[Discussion] Is Air Palm the most broken technique ever?

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
1,695๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
If i asked you to list your top five broken or overpowered techniques, you would give me techniques like Particle Style, Black Flames, Auto Phasing and so on.

With these techniques, you would include on account of them being powerful, having special effects, being easy to use for their cost/output and so on. Each technique would have one of these, with the better ones having maybe two of these reasons.

AIR PALM CARRIES ALL OF THESE REASONS

Firstly, it is a very cheap move. The user pushes out internal energy of so little quantity that it is practically invisible. This makes it the most spammable technique of all known techniques. Is there any other technique which uses less energy? More proof of it being cheap is that it hits pinpoint energy points on the target, which would not work with big energy blasts because they would be too big. Final proof is that Orochimaru noted energy as having a weight, particularly the composite energy used in shinobi techniques. The fact that the technique moves so quickly that it strikes instantaneously (you can check out the description in the wiki) implies it being very light. That it does this with no environmental shockwave - as seen with 4T Naruto and his TBB - proves it extremely light, which proves it extremely small in its quantity of composite energy.

Secondly, it is extremely easy. The technique is used even by basic Hyuga servants. Hinata, who was implied as the least talented Hyuga in history, was seen doing the technique in tandem with Neji, the most talented. Their usage of it at the same level shows that the basic technique is simple enough that anyone of any talent level can perform it to its highest degree. This means it is usable for almost anyone interested in it.

Thirdly, it is powerful. The above two points only matter so far as it achieves a worthwhile effect. A kunai throw is also cheap (actually, you need a lot of kunai to spam it) and easy, but its effect is so poor that . . . The Air Palm pushes out with such force that someone like Kisame is blown back for a few metres with no resistance. It is so forceful that it reaches the target instantly. This is useful because, combined with its speed, it can push back any opponent, break down any wall/defence and push back any attack. This power gives it the same offence-defence that Particle Style has, in that its attack power works against enemy attacks to make it a virtual defence as well. Hence it was said, only Particle Style can beat Particle Style, because in a direct clash anything else is deleted. Air Palm does the same. A Fire Ball gets blown away or back. A kunai gets blown back. A Water Dragon gets blown apart. Anything solid (single body) gets blown back or away. It would probably even blow back/away even a Particle Style attack. It uses force, not matter, so it wouldn't get deleted. And with its speed, it would work faster than Particle Style which needs time to stabilise. In fact, combining it with the Byakugan beats practically everything back because the Byakugan user can see the composite energy being built up inside the enemy, allowing them to destabilise them even before they finish hand seals.

Those three alone make it beat anything else, quite literally, but there is more.

Fourthly, it is extremely fast. Even without its power, speed would make it beat other techniques. See, a kunai is much weaker than a Fire Ball, but if i can kunai you before you finish your Fire Ball, it doesn't matter. But how fast is it? Remember how fast a Fuma Shuriken is? (I will link that thread in the first reply). A FS was so fast that Sasuke used it to beat people who statistically a 2 or three levels above him. First as a kid against a clone of Zabuza which was equal to a clone of Kakashi which itself matched MS Sasuke who himself matched the 4th RK in temporary close quarters. Sasuke against Zabuza threw the FS so fast that the clone could not intercept and the real Zabuza could not see the second throw (albeit, he was not looking for it, but it is still a big thing to throw). Sasuke against Itachi stopped his legendary hand seal speed even though Itachi had already begun weaving seals. And that is the biggest and heaviest projectile! Normal kunai are usually seen being used to totally blitz shinobi from the front. We even saw them being thrown faster than Eighth Gate Gai could sprint forward. And that was by Sixth Gate Lee who is much slower than Gai. So it is clear as day, projectiles are extremely fast. 1 more example. Remember how Neji could cleanly react to uncloaked Naruto whose cloaked form could match Haku in pure speed who himself was much faster than Kakashi, albeit with a Gentle Fist technique? Well, a superior Neji could barely shift his body weight before a controlled arrow from Kidomaru from over 50m away got in his abdomen. And he slowed down that arrow with his own composite energy in his blindspot. And that was a controlled arrow, attached to a string, not even a free flying arrow! So the point is made, projectiles are insanely fast. Now here is the thing, projectiles must be unpacked, loaded and swung (pulling arm back) and then released toward a target. After release, it travels according to the balance of its weight and the strength of the thrower. All these steps are impediments to their speed. The Air Palm only needs an arm to be thrust forward and energy to be released. Nothing else. Energy is usually composed at the start of battle so the unpacking issue doesn't exist, practically. So an Air Palm only involves the final step of a kunai throw. On top of this, that it is not an iron object makes it much lighter and faster. So by the rules, an Air Palm is much faster than a kunai which itself is insanely fast. To close off this reasoning, the wiki itself describes the technique as instantaneous.
Fifthly, and most importantly, the technique is effective. The technique works by launching pinpoint energy towards the energy points of an opponent. The aim is essentially the same as the 64 Palms - to shut down their energy system. Of course accuracy is a problem at such distances as the technique is used at, but a well placed hit could shut down an opponent. Even a semi accurate hit could at least stop them from using their own energy techniques for a few moments. This is excellent against those who fly or use energy based evasion techniques like cloaks. This is not just an effect, but a very powerful one because the energy system underpins most techniques out there. This is in the same league of effect as phasing which doesn't even challenge attacks because it simply moves to a different place. Even so, phasing only lasts a small time period while a single good hit of Air Palm can permanently shut down an opponent.
So with these we a single technique that carries every reason for why techniques are considered broken or overpowered. And it adds up to an instantaneous, cannon power blast that can shut down opponents and is used by fodder and can be spammed hundreds of times. What the actual F! It works just like an Almighty Push except for being insanely cheaper and not omnidirectional.

