader luffy is prime contender. This was not case in pre time skip where char development and storyline had more focus.

Overall what attracts one piece to me is the world building and imagination . I have criticized one piece time to time as well regarding the pace.

.well looking back i think this is true fact as naruto fan i have outgrown watching the series. I dont feel attachment to the new series because maybe i dont really care about it. I tried to read it but gave up seems my time reading naruto has truly ended with him as hokage never really cared after events .

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This one thing about one piece is true. One piece has good storyline but character development is not well done.

Well truth is i saw the flaws after timeskip everything has become powerlevel objectively because the mangaka has to convince reader luffy is prime contender. This was not case in pre time skip where char development and storyline had more focus.

Overall what attracts one piece to me is the world building and imagination . I have criticized one piece time to time as well regarding the pace.

.well looking back i think this is true fact as naruto fan i have outgrown watching the series. I dont feel attachment to the new series because maybe i dont really care about it. I tried to read it but gave up seems my time reading naruto has truly ended with him as hokage never really cared after events .
Me neither. Post Naruto era is kind of post WW2 era. We are still dealing with remnants and problems created during colonization and those WWs but writing stories about it, would involve so much polarizing politics that it won't be fun .
So we now have transformers and Thanos and that's what's reflecting in Boruto too.

Reactions: MomoSaka and Shanks

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nah it's not worth it, it's a cheaper version of the original with low quality inconsistent writing. Everything happens for convenience and it's all about Boruto. Everybody else is irrelevant, his tag along or cheerleader.
Post automatically merged:

Wow, I never saw it that way. :000
And so you shouldn't, it's a very loose interpretation.
Post automatically merged:

Wow, I never saw it that way. :000
And so you shouldn't, it's a very loose interpretation.

Last edited:

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Insert eye roll here."

It's an objective and factual take, regardless of other factors and your opnion on it.
Insert triple eye roll here, lol.
I dunno, the world post WW2 split off into two blocks buying for dominion over the planet. Both around opposing economic ideals, both blocks were fighting proxy wars with the little guys caught in the cross fire. Eventually one hegemon came out on top and tried to shape the world in it's own image, however that didn't last very long. They were also highly industrialised before that not entering industrialisation. I did say "very loose interpretation" for a reason, Ira.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Insert triple eye roll here, lol.
I dunno, .....
The bold part sums it up. But it guess it happens when your eyes are going haywired like that rolling around so much.

And even as you try to discredit my post you demonstrate exactly what I said. Your view on the world WW and my view on the results of WW and effects of colonization are already polls apart. You try to downplay effects of colonization and imply cold war for super power position was the only issue resulting from WWs.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The bold part sums it up. But it guess it happens when your eyes are going haywired like that rolling around so much.

And even as you try to discredit my post you demonstrate exactly what I said. Your view on the world WW and my view on the results of WW and effects of colonization are already polls apart. You try to downplay effects of colonization and imply cold war for super power position was the only issue resulting from WWs.
I dunno was me being respectful towards you,however there's no real correlation between colonisation and the challenges of Boruto's world. Sure people rebelled and wanted independence from their colonial masters, but that's about it. And yes they did try to rise out of poverty and corruption was rife, again that has no correlation to Boruto's world. The major issues were between two economic ideals vying for dominion on the world. That's why I said "very loose" in my disagreement with your post.

I'm not really interested in a historical discussion so I'm going to leave it there.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I dunno was me being respectful towards you,however there's no real correlation between colonisation and the challenges of Boruto's world. Sure people rebelled and wanted independence from their colonial masters, but that's about it. And yes they did try to rise out of poverty and corruption was rife, again that has no correlation to Boruto's world. The major issues were between two economic ideals vying for dominion on the world. That's why I said "very loose" in my disagreement with your post.

I'm not really interested in a historical discussion so I'm going to leave it there.
There is no attempt to make a connection between challenges of this world in post war era and Boruto world. Boruto villains come from space. That's the point.

@bold: WW was result of trend of Colonialism. And effect of colonialism didn't end with economics. Poverty and corruption are just one aspect of it. It left social, cultural, political, religious and racial conflicts in it's wake and they have far reaching effects and cause of disturbance in various former colonies. But yea I don't see a point in discussing it with someone who sees it so superficially to ignore everything but economic aspect of it. ( and even that only partially).

Hori

Immortal
Kin
928💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Boruto is not worth watching, just watch only the epic fights like Kakashi vs All Boruto classmates and that fight where Naruto & Sasuke face Momoshiki.

Other than that I feel like its like watching Naruto shipuuden fillers