The closing proof for it comes from this thread itself. Its very existence. The fact that no one ever calls it out. This shows that the technique is so overpowered that it doesn't even register in our minds. Its like if someone with a canon challenged Ali to a fight. Alie would say he can beat him, because the cannon is so over the top that it doesnt register as a legitimate weapon that his opponent would use. Perhaps judgement by association also factors in - weaker characters = weaker techniques - but even that is in favour of Air Palm as techniques that grow in power with the user would be overpowered in alien hands!
As for the competition, consider . . .
FTG requires prep, is expensive (reanimated Minato with KCM complained) and extremely difficult to even learn. Even after you use it, the opponent can match your strike speed or outsmart your timing. And even in defence (where it truly shines), you must throw the kunai far enough, or an explosion will destroy you wherever you appear.
Phasing actually has no showings . . . that was always an Obito boosted by the wooden homonculi made by the Heretic Statue. It is good, but its various conditions of movement and being expensive make it too limited.
Other MS techniques are too expensive or not that broken. Illusions are always breakable and require eye contact. Black Flames can be dodged or clone feinted. Even Flame Control is only as good as the flames themselves.
Immortality is only as good as your stats. Hidan can always be outdone in close quarters. And the abundance of techniques, naturally faster than characters, means that catching him is easy-ish, even if the techniques don't directly harm him. Even the likes of Suigetsu and Kakuzu can be trapped in a ditch.
Recovery techniques require energy (Hundred Healings) or convenient props (Jugo cannibalism).
So not only does Air Palm cover many more angles than all these others, but it arguably even beats them in their own fields.
Post automatically merged:

This website always messes up by spacing!
Post automatically merged:

Projectiles:

Last edited:

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
1,695๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
You must be a Hyuuga fan lol. I don't disagree with you. Do I think it is broken? No. Powerful and one of the best techniques? Yes. Nice breakdown. Good read.
As a matter of principle, i must give a serious response to your first sentence.

Truth functions such that every single side in every single arguement that has ever been had in all of history must have something good/correct about it and something imperfect about it. The first part (good) so that the side has some grounding to stand on, even if only for 2 seconds (in reality, nothing can stand withiut ground beneath it). The second part (imperfection/drawback) so that the other sides have space to stand on (matter cannot exist without space to occupy).

With that noted, your sentence works on the principle that it is impossible to appreciate the good/value piece of any side without being in agreement with that side as a whole. Well, since we know people have switched sides in the past, this is necessarily false because switching sides requires one to appreciate a different side while being on any other side. Again, can't stand on nothing โ€”> can't move against nothing.

So i don't actually ''must" be a Hyuga fan just because i hold a comparatively positive view on a technique they wield.

I know, i know. I had to. I practically had no choice, believe me.

Thanks for the positive review.

Allow me to ask, what is your standard for 'broken' then? For me, it is when a technique is worth far more than what it costs, practically breaking the power scale or power gaining rules.

Only Hiashi's and by extention Hanabi Hime's:nosebleed:
Hinata-sama now has the energy of Hamura . . .

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
1,914๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
As a matter of principle, i must give a serious response to your first sentence.

Truth functions such that every single side in every single arguement that has ever been had in all of history must have something good/correct about it and something imperfect about it. The first part (good) so that the side has some grounding to stand on, even if only for 2 seconds (in reality, nothing can stand withiut ground beneath it). The second part (imperfection/drawback) so that the other sides have space to stand on (matter cannot exist without space to occupy).

With that noted, your sentence works on the principle that it is impossible to appreciate the good/value piece of any side without being in agreement with that side as a whole. Well, since we know people have switched sides in the past, this is necessarily false because switching sides requires one to appreciate a different side while being on any other side. Again, can't stand on nothing โ€”> can't move against nothing.

So i don't actually ''must" be a Hyuga fan just because i hold a comparatively positive view on a technique they wield.

I know, i know. I had to. I practically had no choice, believe me.

Thanks for the positive review.

Allow me to ask, what is your standard for 'broken' then? For me, it is when a technique is worth far more than what it costs, practically breaking the power scale or power gaining rules.

Hinata-sama now has the energy of Hamura . . .
The only reason I say youโ€™re a Hyuuga fan is because you claimed Byakugan was the most powerful doujutsu (or was on that side of the fence in that thread) and now saying air palm is broken to make Hyuuga look like something amazing. Iโ€™m on a phone so Iโ€™m in no position to counter such statements however I cannot say that any Hyuuga tech is broken.

My standard of broken is shinra tensei, edo tensei and edo tensei vessels on the field, S/T ninjutsu, etc. Those are broken to me. Not air palm that we have seen do practically nothing the entire series.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
1,695๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
The only reason I say youโ€™re a Hyuuga fan is because you claimed Byakugan was the most powerful doujutsu (or was on that side of the fence in that thread) and now saying air palm is broken to make Hyuuga look like something amazing. Iโ€™m on a phone so Iโ€™m in no position to counter such statements however I cannot say that any Hyuuga tech is broken.

My standard of broken is shinra tensei, edo tensei and edo tensei vessels on the field, S/T ninjutsu, etc. Those are broken to me. Not air palm that we have seen do practically nothing the entire series.
Understandable

Those arent standards, those are examples. I take it you want showings? Why? In a story with limited pages, obviously not everything is going to get fair showings. Especially when showings are for characters, when the thread is about a technique.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
1,695๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Nah, I don't think it is broken as you claim. It might be cheap and powerful, but it has a limit. It is more Taijutsu-based and focuses on a precise area. It's not very wide-range. If it was broken, it would be like Shinra Tensei-level broken.
1. Isn't that enough?

So with these we a single technique that carries every reason for why techniques are considered broken or overpowered. And it adds up to an instantaneous, cannon power blast that can shut down opponents and is used by fodder and can be spammed hundreds of times. What the actual F! It works just like an Almighty Push except for being insanely cheaper and not omnidirectional.

AltF4

Kin
47๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
21๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Its garbage like literally every other Byakugan related technique but the 3 or 4 that Kaguya has actually

Kisames 30% clone literally ate Nejis airpalm like it was nothing

Its just a really low level wannabe Wind technique

Even Hiashis vacuum wall variant isnt even that impressive despite diverting the Juubis tail...Because literally every fodder Chunin there could do something against those tails to an extent

That showing is really blown out of proportion

Even a Nine Tailed amped Hinata outperforms her dads wall palm with her little basic bitch tiny palm that couldnt even compare to Nejis in size without the nine tailed amp...And even with the amp was still real small.

• Haha
Reactions: Infant

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
1,695๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Its garbage like literally every other Byakugan related technique but the 3 or 4 that Kaguya has actually

Even Hiashis vacuum wall variant isnt even that impressive despite diverting the Juubis tail...Because literally every fodder Chunin there could do something against those tails to an extent

Even a Nine Tailed amped Hinata outperforms her dads wall palm with her little basic bitch tiny palm that couldnt even compare to Nejis in size without the nine tailed amp...And even with the amp was still real small.
Kaguya just so happens to have a version of the vacuum palm . . .

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
11,914๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ

so u r saying that byakukan is a foder eye????..

AltF4

Kin
47๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
21๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Kaguya just so happens to have a version of the vacuum palm
No she doesnt

She has her own unique Kekkei Mora

Lets not do something so silly as to compare the 2 of them all right ๐Ÿ˜‚

Thats like saying Narutos Six Paths Biju FRS Barrage is the same as his normal Rasengan that his 12 year old self used against Kabuto

PLEASE dont be this dishonest ever again in the future

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
11,914๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
No she doesnt

Thats like saying Narutos Six Paths Biju FRS Barrage is the same as his normal Rasengan that his 12 year old self used against Kabuto

r u talkin to me?????..

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
1,695๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
No she doesnt

So first you argued that the difference was in quality, and now you switch to quantity?

In that case, Kaguya broke the Uchiha Energy Armour with hers, while Hiashi pushed back a TT tail comparable to a tailed beast with his. Weren't you the one arguing that the armour is less than a beaat?

The fact that they're even comparable, a technique used by a clan and one used by Kaguya, closes this case.